Hi, Veeky Forums. I have a little over a pound of meat I just ground up into hamburger...

Hi, Veeky Forums. I have a little over a pound of meat I just ground up into hamburger. I really want to make patties for some hamburgers, how can I spice up the meat? Any ideas?

Salt & pepper

Salt and pepper, make smash burgers.

Honest question. Why do Americans call ground beef 'hamburger' when it has infinitely more uses than just for hamburgers?

Because we have a tendency to make ground beef into hamburger. Don't derail this thread into America vs Europe bullshit, please. I just want to make something good with my ground beef.

Do I add Salt and pepper just before putting it in the pan or do i mix it with the meat?

Particularly we call junk meat hamburger. If we get something with a higher price point we tend toward naming it better. Ground chuck, ground sirloin, etc.

Don't listen to these salt and pepper memers OP.

Finely mince some onion and a bit of garlic and throw it in there. Also a touch of paprika and of course salt and pepper.

>putting onion in your burger patty
onion goes on a burger, not in it, you philistine
I hope you stub your toe

Some call it that because it was mainly used to make hamburgers for them. Some people call it chopped/chop meat, I'm sure you can figure that one out. I don't really hear too many people call it that anymore though, either just ground beef or like says ground (cut).

>types like a nigger
>has invalid opinions on food
What a surprise.

Use a mix of salt, pepper, and some ground garlic, grill with some mustard if that floats ur boat.

you type like a nigger, you nigger
whatever I may be, at least I'm not a burger-tainting subhuman like you

>not cutting the onion up into slices and grilling it to put on the burger

>1lb ground beef
>1 medium yellow onion
>black pepper
>salt
>sage
>garlic
>paprika
Peel and chop the onion into chunks, then throw it into a food processor and blend until it's almost a paste. Dump the onion mince onto a clean kitchen cloth and roll it up. Wring out the onion juice into a container. Combine the dry onion mince with ground beef and spices in a mixing bowl. If the mix seems too dry, add some onion juice. Form patties by hand and grill.

Never put seasonings in the burger. Unless your beef tastes bad, does it taste bad?

I dont ever hear hamburger used, just ground beef.
I think some people just pick it up from Hamburger Helper.

Cheapshit ground beef made from undesirable cuts is often labelled in stores as hamburger. Hamburger Helper gets its name from that. It's a helper for hamburger.

Cum in them

>one egg
>juniper berries
>salt and pepper
swap that beef for bison and youve got yourself a great burger

This is the only answer. Smashburgers unless you have a grill.

Are you implying you cannot do both?

1. Get some fresh finely shopped onion and smash it in the meat after you make it into thinner patties.
2. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Add cheese if desired on flipped side of patty(cooked part)
4. If desired, add butter to toasted buns before serving.

mustard on top, before you flip it in the pan, patricians choice

Keep the onion out of the burger, sometimes if all I have to work with is a leaner cut I chop up mushrooms and mix them in there, helps with the juiciness in my experience

is egg in a patty mixture a meme?

I've heard it helps retain juices

Of course you could do both, but I'm not sure why you'd want to. Putting onions inside the patty is just plain undesireable. The cooking time of the onion is nowhere close to the cooking time of the meat, so you end up with this odd half-cooked onion that's some kind of sad state halfway between raw and sauteed.

Keeping the onion (and other things) out of the patty allow you to better control their level of doneness.

Egg is a binder. It's used when you want to make meatloaf, not a hamburger.

MSG on top of everything else that has been suggested

i grate about a tablespoon of onion for 1 pound of meat, and some crushed garlic

A bit of french onion soup mix and worcestershire sauce along with some salt and pepper.

>french onion soup mix

Neck yourself for even owning such a thing.

salt, pepper, rosemary powder, dried marjoram, onion powder, garlic minced

gyro burger

do the gordon ramsey way from utube. just season like half less than him. makes for a tasty burger

If you need a binder for your burger then you're buying ground beef with too little fat in it. 80/20 or 85/15 is around what you're looking for

>Barely over a pound
>multiple patties
Hah let me guess European?

>juniper berries
t. Bjorn Nordsson

salt. pepper.

garlic or Onion bits. (optional)

Even us Murricans usually go for 1/4 or 1/2 lb patties.

Try an Italian burger OP. 50/50 blend of ground beef and ground pork, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes for more of a meatball flavor. Top it with some provolone, pancetta, and red sauce.

I usually use nirn root

>make "smashburgers"
>meat sticks to spatula when smashing
n-n-neck yourself

>worchestershire sauce
>just a splash of red wine vinegar
>minced garlic, or garlic powder
>salt and pepper
>cayanne and smoked paprika
Alternative to dry seasoning if you cant be botheted would be a seasoning salt like Tonys, which is what I used to use interchangably before I realized that different flavor profiles existed

Grill your onions either on the beef juices if youre doing stove top burgers, or slap them on the grill if grill top.

>worchestershire
Thanks for the advice, chef.