Why is Venus much hotter than Mercury even though Mercury is closest to the Sun?

Why is Venus much hotter than Mercury even though Mercury is closest to the Sun?
Could it be that Venus's thick C02 atmosphere retains heat?
Kind of like C02 produced from burning oil retains heat here on Earth?

Volcanoes.

wrong board faggot

I'm talking about global warming you thick cunt

Volcanoes that spew greenhouse gasses and thicken the atmosphere

>thick cunt
God that made me hard for some reason

Lot's of reasons, main reason is to do with the 96% CO2 atmosphere of Venus. For comparison Earth has 0.04% CO2, I don't think we need to worry too much about global (((warming))) anytime soon.

If you really think co2 is a problem then you need to stop breathing right now you brain dead cuck. Then think of all the trees and plants you'll be robbing of food.

Fucking dumb shit shill. CIA called, said your pension will be doa.

96.5% CO2 atmosphere on Venus
0.04% on Earth
I think we'll be ok

Never did I say that C02 is bad because trees need it to survive. Higher levels of C02 would warm the planet up.

Anybody got pics of thick cunts?
Anyone?
Anyone?

If Yellowstone erupted, how much particulate and gas would be released into the atmosphere?

Are venetians degenerate? Red pill me on the politics of our sister-world.

Well enough C02 is being released into the air to raise the earth's temperature a few degrees within the century. Now why is this bad?
The huge ice shelves in Antarctica/Greenland/Arctic region are going to melt. Water levels will rise ~6 meters. Say goodbye to any city on the coast. This is just the beginning. Trillions of tonnes of methane gas are trapped in Siberian tundra. Methane traps heat much much better than C02. We could expect an average rise in temperature of ~10 degrees celsius if that were to happen (it will). The oceans will begin to heat past the point where most species can survive. There will be mass extinctions in the ocean like there has been multiple times in the past. The ocean will also increase in acidity as C02 bonds in the water and raises PH levels, threatening to kill the largest producer of oxygen in the world. If phytoplankton die, oxygen levels will reach that of the top of mt everest and we will all die from hypoxia.

Enough to cool the planet down for a few years.

Never trust the spaghetti merchants

>Are venetians degenerate?
yes
>Are Venusians?
who knows

>C02

It's CO2 you utter retard.

venus doesnt exist retard NASA shill

jews

Damn i guess you are right and I'm wrong. I guess that makes the rest of my post worthless too.

The atmosphere on Mercury doesn't keep the heat it.

people who belives in space

>96.5% carbon dioxyde for 462 degrees Celsius
>Implying only 0.043+0.050% yearly can reach even a tenth of the surface temperature of Venus
Rlly maeks me tink

venus is tidally locked to the sun. one side of it is constantly facing the sun and does not have what we would call on earth "nighttime". that side of venus is crazy hot on the side that is locked on the sun.

the other side is freezing cold.

It proves you know nothing about chemistry.

It also kinda proves you're underage because normal people learn this when they are around 15 years old (13 here in the Netherlands)

I was comparing how venus uses greenhouse gases to keep itself extremely hot. Kind of like how we are warming the planet up by burning CO2

All things being equal?

put co2 on mars
it'll become comfy

Larger, stronger magnetosphere, thicker atmosphere (especially with gases that retain heat).

Its called the greenhouse effect

>closer to the sun. 2600 watts per square meter versus 1300 of earth.
>crust is much thinner. which leads to rampant and constant volcanic eruptions. which keep the atmosphere thick. to where it is like being under 3000 feet of water. it is also 96.5% CO2.
>no magnetosphere. which means no water as solar radiation breaks the hydrogen bonds and blows the hydrogen out into space. no water means no life that could fix the co2 into a liquid or solid organic compound and release free oxygen. no oceans and ocean currents to move heat around. no atmospheric water to influence weather that moves heat and turns heat into kinetic energy.
>slow rotation. any spot on venus has more time facing the sun, and more time facing away.
>almost no axial tilt. no seasons. solar exposure remains basically constant regardless of revolution around sun.combined with slow rotation and weather that would move heat around is greatly different compared to earth.

venus only has a weak and small induced magnetosphere from the solar winds hitting the ionosphere.

We should intentionally trigger an eruption to beat global warming

>what is is volcanic cooling effect
/pol/itards can't into 1816

>Are venetians degenerate?
...they are degenerate AF, pic related.

Why are you shitting up a good thread by whining about /pol/?

no because proven scientific fact don't real if it doesn't go along with my political views

edit: fucking liberal snowflakes lmao, they deny the validity of eugenics and skull measuring because of their feelings! triggered by facts much!!

Why haven't you been perma banned yet? You spam /tv/ too and turn every thread into political shit fest. Why are the mods tolerating this troll that is hurting the quality of this board?

I don't post a lot on /tv/ and only shitpost on Veeky Forums when it's political threads or thinly political threads

probably a lot of posters posting the same shit desu

thinly veiled*

Liar, you spams /tv/ and its fucking turning every thread into political shit flinging contests. I know you are the one because your tone and posting style are identical. This thread wasn't even political, it was venus and earth and greenhouse gasses but somehow Trump and /pol/ are involved. Stop fucking shitting up threads, stop trolling, fucking mods need to do their job ban and you or give us IDs so we can filter your trolling

I don't spam /tv/ but I hear what you're saying, removed the post out of respect. Veeky Forums is a good board and I like to keep it that way, that's why I'm triggered by a lot of anti-scientific threads that have been popping up lately.
I thought this thread was just another "global warming can't be real haha" which we have 20 times a day.

>anti-scientific
If we can ask questions, we can make it science.

I don't think it's been anti-scientific so much as just dumb questions. AFAIK the Stupid Questions Thread meme started on Veeky Forums.

Thanks, btw the the volcanoes on Venus do contribute to greenhouse gases. The entire planet of Venus is one super volcano. Venus's atmosphere of almost pure Co2 is stripped away by the solar winds because of its very weak magnetic field, but the planet is littered with volcanos that replenish the supply.

Venus is the same temperature everywhere fuckhead

Venus has no magnetic field

what kind of super planet is so balanced that it's the exact same temperature on every side of the planet?

A gigantic object which maintains roughly the same temperature? Ask your mom how she pulls it off

You're thinking Mercury.

Yes the toxic co2 is the problem and not 100 times thicker atmosphere (like wtf man its like air who cares its like empty lol #yolo #marhs4siemens #work@nasa)

The Venusian president denied climate change.

Isn't the surface pressure on Venus something retardedly crazy?

Also earth has a lot of water and can dissapate heat better worst comes to worst we can just plant more trees in the arctic, Greenland used to be green and antarctica used to be a jungle

>Isn't the surface pressure on Venus something retardedly crazy?

Yes, because of CO2