Tfw working a shitty wageslave job to support living in a shitty apartment

>tfw working a shitty wageslave job to support living in a shitty apartment

I just want to sit in a comfy library all day and read

Come to far northern China and teach English - the pay is fantastic, you only work 25 hours a week, I save $2000 a month, and I spend almost all my time studying languages and basically living a monk life punctuated by occasional easy sexual encounters. What do you have to lose?

You will have to deal with the Siberian climate though, unfortunately. Also, you need a college degree.

Sound tempting?

I don't speak Mandarin

You don't need to. That's the beauty of it.

NOT faggot chicken OP here, I'm interested. How you did you get there?

You don't need to - in fact, many parents prefer that you can't speak it at all because they want full immersion for their children. I happen to speak pretty good Mandarin, but it's absolutely not a requirement.

Don't try for excuses, just do it. You probably need to shock your system with a massive cultural and lifestyle shift.

can't you read at your shit job? That is what I do, most of my day is spent occupying space waiting for a customer so I make sure to bring a kindle

Not op, tell me more please.
What are the requirements?

Literally just look up "teach english in china" (or any other slightly shitty country) and the rest will reveal itself. The demand for competent teachers far outstrips the supply so you are a hot commodity. You do need photographic proof that you are white, though.

Be warned though, many people become horrible alcoholics or sexual deviants with crippling depression because they either won't learn the language, are ugly, or were already so deep in depression that nothing could save them. Also, when it gets down to -35C (which actually happens here), you may rethink all this.

Tbqh, you may want to look into other countries (Vietnam is apparently great), but I went here because I'd already studied Mandarin and the pay gets better the further into permanent winter you go. I also don't mind the cold.

>I just want to sit in a comfy library all day and read
fuck you, nobody deserves this lifestyle

>photographic proof that you are white
Fuck there it goes another opportunity.

q.v. And: the requirements are basically:

1. Be native English speaker from USA or commonwealth country

2. Be actually white. You will actually seriously get more money and bargaining power if you have green/blue eyes and are handsome.

It's not all roses, since it can get lonely and, if you're not careful, you can end up continuing to just browse idiotic American websites, but in a foreign country. So I asked my landlord/boss (free apartment) to cut off my internet. (I'm posting this from the school) I now have the options of 1. watching Chinese TV (great for learning); 2. Studying Chinese or Russian from books (I've made amazing progress); or 3. Go meet people, go experience something in the city, etc.

I'm starting to think this was an extreme solution to what I thought was my problem (too much internet), but I am genuinely interested in life again after having thought I was totally lost. Some people do go crazy and get far more depressed though.

Lads

How do I un-cuck myself from this society?

go live innawoods and send mail bombs to random faggots

>punctuated by occasional easy sexual encounters

wat

yeah but the ppl in the library cough and are stupid which doesn't bother you when homeless but afterwards it really does

don't chinese people look down in you though

Well, I fuck their women with more success than they do, so if they judge me, they can judge me.

A more colloquial way of saying that is "I take them to the bone zone without much difficulty". Hopefully that explains it.

Do you really think that people who write interesting stories are attracted to the "comfy" lifestyle?

At least they have the free time to read & write away from constant distraction and commitments

But what is there to write about if not your commitments and 'distractions'? The unlived life is not worth analyzing, famerino.

Holy fuck, dude. If you still have this thread open will you please tell me more. I'm completely burnt out on life and this sounds perfect for me.

>1. Be native English speaker from USA or commonwealth country

Yep

>2. Be actually white

Yep

>You will actually seriously get more money and bargaining power if you have green/blue eyes and are handsome.

Match made in heaven

>what I thought was my problem (too much internet)

Literally me

>I am genuinely interested in life again

Exactly what I'm looking for

>having thought I was totally lost

Me

Please, tell me what's the first step to getting where you are.

The comfy life is not an unlived one. Good night's of sleep only comes after long days.

I hope you are still looking at this thread!

I think that just about sums it up, but I'll give you additional details that have made me like it more:

1. Women here often want relationships and are predictable though high-maintenance. But beware of spending too much time with women because after a few months of having only female friends at work, girlfriends outside of work, and having only watching Korean soap operas dubbed in Chinese (because I could understand them, while higher-brow stuff was impenetrable), I starting talking like a total fag without realizing it.

