Are there any foods that taste better burnt/overcooked?

Are there any foods that taste better burnt/overcooked?

Hair

Hotdogs

Marshmallows

Stewing meat is essentially overcooking meat until the protein structures get so tight from being overcooked that they snap, allowing foreign fluid to hydrate the decimated tissues.

Anything you put on the grill tastes better when slightly charred, rather than just cooked

salty milk and coins

Bratwurst

Lasagna with some burnt mozzarella on the top.

coffee tastes best as a heavily diluted (with water, not sugar) dark roast which is just burnt beans

Bacon

You people deserve to hang

steak

>Not catching your marshmallow on fire over a camp site grill pit.

You disgust me.

I like my burgers just barely crispy around the edges.. but, burnt red meat gives you cancer, so das bad

bacon
chicken parmesan
brisket is supposed to have a burnt outer layer, known as "bark"
pork tenderloin should also have some bark if on the grill

always nice to see some like-minded anons around.

Have some patience you fat fuck

yes, I want my Bratwurst dark brown with no white spots left, fuck that shit

do americans really eat this?

Yes. I'm certain other countries do too.

brussel sprouts

Don't tell me what to do you skinny bitch.

Do onions count?
Char the outside and the inside turns delicious. Actually a lot of veggies do this, bell pepper are a second favorite.

Potatoes
Hot dogs and brats
Pizza crust
Bacon
Bologna

Onions and peppers.

You know it fampai. The charring brings out the subtle sweetness

You forgot gristle and poultry skin fampai

Is that satay?

Kill yourself you uneducated mong

Dad?

Burnt cheese tastes awesome

You need to step up your 18th century cooking game son.

Where's the black pudding, haggis, and taddy scone?

yeah, from cookinginrussia

This thread and board in general is chill af.

>white spots
user, I...

chicken tenders or fries never hurt from that extra crunch

Pequod's or Burt's

burnt ends. i mean its in the name

Hell ye boi. Idk why it's so satisfying that way. Gets the outside really light and crispy and then the inside is all warm and gooey. Sometimes when I catch mine on fire I'll fling them in the air and watch the little fireballs fly through the sky.

Fucking Kansas City faggots.

I don't like the hot dogs done like that but I love when my onions and corn on the cob have a slight char from grilling. I think pretty much and starchy vegetable is good that way.

You right

That tuft on the ass of the chicken is perfect for deep frying and crisping.

thats some slave food

But it's so good.

On a turkey, that's called "le pope's nose." Pure fat and skin, fucking heavenly.

Can thanksgiving get here faster?

>bark
>bark
Barque?

English muffins

Meatballs

notice how it's damn near black on the outside? bark.

STOP WISHING SUMMER AWAY YOU FAG

He's referring to bangs root beer

Okay I was going to post this knowing Veeky Forums would hate it. Unironically, overcooked steak diced with pan fried potatoes and pepper cream gravy is one of my favorite meals of all time. It's a matter of context though. That chew paired with crunchy/soft potatoes and sweet spicy gravy.

Sugar/Caramel

You just gave me a meat chub fampai
Fuck you, i like it fucking cold!

Pizza crusts.

Serve it over toast and you'd have a meal fit for a hungry G.I.

Scrambled eggs

>catching it on fire like some kind of brain-dead savage who just learned about the concepf of cooking
>not toasting them to a perfect nutty brown

>Not liking the smokey crisp charred outside and melted interior

So do you not have proper tastebuds?

Chicago rare steaks are alright but they're only burnt on the outside and definitely not overcooked.

Spam.

I see why Zimmern hates Spam and i don't blame him.

Steak.

sometimes i do like really tough and dry steak.

it's like eating jerky.

American BBQ is all about dumping corn syrup sauce over meat and then burning it. Americans are PIG DISGUSTING.

In the fucking trash.

This. I like when I make a grilled cheese and some of the cheese leaks out the sides, and gets burned from being on the pan. Or when you bake mac and cheese and the edge gets dark and crispy.

I've worked in the kitchen of a smokehouse restaurant... it's barque.

Underrated

Rice

is
>do americans really eat this
a meme now?
im seeing it on every single thread even when its not merely related to anything american

Filthy English pissant

The world is just mad that they don't have patrician cuisine such as soul food, Creole, Low Country, ect. Plus they're pissed Trump is telling every hater to go fuck themselves.

Nigga where you from then?

>Forgetting Carolina, Memphis, and the Texas master style ruin good 'cue with sauce slathered on the meat
Clearly he's a Kansas City faggot.

MARSHMALLOWS

IF IT AIN'T ON FIRE
YOU AIN'T SHIT

Fuck that looks good.

Spam, sausage, hot dogs, mediocre burgers, and more taste better burnt.

>forgetting Texmex

Tex-Mex has a bad reputation and has been bastardized too much.

Bacon is best just below medium and just above medium rare

Spam, Hotdogs

All those processed meat shit

I do not understand people eating them just as it's turned white. it doesn't taste any good at all and it's still somewhat slimy

This is unironically the best answer. That trash has got to be molten before I'm ready to let it near my mouth.

Neat

That sounds pretty gross

Cream?

fries. Seasoned fired burnt is great

Miso paste is awesome when burnt to fuck.
1/4 cup of miso paste, burn it in a pan at max heat until fully black, then add a clove of garlic, 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup soy sauce, a cup of rice wine vinager, put that shit in a food processor and slowly add 1 1/2 canola oil mixed with 1/2 cup of sesame oil. Boom burnt miso vinagrette

No, because food is best served when it tastes best.

Whenever I've gotten fried eggs that were browned around the edges it's always been tough and chewy, and kind of sticky. I don't like that texture. Might be different if you cook it at a higher heat to purposely get that texture instead of accidentally overcooking them though.