If you had to learn only one other language besides English...

If you had to learn only one other language besides English, which one would allow you to read the most Enlightening books?

Ancient Chinese

euskera

>french

but only cause I already know German

Is modern Greek actually useful?

Only for learning older greek
Also i guess it can go on resumes unlike ancient greek but greece aint too swell place to work

ancient Greek, duh

unless you mean 'Enlightenment' in the sense of the historical Enlightenment, in which case French and English will have you covered.

German

ENG, FRA, GER - the big three

Russian, spanish, chinese for the lulz

Japanese for some serious weeaboo shit

This

Oswald Sprengler, Goebbels, Rommel.

Kafka, Schiller, Goethe, Schopenhauer, Kant, Nietzsche, etc.

Roger Willemsen, ...

German or Russian

2nd tier: Spanish, Italian or maybe even Japanese.

Modern Greek wouldn't really help with Ancient Greek. Start with Attic Greek as it would help you move between Homeric and Koine with ease, where as learning any of the others would impede your progress in the opposite direction.

Remember, Modern Greek came after a reform that moved through Demotic, rejecting Katharevousic Greek.

Finnish

Likewise, German for me because I already speak French. Though French is a great language to know, I'd say German is more useful for Veeky Forums purposes, at least for philosophy surely

Probably Chinese because most indo-European languages can be decently translated into English while retaining a great deal of their meaning. Chinese loses everything when translated, and it would it be more useful than any other non-indo-european language.

1/ read the Tao Te Ching
2/ compare all available translation
3/ ????
4/ profit

plebs

Probably both modern Russian and Imperial Russian.
For kicks I'd even learn Church Slavonic

no, I AM DR X
chinese or portuguese

this
for great justice

fuck you pleb
also, you're gay as fuck

no, fuck YOU fake ass bitch
Veeky Forums pass or we have another fella copying my name?

are you female?

who the fuck are you

pretty sure you're a fucking faggot desu

I'm Vagina Wolf
fuck you

this or russian

french

I speak English and Hebrew and have dedicated a lot of time to Biblical Hebrew

I like the sound of French and would enjoy learning French literature. I also live near Quebec (im from Boston) so I would like to go there and speak their language

I can't really speak to much but it's amazing reading non-fiction about topics you're into that are in foreign languages. You'll learn things you never knew and sometimes find books that are better than anything in English.

For general breadth French or German would be my go-tos. French has the bonus of being absurdly easy for an english speaker. If you just want to learn to read French you would be pretty good at basic stuff in a matter of weeks.

german probs
i took french in high school for a number of reasons and now that i'm not 14 and don't care about existentialism i wish i had taken german

I want to learn French but I can't muster up the energy to begin. I know some words and simple sentences, but I am just a lazy cunt.

German. Doing philosophy in any other language is like doing astronomy with a kaleidoscope.

Depechez-vous! Apprenez le francais!

>Native speaker of English and Spanish
>Been slowly teaching myself German for the past year
>Also want to learn Russian and French but feel that all these languages would become too much to handle

How do I do it brahs?

Heian period Japanese.

Sanskrit, easily.

>straight lines

Japanese so I can read Light Novels.

Wut