Why don't we as humans think greens and veggies taste good? Most of us have to force ourselves to eat it...

Why don't we as humans think greens and veggies taste good? Most of us have to force ourselves to eat it. If it's so healthy why haven't we evolved to like the taste yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

files.soylent.com/pdf/soylent-drink-nutrition-facts-en.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

because you have literal shit taste, OP

means you don't know how to cook

Speak for yourself, OP

Animals die from hunger more frequently than they die from cancer or diabetes. Meat and high calories food makes you survive longer. It's perfectly healthy if you just plan to reproduce a few times then get eaten or die from disease. The concept of veggies being healthy only matters once you have eliminated other causes of death. That's why natural selection made us like meat and fat and sugar better

Eat Soylent. You can eat healthy without the shit taste of vegetables

Fuck you vegetables are delicious.

Because our brain releases dopamine as a reward for eating food with lots of energy - foods with lots of sugar, fat, etc.

Because they are not,

FAT
SALT
SUGAR

they r shit compared to high value energy sources. We just recently developed enough to have concentrated amounts of sugar etc in all our food that would never be available in nature, but our bodies haven't evolved to accomodate modern life

the absolute state of amerilards

This. I have soylent for at least one meal a day, and quite often one of the other meals is fast food. I don't work out but that often isn't believed.

I'm a bit spooked of the soy jew with it but other than that it's probably one of the best things that's ever happened to me. To be able to have one meal every day covered, no questions asked, healthy, and tastes honestly amazing. Im really fucking surprised I haven't gotten sick of it yet. I guess it's kinda like having cereal every morning

Nah you're just a contrarian who doesn't want to be associated with vegans.

Step outside of your basement and see for yourself what most of us actually enjoy.

pic related is cool tho

files.soylent.com/pdf/soylent-drink-nutrition-facts-en.pdf

I'm having trouble understanding the health benefits of consuming this shit.

There are no health benefits when yompared to normal food

fresh greens taste amazing and if they dont you are an evolutionary mistake.
overboiled greens taste like shit cause of the sulphur compounds that your brain associates with rot
unhealthy food is addicting cause it usually contains lots of fat and sugar which our caveman brains really like cause that stuff is pretty good at not making you die of starvation

>fresh greens taste amazing
Bullshit. Most greens have almost no flavor at all.

Fuck off faggots, you know an average vegetable isn't mouthwatering, it's at best a good compliment to a meal

is a raw piece of meat without seasoning mouthwatering?

No, and I never said it was. We evolved to eat cooked meat

then you should know that you usually cook and season the damn vegetables. Judging from the way you talk about them you don't even wash them before you cook them.

I am well aware of that. I was only saying that cooked vegetables are still not really mouthwatering. No one becomes addicted to green vegetables or finds them mouthwatering in the same way as they might fruit or cooked meat

I'm really fond celery and lettuce. I think you're just fat.

>No one becomes addicted to green vegetables or finds them mouthwatering in the same way as they might fruit or cooked meat
what the fuck, you think a fruit is better than a veggie? fruits are shitty for anything other than jucies and maybe ingredients. You should try lettuce and green beans, potatoes and corn, fried rice. Can you name what meat dishes (I don't want to hear about your fruits) you think are so great?

Sucrose should be considered a drug, not food. If you're addicted to a food, you should be worried.

You sound really boring. Celery is basically just water and fibre

Plenty. Ossobucco, risotto, chicken stir fry, roast lamb, steak sandwich. All of them generally involve vegetables, I know. Doesn't mean the vegetables are what make them tasty. Also, mangoes are delicious. If you honestly think otherwise, you have awful taste

Literally semantics

get off this board underage

>Doesn't mean the vegetables are what make them tasty
you;re wrong. Try making those dishes without them. Or the spices that are vegetables

we do you dumb cunt, you've just eaten trash for your whole life. Most fruits and vegetables taste pretty good to me, even raw.

i enjoy both cooked and raw vegetables very much, you are a faggot OP

This

And since everything is laced with fat and sugar these days, it takes a tiny degree of mental fortitude and discipline to not give into the hedonistic eating habits and eat whats ACTUALLY good for you. And there is literally nothing wrong with the taste of "greens and veggies" and you feel physically 100% better if you eat healthy varied food with proper nutritional values instead of industrial fast food with empty calories.

