What's Shakespeare's best play, outside of the High School Trilogy (Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, Macbeth)

What's Shakespeare's best play, outside of the High School Trilogy (Romeo and Juliet, Hamlet, Macbeth)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/KQQCALu
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First of all

Hamlet isn't as tied to high school as some of his other plays, IMO. A Midsummer's Nights Dream would be a better shout.

In any case: King Lear, although I prefer Othello. But even I must admit that BBC husbandos are only part of what makes a great work.

Coriolanus

titus andronicus - if ur an edgelord
the tempest - if ur a dork
merchant of venice - if ur a pretty bitch

Wrong fuckos, it's The Winter's Tale

Thanks for trying either way

winter's tale - if ur an isolated cryboy

Now see here

I love Titus Andronicus, fuck you. It's a hilarious play. Read it as a dark comedy. Also, Aaron is one of the best Shakespearean characters. I hate how he is constantly glanced over, or seen as a racist character.

Coriolanus is a solid pick as well.

Hamlet was the usual for my high school, but they opted for Macbeth in my year. I've never seen Midsummer's for High School curriculum, aside from Dead Poet's Society.

How good are Julius Caesar and The Tempest?
I'll read them for the first time in 1 day from now, the hype is real.

of course you love it. ur an edgelord

Faste & the Furiouse 6

Two of my favorites, along with Othello, king Lear and Antony & Cleopatra

The Tempest is magnificent and my absolute favorite Shakespeare. It threw into context for me all of his other plays that I've read, especially the comedies. I absolutely weep when I read it.

JC is a really boring let down in my opinion. A&C is better.

RIII is my favorite next to Hamlet.

Lear
Henry IV part one
Twelfth Night

Twelfth Night is a good pick

Harold Bloom likes to claim that As You Like It is Shakespeare's most entertaining play. Bloom is objectively wrong. Twelfth Night is the correct answer.

Coriolanus

Patrician Taste: The Tempest

Obviously anything with falstaf, tempest is trash caliban doesn't know if he is evil or funny

If Mercutio and Jacques had a son: Richard ll. This, and the three that follow.

I didn't really like The Tempest when I first read it, should I try again? I do like Shakespeare, it's possible I was just kinda distracted when I first read it years ago

of course
its really weird considering what his other more well-known plays are. its worth noting it often isnt categorized in any of the major three genre

No its pretty mediocre

I've only read like ten, but Tymon of Athens and King Lear were my favourites so far. I started with the Greeks so it's nice to see Plutarch's influence in his writings.

Now what are his worst? Haven't read him, but i want to know what to avoid

Two gentlemen of Verona

As You Like It is more enjoyable than Twelfth Night. I would rate Comedy of Errors higher than both.

Also, for the real Shakespeare lover: imgur.com/KQQCALu

Titus Andronicus - edgelordy
Merry Wives of Windsor - rushed
Timon of Athens, The Two Noble Kinsmen, Pericles - only partly written by Shakespeare