How do you maintain your focus while you read? How do you read for hours at a time without getting bored or distracted?

How do you maintain your focus while you read? How do you read for hours at a time without getting bored or distracted?

magic.

Adderall

Would it be a bad idea to ask my weed dealer for adderal?

I use this to study

1. pick something I genuinely want to read
That means reading not for meme value or because it's a famous book that "just has to be read."

2. Go someplace quiet and peaceful to read, such as a park or a library.
And don't bring your phone if you're just going to browse the internet with it.

you keep reading until you develop the habit

why the fuck do you think you'll magically be able to sit and read 1000000 pages for hour for 90 hours straight if you're not able to read 10 pages without getting bored?

Same way I stop myself from cumming

How... how do you do that?

I have a hard time believing that doing X a lot will make someone less bored by X.

Of course, I haven't been able to commit myself to anything like that, because I seem to be unable to push past the boredom. So who am I to say?

I think what user meant was that OP should read more so he can develop the habit of reading for a prolong period of time

if you keep looking for pleasure alone on literature you'll get nowhere
if you want pleasure, go play video-games or watch anime, or read shitty books if you feel like reading is important or some shit... and leave literature for us

>commit myelf to read 15 pages straight today
>typically read a few, digest, break a few minutes, repeat
>up to 10th page
>fall asleep
>midday, not even tired

Even when I manage to have the attention span, I fall asleep. I wish I could read for 3 hours straight like when I was a kid.

Yes. I think changes you, and leaves you empty afterward. Stick to caffeine. Maybe nicotine if you vape, but Im not familiar enough with it to actually recommend it.

Not quite just reading, the capacity to do general stuff for hours happens by trying enough. But that depends a lot on the person and most people are too tv age to handle it.

i wish i could tell you. i was baiting for an answer myself

But he'll probably have some and won't be mad at me for asking right?

Why the fuck would he be mad at you for asking? Holy shit lad.

Try asking your dealer for crack and see if he's happy

It's like you want me to think you're retarded.

wtf asking for other drugs is the quickest way to get your dealer to drop you
Look it up

I'm in the same boat
starting to wonder whether a decade of jacking off on Veeky Forums has killed my attention span

Adderall is the next closest thing to weed little faggots like you ask for.

>taking your drug-taking degeneracy this seriously

Fuck off. This board is for civilized folk.

What's the closest?

It has. Read "The Shallows"

fuck off, berry faggot

I'm doing exactly the opposite, you fucking mong.

A shitty sleep schedule can do that to you. My attention span got way better when I started sleeping 7+ hours every day.

kys aspie

By edging you stop yourself from finishing a chapter or a section when it gets interesting take a break 3 min then do it agajn.

White noise.

Bose QuietComfort 35 and the Noisil app will completely shut out the outside world. Then I only need to sit somewhere quiet with decent lightning etc.

Other than that the answer is to find someplace without distractions, and to turn off your phone.

You really wait three minutes?

I know this post probably isn't serious, but I find that taking breaks completely kills whatever interest I had in reading whatever I'm reading. Truth is that shit gets boring after a while, no matter how interesting it seems.

well i usually set a goal for myself every session and work my way up if i'm feeling competetive. tonight i'm going to go for 5k adamantite bars smelted which will give me 50k addy dart tips and a varying amount of pages read.

weed burned out my brian

by reading a book you like

Permanent or temporary change? How so?