2. I have lots of free time and no 'easy' ways of spending it at home. No internet at home is a key. I do still browse the shitpost boards at work sometimes (like now), but the hurdle of VPN and no internet at home make it enough of an inconvenience that I mostly avoid it.

3. Chinese people (especially the old men) have extremely foreign ideas floating around in their head. When I see a crusty old Chinese man looking pensive, I am always instantly reminded of the inconceivable variety of human experience. This is hard to describe, but I often felt bored with life because I couldn't escape this idea that Western liberal capitalism is the end of the road for human development and all experience reduces down to the same basic tedium and emotions. It's sort of like the color palette of the world has expanded, even if I'm still basically painting with the same colors. Knowing there are more makes me more interested in my own, since not everyone can paint with them. Pretty gay metaphor, right?

Bad:

1. You will literally constantly be surrounded by Chinese people (this is bad)

2. All Chinese businesses are sort of shady. I've heard it said frequently that Chinese people constantly invent new ways to rip people off that seem almost beyond conception. So you have to be vigilant with your employer. Generally the more desirable the city, the more they'll fuck with you. Right now I live in an area that frequently get colder than -30C, so I've had an easy time with the nonsense.

Your prose feels very faggy. Are you gay by any chance?

Oh, and the other thing is that it's hard to return to America because teaching English to orientals is basically a black hole on your resume. I have a degree from a very good school in a very desirable field, but I don't think I can get a job in that field anymore without attending grad school. I never wanted to, which is why I'm in fuckin' China, but just know that this is a more extreme/permanent decision than it might first appear. I think I might just indulge my wanderlust for as long as I can before I get sick of it. Then I'll be, like, a crane operator or some shit.

Fuck yeah man, you sound exactly like me. I will absolutely keep this option open if I get bored with life after graduation.

>crane operator

Dope dude. I've always thought of welding as a back up, but I think there's some nobility in the crane.

What's your degree in?

>I starting talking like a total fag without realizing it
Yes its apparent.
>pretty gay metaphore right?
You said it.

Finance is my degree, from a school that's known for its finance program. Most of my friend are in NY right now making $150k+ 2 years out of college (but working 80+ hours a week). Oddly enough, I have a higher net worth than all of them because the school gave me a full scholarship that's endowed for "non-typical business students", i.e. people who will immediately hate the business world and never enter it as a career, while my friends all took out huge loans.

And I don't know if this is a cure for boredom, more like a deferral of the reckoning of a huge existential crisis.

Damn, you're a good man. You really lifted my spirits by telling me about this option after I get my degree. I've felt like shit lately, which is in a long series of feeling like shit about the direction of my life, so this was about the best thing I could hear.

What do you mean it's a black hole on your resume? Like an employer sees it and thinks you're shady or something? I don't plan on having a hotshot career at any point so I'm not worried about it, just wondering.

Basically, since you're not an accredited teacher, it doesn't look like much - it basically seems like you were hired to babysit for 25 hours a week, based merely on your ability to speak English and be white at the same time. It's not a hard job, so the perception is not exactly unfounded. But I'm not really worrying about that now, because I am in a comfortable position, pursuing my only passion (language study), and I don't have to justify myself to anyone. I may also end up working as a translator or something like that, though that might require additional schooling, even if I am fluent.

>Come to far northern China and teach English - the pay is fantastic,

DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS SHILL. YOU ARE BEING TRICKED.

How old are you user? Also, tell me about the depression of others in your position if you're still there

Aren't they rather unattractive?

I grow weed for 60k a year

lel senpai got dunked for not believing in me

SORT YOURSELF OUT

bump

>Basically, since you're not an accredited teacher, it doesn't look like much - it basically seems like you were hired to babysit for 25 hours a week, based merely on your ability to speak English and be white at the same time
What about if I got a graduate degree/1 yr masters in teaching though (after my bachelors), so I'd be licensed to teach in the UK, and seem like a teacher that took their expertise to another country? Would that mitigate this, ya' think?