Does space safety inhibit creativity? Will a 9-to-5 job affect my writing?

Does space safety inhibit creativity? Will a 9-to-5 job affect my writing?

a lot of writers held shit tier day jobs

worth considering is if your job requires thought effort ie coding vs janitor etc

>Will a 9-to-5 job affect my writing?

Well for one how are you meant to have time to write between the commitment and exhaustion of wage cucking?
Has there ever been a great writer that produced works around such a job

>a lot of writers held shit tier day jobs

Like who?

Frankz Kafka

A lot. Ts Elliot worked in a bank. Kafka in an insurance company

Writing to make a living in itself is usually a shit day job. Writing drivel about something you don't like

Beats me, m8.

charles bukowski, franz kafka, witold gombrowicz, e.r eddison, jack vance, joris karl huysmans, henry green, nell dunn, noah cicero, karl parkinson, sam pink, kate holden, alfred starr hamilton, jesus correa, jane harris...

probably hundreds more i can't name off the top of my head.

Kafka hated it, he thought about quitting everyday to focus on writing and his schedule was insane not healthy at all

You have to wonder whether his writing would have improved outside that context or whether that shitty situation was needed to inspire his work

Sure, yeah. His health would have no doubt benefitted from it though, there would be more of him to read today

I just started working a desk job, and I have to admit that it's fucking difficult to make time for my reading and writing.

Reee

BolaƱo desu

Maimonides worked twelve hours a day as a physician and still changed the world of theology.

9-5 is nothing even for a brainlet. Hone your Willpower.

Of course, you're spending a good chunk of your lifetime on that job, how could that not affect both your writing, your thoughts and your inspirations? That's a major part of your life.

You can never reach your peak potential without full commitment. Enjoy mediocrity.

Good movie OP.

never heard of any of those people.

this isn't about how you're poorly read

Whats the movie?

>theology
Brainlets pls go

its more of a time investment problem

Let me phrase it this way to you;

you just worked 8 hours, you're tired and you still have to do chores like laundry and cooking, entertain the spouse briefly (provided you're not a NEET loner) and prep for the day tomorrow.

Still think you'll have enough energy to be creative?

I sure as fuck can't. I make time for it, and I still do it but I know I can't throw myself into my work because I have to pay the bills. There's a reason some of the 'best' writers basically locked themselves in cabin for months while writing.

not if you're good

looks like wong kar-wai's lighting.

Cool thanks, any of his in particular I should check out?

Patrick Kavenagh was a farmer, he hated it and could only write in between being called out to work at night

Brian o'nolan"flann o Brien" had to write under a pen name because he was a civil servant his entire life

That's why I wake up 2.5 hours before I have to go to my job

not sure if it is. watching, ashes for time + the informal trilogy, will make you a better person though.

> study cell biology, top of my class
> internship in a laboratory
> moonlight in a small store, part-time
> live with gf and young dog we have to take care of
> spend most of my free time songwriting until I pass out

halp anons, it's sucking me bone dry, I'm not sure how long I can keep this up

All good in either case, will do

I work eighty hours a week for a couple months in order to save as much money as I can to take off work and focus on creative endeavors. Periods of intense work are absolutely draining but I've found my work is drained if I don't have my finances in order. The anxiety of poverty is more overbearing then working a shitty job.

When I have enough money, I deliver food on bike during lunch hours and work as a server for one night to extend the amount of time I can keep off.

Just drink booze and go into a open relationship.
It helped a lot of writers in 20th century get over their ruts.

>thought effort ie coding

Goethe had to sit around planning roads and shit, and he was the greatest author to ever live.

If you're not married just bartend a few nights a week and live frugally. That leaves you all day to write and unless you work in a popular college bar or something bartending ain't too bad.

Why would you not write full time?

>I have no time to be creative
>spends his time here

Just do it.

>not shitposting at work from your phone

Fuck being a wagecuck. I barely have time anymore to read or write. Oh, woe is me!

yup, kiss it all good by.
nah its all in your head , its your choice to be.

Kafka obviously

>tfw working a slow desk job with a lot of autonomy so I can sneak writing in between work