Never show up to my cal 3 classes

>never show up to my cal 3 classes
>study only one day before exams and still score ~80-90%

Rofl But I thought this was supposed to be the toughest course in all of undergrad math. Apparently u can ace the class by studying a day before. Why did you lie to me Veeky Forums?

>this was supposed to be the toughest course in all of undergrad math
Nah, that's probably complex analysis or second semester abstract algebra. It depends on what your uni's undergrad catalog is and where your strengths and weaknesses are.

That's great, user. But are you going to be able to use that calc knowledge you only review the day before the exams?

Complex Analysis can be extremely easy depending on your teacher?

i didnt go to a single calc 3 class and got an A. it was significantly easier than most of my other math classes. wait until you take real analysis shithead

sounds like you got lucky

What is taught in real and complex analysis classes? Like in cal 3 we basically try to represent rates of change in a graphical way, how would you define the analysis classes?

i didn't even go to the exams, I still got an A

I didn't even take Cal 3

I don't know how to add two numbers together

still got an A yo

Rofl cal 3 is literally baby's class. Enjoy failing DE

anything related to calculus or differential equations is easy class.

> calc 3 is the hardest undergrad math class

No one that's graduated from a decent university with a bachelors in math would say such a thing, and anyone with a graduate degree or in the process of obtaining one would laugh at that prospect.

Depending on your uni "Most difficult class" probably gets awarded to some senior year honors course in Analysis, Topology or Abstract algebra. Or some Probability 2 type course that goes into some Ergodic theory and Markov processes. Shit like that

>only scoring 80 to 90% on the final for the easiest of the 3 calc classes.
You should probably just quit now.

>missing out on the lectures

Why didn't you just CLEP it?

>never show up
Why? Are you that autist who sits alone?

calc 3 is easy compared to any upper division undergrad math class. I don't know what made you think calc 3 was a big deal. I'm almost inclined to think this is a bait thread

>why?
It's at 8 AM.

what's a good abstract algebra text for self-study?

Lol try this with real analysis. I did and got a D

I never showed up and got a 100% never even opened the book what a joke

Depends on your level of mathematical maturity. In order of increasing difficulty
-Hungerford
-Fraleigh
-Artin
-Dummit & Foote
-Lang

i'm working my way through Rudin's Real Analysis test right now, also in Calc 3. Fraleigh maybe?

it bothers me more than it should that some people call it "cal" instead of "calc"

>But I thought this was supposed to be the toughest course in all of undergrad math
after calc 2 it's pretty dependent on what kind of person you are

my friend got an A in graph theory, but he dropped discrete mathematics after like the 2nd day.

If you haven't done linear algebra, Fraleigh.

If you've done linear algebra, Artin or D&F.

But graph theory is discrete maths

Got it, thanks user

havent taken complex, real is building calculus from ground up using rigorous proofs, starting with the peano axioms

I know some schools use a "Discrete Maths" course as a way to introduce CS students to like proofs and basic logic and shit before they take any Theory courses.

There's usually some Graph Theory in those classes but not much.

>only studied the theorems and derivations
>never do a single exercise
>get 100% on quizzes, midterm A+, never knew the grade for my final because I had to score above a 70 something to keep an A

>about one year later

>tutoring high school kids
>currently going through dummit foote
>kid comes up to me asking me to graph the quartic equation
>panic
>Kline four group come to mind
>>The calculation for [math]-q[/math] is trivial
"well...."
>welp it's just calculus
"well you just take the first derivative set it equal to zero"
>kid says he's in Algebra 2
>panic even more
>kid in the room starts snickering
>trying not to shit
"you just plug in numbers, it took me ten minutes to say you plug in numbers"
>Kid looks at me like what the fuck

maths

>calc 3
>toughest course in undergrad math
Which freshman told you that? Depending on who you are, it might not even be the hardest in the calc sequence

Toughest course taught by the math department and required in an engineering degree in the US.

It is to calculus as calculus is to counting basically, same shit, more abstract. 'harder' if you struggle with abstraction, basically indistinguishable if abstraction comes naturally.

I honestly found calc 2 harder than calc 3. Calc 3 was just a rehash of calc 1 in 3D with a bit of series/Fourier thrown in.

Interesting how people differ. I'm in 3 right now, we just finished triple integrals. I thought that was harder than anything in Calc 2 because I couldn't visualize well enough. After it "clicks" though you just need to be thorough and careful with these puppies.

Are you at a community college? Calc 3 isn't even the hardest calculus class. Shitpost elsewhere

;_;

Quit being a pussy and learn to get up in the morning.

Complex is just drawing circles and doing Taylor series expansions you'll be fine skipping the lectures

>he's still studying for the classes and not for fucking being alive

Let's see you get an A in any sci career studying the last day

I think the learning curve is steeper in calc 2. Solving differential equations and sequences and series really fucked with my the first time around. Lots of new material to learn.

CAlc 3 is about applying it imo

Series just clicked with me immediately, but I can see how they might fuck with people. Same with diff eq.

What I really don't get is the guy above who said Calc 1 was harder than Calc 3.

Real, real analysis is abstract measure theory which is basically, how can you map sets to numbers?

>Calculus
>Cal-cu-lus
>Cal
idk, user, you tell me

>Facsimile
>Fac-sim-i-le
>Fax

>had to drop Calc 3 today

>Taking again along with PDE and Discrete next semester.

Am I done? Is there anyway to relearn calculus quickly?