Now I see where Lovecraft got his ideas to make his stories from. I like Chamber way more though...

Now I see where Lovecraft got his ideas to make his stories from. I like Chamber way more though, his writing is much much better. (like most compared to LC)

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/30798517
youtube.com/watch?v=obbgTkWgGbM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Somebody hasn't read anything but the title story.

i was going to say.

Chambers: "woo woo scary leper dude down there in the street."

Lovecraft: "Elder gods will make your brains explode out of your eye sockets if you even LOOK AT THEM.'

vimeo.com/30798517

i would have linked to the youtube version, but it wants you to sign in, and fuck youtube.

> this video would have made Lovecraft cover his eyes

I read the book, dipshit. The world Lovecraft created took it further and the mythos he formed is awesome, but I know I'm not alone when I say he wasn't a great writer.

If you're into this sort of proto-Lovecraft stuff, check out HPL's essay Supernatural Horror in Literature. He talks about a ton of authors who influenced him and who all had great works of their own. M.R. James, Algernon Blackwood, Arthur Machen, and William Hope Hodgson are good for starters.

>vimeo.com/30798517
Great, reducing all those interesting Lovecraftian ideas back down to standard Christian morality "if you have sex YOU'LL DIE!" horror movie rubbish.

It's literally just the first half of the book lmao.

I'd say Arthur Machen and Algernon Blackwood had more influence. House on the Borderland too.

but user, they all died. whether they had sex or not, they died like pigs.

But Chambers, aside from a few stories, is boring as hell. Blackwood and Machen have lots of great weird fiction, but not Chambers.

what's your favorite clark ashton smith story?

No clear favorite, and there is a lot I haven't read by him. I like "The Last Incantation" and "The Double Shadow" a lot. "The Dark Eidolon" and "The Uncharted Isle," too.

Are the Conan stories good? considering diving into them since want some good fantasy

They are quite fun.

That shit isn't scary though.

How is that edition of Complete Conan? Heard it was missing some chapters in the e-book version, but nothing about the physical

>William Hope Hodgson
I'd rather shoot myself in the kneecaps rather than reading Hodgsons garbage again.
The fact that people defend the night lands is offensive to me.

youtube.com/watch?v=obbgTkWgGbM

>Lovecraft
>not a great writer

>DUDE PARIS LMAO

The Last Incantation is what got me hooked on him. So short and brilliant. I feel like The Death of Malygris, while not nearly as good, wraps it up in quite the pessimistic, abrupt fashion, and is very effective.

The Isle of the Torturers is great too.His description of the Silver Death encroaching and gradually freezing everyone is incredible. Zothique is such a provocative setting.

The Night Land is written in a pretty painful to read style, certainly. Have you read The House on the Borderland? Completely different stylistically from The Night Land.

which shit isn't scary? Dye, Lovecraft or Chambers?

> confirmed for 15 years old
> protected his entire life by his parents
> has never experienced true fear
> believes he is a super bad ass who doesn't afraid of anything