Just got some tuna steak at HEB. Suggestions for cooking?

Other urls found in this thread:

pbs.org/food/fresh-tastes/myth-sushi-grade/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Brush with sesame oil, dust with pepper, some powdered ginger. Sear it and slice.

burger

Heb is a flyover store, right? Oklahoma or Texas or something like that?

I wouldn't trust the tuna, so, I guess, light soy and mirin glaze, sesame crust, cook well done, and serve with aioli and frisee on a hamburger bun. Can you buy all that stuff in Texas? Other than the hamburger bun which I know you can? If not, then maybe just A1 sauce.

Tell your religious maniac friends that it's a "fish burger" so they don't get too freaked out about the whole thing. Don't tell them it's fish otherwise they might shoot you for being "vegan".

I'm in texas. I've got soy. Don't know about mirin , but can I substitute rice wine?

I've researched and they say most tuna steak is fine to eat raw because the FdA requires them to freeze it to kill all the parasites.

Learn your shit before talking shit. Texas has more coastline than a lot of "coastal" states.

*substitute white wine.
I don't have any sesame or frisee either

You can just mix in a small amount of light brown sugar, don't go overboard, this isn't dessert, you just want it to help with the browning because if you go too hot the sesame will burn.
Yeah but all you eat is steak and pork chops, your coast line is polluted with oil spills and agricultural runoff because you hate environmental protections.

Hi guis! I wan 2 cook sum radioactive fish, how do it?

No, unless it's like sauternes or TBA you're not getting enough sugar

Anyway if you're skipping the sesame seeds then just go super high heat and make sure the pan is adequately oiled

a little radiation never hurt anybody

I always braise it with finely chopped onions and tomatoes and a generous dose of herbs

Guis I heard dis is normie in the oceans. What say thee?

Hey OP.

I fed the last of my radioactive tuna fish to my dog. You should to. They like it raw so don't bother cooking it, fagot.

What about white wine with a little brown sugar and soy?
And spinach instead of frisee.

Why don't you try it and tell us how it turned out?

Ok will likely cook on wednesday and update you guys

I'm interested and disgusted

I absolutely guarantee HEB is far superior to whatever lame ass store you shop at, you fucking faggot.

I'm sure you enjoy it, and that's what counts

McCormick cajen season in a very not pan. Cook to rare or midrRe. Should have .25 inch done on the outside and warm but pink on the inside after resting. Castiron skillet is the key.

Spursfag pls go, and take Tim Duncan with you

What the fuck is HEB

It's a grocery chain in Texas. Think whole foods but more texas items and cheaper.

Is shark bro going to be okay?

>buys Tuna steaks
>Cooks them 4 days later

They were frozen and are in my freezer now.

Herbert Edward Butt.

Just kill yourself now. Who freezes fresh tuna? Putthat shit in the microwave and make tuna sandwiches. Pray you don't get sick.

>radioactivechat.blogspot.com
ah the good old source for scientific information

pbs.org/food/fresh-tastes/myth-sushi-grade/

>more texas items

??

Yeah just a flesh wound

They like to say they support local farms and businesses.
They carry a lot of brands local to texas and recipes and premade foods from texas chefs.

>tuna sandwich is OK
>tuna melt is fine
>tuna burger is where i draw the line

???

RIP shark bro

>Press 'F' to pay respects

Add more mercury.

How's American soil treating you, Jorge?