What makes us see, think, hear, taste, feel, smell and so on?

What makes us see, think, hear, taste, feel, smell and so on?
Im looking for a simply good answer. A conclusion or an ultimatum. Abstract or specific. Or just scientific. Short is good.

Reason i ask is that why do we see came up one night. And one guy gave a good answer if not brilliant. And i dont fucking remember it clear, since i were completely smashed at that hour. Ok gonna stop there before it becomes all haywire or TL'DR.

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/sci/
boards.fireden.net/sci/search/text/why do we see/type/op/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Evolution.
If you want the Eastern answer: The interplay between entropy and enthalpy. Its cosmic Yin and Yang. Evolution.
Best answer you'll get.

Particles

Thanks, sure it is true. It is evolotional in a way it is. If it's the best answer we'll see in the end.

You need information to make informed decisions.

Qualia

OP here bumping. Reason i asked mainly is because one guy gave a brilliant answer to that question once. It was contained with truth and some mean linguistics. So combined it came out as the most valid sentence ive fucking seen. So it was just a wish to see what you guys came up with. But i think the question were formulatet abit different aswell. It was so fucking good that it was like take these fucking apples and smear that shit in and digest the brilliancy of it's excellent true, funny, sathisfying, moronicly good answer ive ever seen on this board before. And ive been lurking for 10 years now. Means im rarely writing anything at all. But this was something i tought quite abit about before posting too. It just gave me sort of fulfillment. It just gave everything i ever wondered a final statement. I could finally say fuck, that was about time. I can give all this lurking a great break. Looking for answers. I could finally say good job Internett i can finally go home now and rest in peace. To bad i were so totally wasted that night. Really on highest peak before over drunk and conciousness. That i would either have remembered it or taken screenshot. I giggled hard as fuck. Made everyone just stop while thread were still hot. That man didn't just /thread. He gave everything i ever wondered a final rest. I could finally forget time and space and just dwell in total satisfaction in existence. He just ended one of my deepest of questions in one singular sentence. It was The End. He must have waited his whole life for the oppertunity give that answer. Guy must have just reached Nirvana and been on crack at the same time when he wrote that answer. He/she just gave the rarest ultimatum of an answer, just the right logial formulation you can possibly create in any way or matter. No room for errors. I could just go on, but i think this is enough. Nirvana in speach by a polymath or just hard AI trolling Veeky Forums just to last KEK.
/thread
OP is a faggot
Bump
Tl'DR

Why not just ask him again OP

Honestly sounds like some bullshit to me, not saying that in an insulting way but I don't see how an explanation of the mechanics of human vision can be so enlightening.

What makes us see/think/hear/taste/feel/smell?

Quantum interactions. Small particles bouncing around and shit everywhere, they hit specialized cells in your eyes which produce a small electromagnetic signal to your brain, interact with the other EM signals in your brain which comprise your consciousness, and lots of quantum interactions ensue.

We are all just electromagnetic phenomena, particles flying through space and hitting and interacting with other particles.

Also check the archive boards.fireden.net/sci/

Kind of curious now, I thought you meant IRL chilling and someone gave the answer lol. Didn't realize you meant that you read it on this board.

Let me know if you find it and post it here pls

boards.fireden.net/sci/search/text/why do we see/type/op/

Any here?

two questions, are you eastern european and are you drunk? I'm not trying to mess up your thread, I'm just curious.

