Does anyone here actually live off of rice and beans?

Does anyone here actually live off of rice and beans?

No, I'm white.

No, but red beans and rice, and some curried oxtail is breddy gud. I think Jamaicans call it "rice n' peas" though.

Does pasta, potato and muesli count?

I did in the past, but then I was eventually done paying off debts and now have $40 per week for food.

fried plantains nommm

I make it when I have jerk chicken which is fairly often (because it's cheap as fuck).

During lent I live off oats, yoghurt, lentils and bread

yes
except i dont add beans
i add chicken or pork or beef and vegetables and sauces
and sometimes instead of rice i use noodles

I eat a lot of white rice because it's cheap filler, but I usually buy a cheap protein instead of just using beans.
My favorite is this dirty rice dish I make with seasoned liver chunks, onions, and sometimes some other leftover veggies thrown in. I mix all that together with the rice. Delicious.

Don't know who can stand to eat the same shit every day besides fitfags, who frankly can't cook much else besides plain chicken breasts and tuna sandwiches.

I'm the user that had a year's supply of dry cat food and lived on it for a few months. It was an interesting experience. It made me appreciate real food so much. I'd recommend trying it for a month. Even shit like white bread is succulent after that.

I love rice. I spend a couple dollars on a 2-lbs bag of it, and it lasts for months. As a matter of fact, I just bought some red beans and andouille sausage to make rad beans & rice.

I pretty much do. Beans/legumes, vegetables and rice/bread/pasta/potatoes is like 90% of what I eat, usually cooked with some olive or peanut oil. Super cheap diet, easily made delicious if you know how to cook. Mix things up with a little meat/seafood/cheese a couple times a week.

I made some rice and black beans the other day, but added a can of tomatoes. I call it rice beans and tomato.

>I'm the user that had a year's supply of dry cat food and lived on it for a few months.
post proofnya

Central american here, just add some scramble eggs and yep, we all survive with just that.

Starting tomorrow im doing a challang month. Im not going to spend anything i dont have to.. without going crazy. I have a few meal plans that envolve mostly rice and beans.

How do i make pinto good

Look up a recipe for red beans and rice. Substitute the kidney beans for pinto beans.

Same way you make any bean taste good. You cook it in a flavorful stock, not water.

I used to eat that stuff every day until I got sick of eating so many fucking carbohydrates. I ate that stuff 3 times a day, 6 days a week (Sunday was a special day, since I got to eat some meat).
So I switched over to lentil soup. Now I feel much lighter than back then.

So you changed from one carb to a different carb. Gotcha.

iduno about beans but i have rice almost everyday. in stir fry's, on it's own, sometimes as a side and one time i made these rice pouch things. you can include rice in almost any dish man

i did in the past, not because of money but because it was a healthy and easy option

My lentil soup is actually mostly cabbage and kale per volume. The reason why I call it lentil soup is because I personally feel like it's the star of the dish.

Recipe faggot

rice, black beans, some pesto or some curry and wala its a fuckin wrap ya cocksuckah