How much sleep did you get while completing your Veeky Forums degree?

varied significantly

what was the nightly amount during your hardest quarters i guess

*or semesters

It varied. Generally of the mindset get everything done as quick as possible. So I would often pick 2 nights a week to get no more than 2 hours of sleep, and do all my homework then. Then sleep regularly the rest of the week.

Senior CS major here. I do homework literally every night, I work hard so i can get 6-7 hours of sleep a night.

If I miss a day of sleep, i just operate on autopilot and can't do anything that requires much thinking.

8-7 hours, i wake up at 5 am, study for 2 hours in morning and 3 hours after school

10 hours throughout week 12-14 on weekends / night, standard for me but the constant accumulation of sleep debt throughout the week for years on end was honestly pretty shit

Depends. Right now I work the occasional 12 to 12 on a school day so sometimes I get no sleep. All my classes are after 2pm so I always sleep until I wake up. I naturally sleep like, 11-13 hours.

Senior math/premed taking 6 credit hours rn.

plenty

oh shit dude, you sleep until you wake up?! how profound

>Me, being insomniac
reading people that can sleep for a lot of time like 6+ hours really make me sad

From 03:00 until 13:00 usually, unless there was something in the morning I absolutely couldn't miss

same

Which means he doesn't use an alarm clock, you doof.

kekekekek

This semester i don't sleep on sunday and Tuesday nights

I got my bachelors in math and phys and managed to only pull 1 (one) all-nighter.
I've had a shit sleep schedule since i was a child tho, so I only got like 4-6 hours of sleep a night regardless of when i go to bed.

Definitely not enough

>6 hours
>A lot
Lmao not enough desu.
I can sleep up to 14 hours if I'm sufficiently tired.

Studied geology. AKA as much sleep as I want

if you don't have a job and school is your only real commitment then getting proper sleep isn't really that hard so long as you aren't binging on coffee or stimulants

Studying geophysics, aka sleep varies alot

I literally have to study all night so I can get 6-7 hours of sleep. I suck when im tired.. If i sleep for say 4-6 hours im productively dead after three days.

To make up for the fact that school and work take up so much time, combined with studying and free-time, I sleep during the long travel to school and between classes on tuesday and thursday, on MFW I sleep after getting home for around 6-8 hrs.

Any go-to tips for sleeping between classes? I suck at sleeping without some kind of head support, so usually I use my arm to prop my head up when I need to sleep between classes (commuter desu), but of course that leads to arm-numb after a long time and also falling over like a jackass on rare occasion.

I wear a rather thick hoodie for warmth that feels like a cover. Arm position should be in such a way that your not leaning too hard on your elbow or near it. Although honestly I can sleep wherever really with comfort and without moving much, so we might be different.

The only thing I struggle with is one of my legs going numb.

Fuck would it be weird to bring a pillow? I feel like enough people understand the struggle that it wouldn't be too awkward, but I've never seen it done, except when people will do all nighters at the 24/7 library on campus.

Can you sleep in at the library at your school? If so I don't think packing a pillow would be too weird, since people do tend to nap there. I would probably bring a small pillow, but that's it, nothing too big.

Yeah, I was thinking more of a throw-cushion type thing for my arm, or if I manage to nab a small table and the library isn't crowded to rest on folded arms. I don't know if it's allowed, but because the library is always open and its usually students on night shift w/workstudy, nobody gives a shit.

We do have a room reservation system, for which you can reserve a space for up to 3 non consecutive 1.5 hour period in a day, up to 2 weeks in advance. Considering this, all you need is a couple of friends and the ability to strike right at midnight 2 weeks in advance, and you can reserve a room for a whole day for you and your group, for whatever purpose you need.

Around 8 hours per day. Without sleep I cant think, which holds for the vast majority of people.

>being a sleeplet

Ahaahaha its like you dint even want your brain to properly function ahaha

I just fucking wish schools would offer dedicated sleeping pods or w/e.
But that'll probably never happen because of our prude christian aids roots.
>imagine students using those pods to have SEX or MASTERUBATE

Enough. I usually kept it to 12-14 credits so I wasn't over worked. Paired with having plenty of days off outside of maybe a lab I had lots of time to sleep or go on hikes and stuff. Granted it took me 6 years but it was worth it.

how did you stay awake the days following sleeping 2 hours? I sometimes only get 4 hours and often drift off during class so I'm half asleep not taking in anything

I find it nearly impossible to study/do homework for more than 3-4 hours in my Veeky Forums major. I'm impressed that so many posters here are losing sleep over their majors. Me, on the other hand, it's as if I have something physically wrong with my brain. I can't get myself to continue on past this threshold and if I attempt to continue, I notice that for the next few days I avoid studying the subject because of the associated stress, not to mention the quality of my work suffers greatly if I go beyond this. Perhaps I just need to an hero out of Veeky Forums.

8 hours

pseud detected
no pain no gain
I'm just like you but sometimes I do actually grind proper and it's so satisfying
You should try it