Tfw rustic

>tfw rustic

Oh dear, it looks like the dog is sick again :(

do you americans think chilli taste better the closer it resembles shit or something?

For chilidogs? Absoloutely. I consider myself a chili snob. I go to great lengths to make my chili as good as possible. I have won many chili cook-offs over the years. But chili dogs? They need cheap shit chili. Crap from a can. Actually good chili has no place on a chili dog--it really needs to be the crappy kind.

>chilidogs
Americans really eat this shit?

no i seen it on burgers too, its not just dogs

>A chilidog is a mystery to people

Jesus Christ you NEETs go the fuck outside once in a while. Don't feed the europosters.

What is it with you Americans and doing fucking ridiculous shit with bread? P&J, tuna&mayo, chili diarrhea, etc... DISGUSTING

The only thing wrong with that chili is there is not enough meat ratio. Should have twice as much. The color of the chili is also why you're crying. Mine would be a lot redder, but that's how some places are.

When your bread is as shitty as ours is you need to get creative to make it palatable.

How do you even reach that consistency of chili? add water?

Yeah but they usually look a little more something like this, but with more cheese and maybe some chopped onions

Use really shitty meat, i.e. pink slime, rather than larger pieces of meat. You could also get the same effect by cooking for a fucklong time so the meat literally disintegrates.

In the early part of the 20th Century, before burgers, pizza and American Chinese food swept across the country there was a craze for both Chili restaurants and hot dog joints. The chili dog was what happened when these two crazed got combined. It was very popular in Michigan and the surrounding areas in the 1920's-30's, and called a Coney or Coney Dog (after Coney Island, where two of the most famous hot dog joints, Nathan's and Feltman's were located). Such places were popular through the 50's, before fast food chains arrived on the scene. Some of them are still in business. Had one on a road trip from a place that had been in business since the mid-1920's. Definitely trashy food from another time, but delicious.

>American history is literally based around fast food
You can't make this shit up

There is a legit history behind American fast food. Cheap places to grab a bite have been around in America for a while, and what they serve has definitely changed over the years. Hell, Manhattan didn't get a McDonald's until 1972, a year after falafel arrived there, 57 years after pizza did, and a century after beef brisket pastrami became a thing. A lot of foods we take for granted today were only popularized in the last century.

First of all, P&J is amazing. Second of all, replace the word Americans with house wives and you got your awnser.

"CHILI DOGS" or the "coney" is not simply chili thrown on a hot dog

It is a chili sauce, not the same kind of chili that is more like a stew, it's a sauce

Similar the the Greek-American chili sauce developed in Ohio and served over pasta.

haha ebin
upvoted

That's still impressive, I've made chili from walmart "medium ground beef" in a plastic tube that came out looking like chili and not the colostomy bag of a dying cancer patient

Those plastic ground beef tubes aren't as bad as i thought they would be. I still find myself wondering how much of it is pink slime, but it still ends up edible and it's never gotten me sick.

You what this chili dog really needs? 6 minuscule flakes of cheese. That'll really set it off!

Earlier I was in the grocery store (Ingles) and I was walking thru the prepared foods section on the way to check out. I saw a box, and in this box there were 2 large hotdogs covered by a half gallon of diarrhoea looking chili with about 3 oz. of shredded cheese stop each one. I laughed audibly.

It decorates the hot dog, but doesn't interfere with the flavor.

To be fair they did pretty gud considering literally every other country in the world has that shit except maybe idk North Korea.

>tuna&mayo

What's wrong with that? Provided it's that tuna "salad" shit which is like 60% mayo 20% tuna and 20% vegetables. But a tuna sandwich with some mayo is pretty good imo.

What's the consistency like?

Japanese curry?

I guess you're right, no responsible chef would dream of interfering with the flavor of a hot dog.

OBSESSED

also

OI MUM LETS HAVE SOME SPOTTED DICK, PERHAPS SOME BANGERS AND MASH INVITE THE BROWN PEOPLE OVER OH WAIT THEY LIVE IN MY HOUSE

we just do with bread what you do with pastry, i believe our bread is softer than your bread though

Red Lentil Chili & Cheddarwurst

POO IN THE LOO

looks like someone shit on you're dogs again op.

>dumb yuropoor whos fine dining includes cock and balls and semen drinks questions low brow food of the us
what in the fuck did this subspecies neanderthal mean by this?