Would you say Sam Harris is 'Star Trek TNG' and Jordan Peterson more 'Lord of the Rings'?

Would you say Sam Harris is 'Star Trek TNG' and Jordan Peterson more 'Lord of the Rings'?

One is about secularism and rationality and slightly autistic, the other is obsessed with archetypes and good vs. Evil?

I'd say both of them are pop-intellectuals who have profited off of a poor public education system in the western world.

Sam is Twilight and Jordan is Harry Potter

No, Harris is Gummo and Peterson is Tree of Life.

Ahahaha
OP BTFO (I am OP)

Sam is like Fincher Jordan is like Tarkovsky

>poor public education system
oxymoron?

Despite enjoying Peterson's personality lectures, I'm getting tired of seeing him posted on here.

Accurate

Sam is wrong and Jordan is right

In the US public school actually means open to the public

what makes me sad is that in these threads they never talk about his (or sam harris) books

Decent comparison. Fincher's style is definitely more mechanical and logical and Tarkovsky more artful and reflective.

A pretty good point. A point, however, which I think both of these intellectuals believe in. And why they engage with the general populace in as a public (ie. simplifying) manner as possible.

Yes, you are a moron.

"Religion is just flawed science."

Where to even begin with the dunce?

Harris is Fassbinder, Peterson is Herzog.
Harris is Kubrick, Peterson is Malick.
Harris is Bergman, Peterson is Dreyer.
Harris is Teshigahara, Peterson is Kurowsawa.
Harris is Klimov, Peterson is Parajanov.
Harris is Lynch, Peterson is Jodorowky.
Harris is Coppola, Peterson is Scorsese.

I'm hungry.

no. I consider them Veeky Forums memes.

are they yootoobers or what?

Harris is Rihana, Peterson is Beyonce.
Harris is Lana del Rey, Peterson is Lady Gaga.
Harris is Offspring, Peterson is Joy Division.
Harris is Pepsi, Peterson is Coca-Cola.
Harris is Coffee, Peterson is Tea.
Harris is Sasha Grey, Peterson is Lexi Belle.

Dumb comparisons.

I take it you like Sam Harris better then?

I made this btw acknowledge me over 9000 hours in mspaint thanks

Pepsi doesn't make my teeth sticky after drinking it so I'm assuming Sam Harris is better.

Also Lana Del Rey has had a longer bout of relevancy than Lady Gaga did.

Sam is Descartes
Peterson is Rembrandt

Why does every discussion about them turn into a joke?
Its no joke!

Maybe I don't understand the views of Jordan Peterson but I he seems to be playing an empty word game every time I'm listening to him.

This reminds me of Talmud study and pilpul.

I feel like a better person for not knowing who either of these guys is.

is jewish education cool?

he straddles the line between schizophrenic rambling and coherent philosophizing most of the time. Try watching his personality lectures if you want to know what he's about.

underappreciated

It all comes down to mechanistic cognition versus mentalistic cognition. It comes on a spectrum with lower and higher amounts of it.
Harris is slightly autistic indeed, while Peterson is soft schizotypy desu senpai.

Delete This

Peterson's youtube channels is worth watching. especially the analysis of the lion king and pinocchio.

Peterson is an actual professor which is more than any of us will probably ever amount to on an academic level

First post best post

Astrology is (un)ironically not entirely a pseudo science
It is well established that the weather you were in the womb for impacts your development

Sam said he thinks great literature has truth but I don't think he honestly believes that, only concedes it without understanding it so that he doesn't get bogged down.

This, they both have PhDs.

Bump

i have a phd if u know what i mean
a pretty huge dick

But that's biology, not astrology

This is true. Veeky Forums basically tries to study astrology in its off-topic threads all day indirectly. It's funny. Give me b-day and I'll write you a pimp self-portrait.

why do they both look like types of kids in elementary school

hahahahahaha

Is this really unfunny

He's a continental in spirit for sure.

I know this is late but I chuckled user

4/10