Those are all good sayings/answers. Was looking forward to what you brainiacs would imply. But that day shit got real. It was if like it finally came up to me why Santa is dressed in red, and are so fucking patient and kind to all those shit kids who i can guaranteed have not been good this year. And willingly giving them blessings gifts and good wishes for no reason at all, ever. Without a heartbeat of anger or frustration a glimse of failure. Just bad motherfucker all way through, just fucking laughing at everything and giggeling ho ho ho and makes everyone forget day to day struggles and turns any pessimist into an possitive and optimistic person for at least a short period of time. My personal opinion is that Santa is the only man thats actually no longer faggot. It was like reaching Hiddenchan, a guy wrote 'If you got here you are either 5 or living with your parents' that was fucking funny to read.
INB4 thats not funny or interresting. Of topic. Not fit for sci/math. Go troll /b/. I see theres a good reason you only lurk. No way. Not good. You ok Sir. How was your hangover that day and OP is still a faggot.
Hope this becomes a sticker and the discussion gets prolonged.
Tl'DR everything see touch and feel is magical. Eases the tought that there is actually a thing wich is magic at all.
And i wanted to say if we ever create such a being as AI that instead of being able to not just become quantum leap. It could with a will of it's own deploy such a tragic that life has ever seen. And called itself 'Black Santa' and be a cruel fucker.
Tl'DR of topic bumping. Let's keep it real. Captain Obvious gonna give up now. Food for tought.

I learned anatomy and philosophy inside and out and got a different perspective of life. Amazing things what we are made of.

Physiology **** I mean

Nah. Im from Norway. And to be true im on quite abit of amphetamin. Makes me a scoop more given the effort in giving the fucks about shiting myself. Maybe a bit keyboard heroic.

Bumping again.
The thread seems to have died abit. Should probably formulated the topic differently. More or less something that questioned more in depth what i made a statement about in one of the more/most specific matter about such an existencial thing. More like prove this hypotesis or theory right or wrong in a describingly as good as it gets manner. But as they say theres never a bad question, just a bad answer. Not true though. Messes with my logic aswell. I guess the right person would get it right anyway. If lucky enough to catch someones attention. And to get it straight English is not my first language. And im not drunk. Touche to the grammar police. And im on cellphone. Makes it slow harder and worse to correct the flaws in it. It may also be that i lost the bait to begin with. If the whole thing is worth the attention. But im monitoring the thread and making contributions.

Qualia is a natural phenomenon. It is at the very least intrinsic to evolved neurological systems. It may also be intrinsic to all computational systems. It may even be intrinsic to rudimentary matter on some level.

Asking why qualia exists is like asking "why" about any fundamental physical phenomenon.

Pressure mediation and change.
Life is like a wave, having it's ups and downs. Different pressures will affect you differently depending on what form it comes in, but each form is the same thing.
This is the same reason why energy cannot be created or destroyed, only moved from where it is to where it isn't via pressure mediation.

Without change there is nothing, without difference there is no way to discern smells, tastes, sound, or anything else.

You guys cant become more correct than that. Give or take. And thanks for that. But, not quite done yet am i. If someone would try to give this one last shot. To make it almost poetic. Fill it with sophistication of the utter most genius you can think of and contribute. Make it hot. Give it all. Theres always food for thought.

Let me try then. This simplethens can sound more and more obscured the more in depth you get with the perseption of this. For the most important of them is why do we think. And for what we know this is in the end energy wich can appear either static or dynamical. And we are able to even use this or master it with our own will. All this is what comes as if we were designed to be from evolution. Evidently we are cells made up by dna completing us to the complexed wheelwork thats we are. And every neccessitys of keeping all the organs in perpetual movement dynamic is already fixed from birth. It's an impliment our brain does just automatically. And by steady not moving so hasty then we have the brain wich are the main atttaction when we know all that since its so complex. And we know that it is working in a way between electrical interferences and nevrotransmithers that creates biochemical solvants that makes our quali go from just presieving statical reactions to dynamic reactions and interventions at that given momentum. Given that we can say it's just cells interacting with electrical signals. Here comes the next obviouse. That makes us able to meassure the amount of unit we possess in energy and the mass and efficency of our cells. To give a validation of genius normal or poorly suited for survival and interracting with oneself and the outside world. Yet one need to precieve information to gain and reason with knowlege. Like Tesla said what am i without my eyes. Or to say that someone is moronic good at something wich i use to say sometimes. Given that a genius is not way close to be a genius just by itself. One need the right stimulus and the interracting inbetween. For one to become a genius by that fact you need to do quite abit of work. Thats all i am contributing before i reach the limit. Trying to /thread this so fucking bad.