We evolved to eat the meat of animals that graze on greens, that's why. If you eat grass-fed beef, it has literally everything you need to survive.

I'm seriously amused by all the pathetic virtue signaling neckbeards in this thread claiming they like the taste of raw vegetables. No you don't, you like the taste of the oil and salt they were cooked with, you cringeworthy liars.

useful for weaning fatties off of a food addiction i bet

>veggies
I hate this juvenile reddit-tier word. Just say vegetable, you emasculated craft-beer drinking overweight bearded fuck.

There are a number of vegetables that are delicious without being cooked or seasoned, though they're often even better cooked. Unseasoned meat cooked without oil is bland and absolutely unappetizing.

And if you're not eating a wide variety of vegetables nearly every day, you're almost certainly malnourished in some way.

Is this some joke I'm missing? Are Americans really like this?

>mfw a /pol/lack calls eating vegetables virtue signalling

Because we are carnivores thats why meat taste better to us.

We're too intelligent for our own good and invented tastier things like pizza, Doritos, and cookies. If we never knew of their existence we wouldn't know what we're missing out on and would think broccoli was amazing because it's all we had.

>Most of us have to force ourselves to eat it.

Off yourself

But in general, vegetables give very little calories compared to fat and sugar. Nature is pretty much a game of trying to get the greatest amount of calories for as little expenditure as possible. If an animal enjoys the taste of fat and sugar it is more likely to eat fat and sugar which leads to that animal surviving for longer than an animal that doesn't eat fat or sugar. Longer survival generally leads to more children.

Proof?

I liked raw broccoli since I was a mere child

Because evolution isn't driven by necessity.
Evolution is the occurrence of random mutations, that are then beneficial to survival (they passed on via reproduction and this becomes an accumulative).
I guess the 'veggies taste nice' gene hasn't occurred yet in humans.

I am from Pakistan. Fruits, vegetables, and grains are great. You white people just don't know how to prepare them, use some spices.

>hating corn/spinach/kale/broccoli/squash/potatoes/eggplant/green beans/cabbage/carrots/yams/asparagus/artichokes
Three likely scenarios:
1. You're a child
2. You're tricking yourself into not liking them because you didn't like them as a child and won't accept a change in your palate
3. You've never actually had these things fresh and properly prepared, so you assume that all carrots taste like canned carrots, etc.
Any way you slice it, you have shit taste and should feel bad.

We are literally omnivores.

Carnivores eat meat raw. Humans are absolutely not carnivores.

i didnt find the video (it was probably removed)
but there was a video on youtube where you see rats and mold inside the soylent factory.

also enjoy your soy estrogens

i thinks its because most people still remember the overcooked shity vegetables their moms or school canteens forced them to eat.

for example most kids here dont like broccoli and its on of these stufs they get forced to eat because its healthy.

im sure if it was well prepared and you wouldnt force them they would eat it on their own.

Kale is the most bland food I've ever eaten. Potatoes, corn etc are of course delicious though

I fucking love broccoli

What specifically do you think it's missing that other foods would have?

yes, carpaccio and sashimi are some of the most delicious culinary experiences you can have.

the contrarian edgelords who claim fresh greens are amazing are probably fat fucks downing it with a gallon of mayonnaise and bacon.

It's not that veggies don't taste good, meat just tastes better.

It's low in polyunsaturated fatty acids.

On the other hand, don't you need cholesterol?

>CURRYSHITS
no thanks

>polyunsaturated fatty acids
You want those, though.

>
>Soy
no

>Most of us have to force ourselves to eat it
That's just cause you're a burger who ate too much sweet shit and drank too much soda as a kid. Me and most people I know actually like vegetables.

I guess, but not much, is it? I don't know what you need them for but I know you need them. I also know that they participate in some more-so inflammatory pathway.

I don't know much, actually.