I just can't grasp algebra

>I just can't grasp algebra
>it's been my bane since high school

Please help before it's too late.

you're a brainlet among brainlets

What are the tropes of things you are trying to do?

Complex fractions and factoring, polynomials basically are giving me absolute hell and always have. Square roots as well.

>the state of American education

jesus fucking christ you guys are pathetic.

Literally every country in the world does algebra in middle school. No wonder China has already overtaken the US in STEM research.

Well that's one way to use quads

>reddit picture
>is a brainlet
lurk if you like but please don't post

I can't grasp how someone could possibly struggle with such basic concepts.

Just kill yourself.

Take it from the beginning man, these guys are dicks but don't let that stop you.

guys help pls I can't add 2 and 2 together

You have a low I.Q. If you haven't gotten down factoring and polynomials by now and "square roots are hell", you are not prepared for anything beyond a menial task for a living.

Just look up videos on YouTube, and go to Khan Academy. Practice, dickweed.

After high school, I didn't even know how to do fractions, so I sat down and learned them with the help of an old G.E.D. book. Granted, I still had to take remedial math classes at the university, but it was fun.

me love math thonk

>it's been my bane since high school

Bane?

That's a big problem.

This

This is the only good answer. Just apply yourself, OP.

Yeah it's fucking sad. All the non-retards have to be herded into groups as early as 3rd grade to keep them away from the massive hoard of brainlets. They then get sent to magnet schools for middle school, where they have an "advanced" (normal for the rest of the world) cirriculum, then take AP classes in high school - often having to dual-enroll in multiple schools.

reading this thread makes me so happy i finished school years ago

For you.

OP here. I finished high school 10 years ago, worked and stuff and now I'm in school.

That's why I'm struggling so much with math. I've had 10 years to forget what little I knew before.

You mean by cheating? Chinese are brainlets.

Algebra is not complicated in concept whatsoever, if you are having a lot of trouble with it its probably because you never properly learned in the first place or you dont practice enough to be able to manipulate notation. Go back to fundamentals and start from there; use whatever learning method you most identify with, personally I lecture out loud to myself on topics im learning.

You are not meant for STEM but that's okay, plenty of other fields to hold your interest, science can be a side interest. Everybody has strengths and weakness OP.

Neither can I and I routinely get 130+ in online IQ tests.

I just don't get algebra.

You are obviously missing a foundation. Swallow your pride, and start with 6th grade math. Work up to brainlet math

IQ tests won't help you unless you have a solid foundation of why math works. Factoring and polynomials will make sense if you have the foundation. Just go through a remedial course and get it done. I had to do the same going back to school

practice and don't try to take a shortcut
start from the beginning

Find x.

2x + 3 = 9

If you can do this proof you understand algebra

x=3 ?

You're on your way

it's right there

>STEM research
dude holy shit how u do that

um excuse me but
WHAT STYLE?

oneechan "blackboard" theme
oneechan is an addon or extension that adds extra themes (and weeb shit that you can disable)
i think it requires 4chanx as well

thanks

>China
lol

x=6, duh.

You got taught the basics when all you could think about was gaming and looking at 13 year old tits (might still be the same actually but i'm reffering to high school).

I had the same problems you had. But when I started uni I just relearned it myself, paying attention to the different concepts they're using in algebra and what they meant and trying to understand why something is done in a certain way made literally everything algebra related as easy as 1 + 1=2. because it basically is just that just with more steps.

What i'm trying to say is you are probably at lets say step 10 just copying the method of solving something whilst you never truly learned to understand step 2 and 3 and 4 and how that relates to step 10.

also checked.

>because it basically is just that just with more steps.
That is pretty much all math.

Hall and knight is a nice book to start of with . For doubts use Khan Academy

x=-1/12, duh.

Let Brain -> Brainlet
Thus, you're a brainlet
>online
>ONLINE
x= 1/0, it is a complicated number.

>And the Abel Prize for 2018 belongs to

Also, is that Wojak what you call an egghead?