ITT recommend contemporary British literature that is good

ITT recommend contemporary British literature that is good.

novels, short stories, poems .....anything

Harry Potter

get fucked

Gormenghast
Parade's End
Everything by Waugh

They're all dead

Well done user, nice selection of contemporary fiction, you even managed to get someone born in the 19th century in there, great job

>contemporary British literature
>good

Murasaki Shikibu
Omar Khayyam
Luís de Camões

Don't know why these guys never make the Booker shortlist

Zia Haider Rahman - In The Light Of What We Know
Graeme Macrae Burnet - His Bloody Project

It depresses me all of those will be forgotten by the public but JK Rowling will be remembered for centuries to come.

Gormenghast is a wild card though, depends largely on how much Hollywood or someone tries to make it into a Harry Potter or GOT type commercial franchise.

B.S. Johnson
Christine Brooke-Rose
Ann Quin
John Hawkes
Not really contemporary but all absolute madcunts.

The absolute state of contemporary British literature

Kazuo Ishiguro. He's very good.

British Literature hasn't been good since the Victorian Era

Is there a correlation between the impoverishment of British writing and the rise of literature studies in academic institutions?

Picked up Umbrella from the library a few days ago because I haven't read anything contemporary in ages.

Is he alright?

Umbrella is fantastic. High modernism at its best.

Initially he couldn't get anyone in the uk UK to publish remainder.....so a small French publisher put out a limited number of copies.

That's what's wrong with contemporary British writing......publishers

British Literature hasn't been good since the Vi...... oh shit.

Same guy who recommended Waugh, Peake and Ford here. I highly recommend reading E.M Forster's The Machine Stops.

this and C are both great, Satin Island was disappointing. anyone read Men In Space?

I read a book titled "Playthings" by Alex Pheby, published by Galley Beggar Press that was quite good. Small presses might have something that will suprise you.

if we're talking small presses, Charles Lambert's A Zero At Its Heart should really have got more attention.

Angela Carter is obligatory even just for The Bloody Chamber, but also the Infernal Desire Machines of Dr. Hoffman is very good.