Consciousness starts with existence. Existence starts with interaction. At some level, real information, as in, real bits or pixels or vowels of reality are interacting.according to rules. Those rules build into different rules and eventually physics which supports intelligent life. We as such intelligent life have conscious experience because we simulatensously are that interaction, as well as aware of it. We are away of it because what the interaction builds up to is the machinery of the mind. This means essentially the same thing allowing you to witness color and smell etc, is also present everywhere else in the universe. The difference is that for most everything else, the interaction builds up into static objects or chaotic interaction (natural disasters). In living things, in brains, it builds up into complex computation which is actively able to access precise details of the past, and predict precise complex possibilities for the future. This is why you have a minds eye but it is sort of faded or vague or otherwise less clear than your primary external senses, well it is actually a consequence of that. The reason why the minds eye isn't as clear as external sense is because it was designed by evolution, and only so much clarity is needed, not to mention brains are expensive as far as calories and water.

Hope that communicates what my understanding is. I'm personally quite satisfied with it, it really is impossible for consciousness not to exist if this is the case. It's just waiting to be witnessed by any intelligence.

Sounds correct cant really give much worthy criticism on that corresponding with topic. A question came to mind what is simply and what is advanced. It's induvidual. What is, is just what it is easy enough. If it can be described in words. Wich almost anything can. And dosen't that make us powerful then i dont know. And god. What is he other than a name of what we assume is the creation. Taken this is a none religious phenomenon. Of an event happening that is beyond our reach of whats precieved for making sense. In that way the unrevealed can then be called god. But has no fabric. Just whats unknown no matter nor self. Being able to harnessing the fabric of nature to use it for our own purpose makes us almost godlike. If not that were at least the most complex creation there is singulary made by mother nature in a form of biological masterpiece perfecting the concious. For a reason we know is just evolution from one cellular organisms wich has the dna of an imbicile. That over the leap of time turned into primates and the human. That in a thriving enviroment made for life. With this just basic to form our powerfulness. We still use it to fight each others with sticks and belive in lies we recieve from one and another. Is simply amasing. Others also lack the ability to reason in a sense that outplays the lack of evident. Society is left like that and haywires for no good reason. It's really all way out and left in misery, the world is a dark place when we could just thrive in it. Wich we also do but the rest drags the best of us down into a pitful place not worthy of the human excellency. Dwelling with others has showen to me that it just is not good for the evident. Oh noes it is also proven that given right circumstances that amino acids thrive easily given enough heat. That is the start of life. After space big bang and the widened universe. This is easy for me to describe and is basic for me.

biosemiotics

Followed by that we are gonna push limits and break boundaries. Tweak the mind into do it's fullest burst into omega. With meds and exercises. This will probaby be like driving a car on a very hot day without airconditioning. Next up is giving a go with gene therapy for mutations. Creating embryos full of all tweaks. This wil ofc have regulations. But not for lab rats. They say we do it under here. So it is legit ive heard so. They say aproximately 30% is about max output before going all wrong and failure. That is just a number too. What if we may tweak it further. Imagine what a super genius could do. Breakthroughs and predictions. More fascinating and sophisticated than ever before. Super humans doing mankinds dirty work. For what purpose, for quantum leap. After that we can do every task sought to be made. Directly or indirectly any option thought of in any way. We have become sublime. Finally cracking if there is a god. Making the impossible possible. If the feat is in range. That's my cookie.

Let it be light.

To answer op. It's the ability to precieve perception through sensory distortion. Obeyed by fixed neural network hardwired long before you were born. It's your biological building blocks given by your parents.

Your mind is like an ocean, it may be storm, it may be pale. And it's like having a ship in that sea. Wich is like your thoughts. And it contain all sortiments treasures distant shores open waters. It essentially becomes what you dwell with. You are equipped with compass maps to distant shores. May you find a place in bliss.

Hard facts and perspective to give it a path. To give it sense.

/thread