Trying to read

>Trying to read
>25 Year old NEET brother that plays xbox all night and smokes weed all night long and treats everyone in house like shit that i share room with won't fucking shut the fuck up and yelling into his mic
>No where to go read or fap
>Can only read in college library and its closed atm
I fucking hate this house. I can't wait to go get my own place.

Who else knows this feel? I want to fucking strangle him.

BRO IM TRYNA GET LIT AND XBON. CHILL THE FUCK OUT. THIS. *THIS* IS WHY I HATE YOU AND MOM.

buy earplugs bro

Earphones. listen to /classical/ music while reading, or maybe just keep them in as ear plugs

Disconnect the internet or hide his remote controller. Alternatively just drill the xbox.

get a job and move out hippie. you probably cant because your getting all doped up on second hand reefer

If you do go to the library chances are you'll encounter some sluts talking about their Tinder hookups to the point you tell those cunts to shut up and you'll get arrested for making a scene.

I have this same problem with my mom's boyfriend. You are lucky.

I've been there. Could you go to a café? Or maybe a classroom that's not being used? In a few months you should be able to read outside too, I find that very comfortable.

Even that won't be very effective if they're in the same room as you.

He's so fucking loud I have to god damn turn it up to the point where it just is as distracting as he is. And during the quieter parts of the song I still fucking hear his voice. It's annoying as hell.

I've never done drugs in my life. I'm busting my ass trying to do the best I can in college. I have to wake up at 7 AM and try to study then because he's usually in bed at 6 AM. I can atleast fucking try to watch Khan Academy then without having to hear his fucking voice.

I do have them.
I have used earplugs for so fucking long that htey hurt like living hell when I put them in my ears. Like it really fucking hurts. They're raw as fuck and painful as all hell. Sometimes they don't even work. They used to work p good but they stopped for some reason. I've gone as far as even putting gun range muffs over the plugs but it still isn't that great.

>My house has a real sitting room and a decorative sitting room.
>No one ever uses the decorative sitting room.
>tfw I read all my books in there with a cosy semi-dim lamp and with all the windows open so it's nice and cold just like I like it.

Way 2 live, user. Minus the cold.

You know what.
I fucking know how to stop it.

I'm going to fucking break that god damned microphone.

He has fucking pic related. How the hell do I break the cord to this fucking thing without it being obvious that someone did it? His shit breaks all the time because he acts like a retard and throws shit when he's mad. And his headset is like 8 years old.

Or better yet, he's using an Xbox One. How the fuck do I just fuck his controller's microphone port up? Could I jam some lint off in there or something?

This isn't r9k

Take a drill to it.

ROW ROW FIGHT DA POWAH

Read in your car (or a car), or try to find another room. otherwise, earplugs are the best option. If all else fails you can kick your brother in his smug face to shut him up

That might be just delaying the inevitable, though. Really the best way to prevent this is to get away from the source, or stop it in someway altogether.

Why don't you just run a bath everyday and read in there?

There's no fucking way to stop it man I've tried.
He's 25, I'm 18.
He weighs like 210 something pounds, and has lifted and fucking learned boxing and shit since he was 15. He's got extreme anger issues and I've seen him break the door to the fucking house over him being locked out at age 19 and shit. Last month his phone broke and he fucking started yelling and saying he was going to go to the sprint store and fucking beat the shit out of the employees. He's also threatened my elderly grandmother on a few occasions. But of course she doesn't take it seriously because she's dumb.

I've asked him once to be quiet and he's loud, and he fucking said he wasnt, and then spent the entire fucking night acting like a MASSIVE dick, all over me fucking telling him he's loud. One time I pissed him off and he got in my face(i was 15 and he was 22)and just fucking screamed how he would kill me.

I have fucking begged my mother to kick him out, but she says "I will never kick my children out" and shit, and there's no way to convince her otherwise. The only way out is just to fucking get a job and escape.

We have a single bathroom and people would get pissed off.

>We have a single bathroom and people would get pissed off.
If your brother can get away with being a dick there's no reason you can't do it.

Wait, lad. Are you me?

My big brother is exactly like that.

Ok, If you are unwilling to move, insofar that you can at least limit the noise. You are going to have to suck it up, and play white noise or fucking insulate your door and walls or something.

We share a room though is the problem.
Before I had to move in with my grand parents I had my own room and that was great, until my dad became a fucking piece of garbage and left of course. He was still a little shit then, but now I have to fucking actually sit here, and EVERY FUCKING DAY, listen to him and see him and watch him act like the most despicable piece of useless fucking human garbage I've ever seen and I fucking hate it. It's been two fucking years straight and I'm really close to just getting a fucking hammer and running over there and bashing it against his fucking head. God it's so fucking annoying. I have sensory integration disorder and fucking aspergers, both diagnosed as well. Loud noises are even more fucking difficult because of that. I've gotten more used to those though.

I don't like being a dick to my family though. You might say "but u want 2 brek hiz dings!! :D"

Well, he's not my fucking family. He's just a fucking beast that leeches and fucking suckles at everyone's life like a god damn vampire.

Is your brother Chris-chan?

So tell me where you go to masturbate?

Why not just read outside?

It's pretty comfy.

I know that feel. I have my own room but the apartment is rather small and with thin walls, so I can hear whenever someone speaks as well as whenever the TV is running. I also have noise coming from the road and from the apartment above. Earplugs aren't enough, plus I find them uncomfortable.
In my NEET months I joined my local reading society and restructured my day so that I could make full use of it (open 12h a day). Now that I come home late though, it's sometimes hard to find proper time to read comfortably.

Not if you live in the civilised world (winter).

Bring blankets.

Problem solved.

I just fucking masturbate in the shower. I don't really masturbate all too often anymore though because my zoloft killed the libido a bit.

Learn to pay attention. This is a useful exercise for you.

Coincidentally, Japanese characters just in my captcha right now (too lazy to screenshot).

I know this feel. I was, during my formative years, under the tyranny of an idiotic drunken mexican buffoon that my foolish and desperate mother believed to be a worthy rebound.
They both have fragile egos, in our cases. Learn to exploit that for personal satisfaction. If you do not inflict more pain on them as they do you, they will believe in their mind that they can exploit you as much as they want. They will make you take a step back, then act calm so that you will do too. This will happen day after day, until you realize they made you step miles back.
You have to be both the High Priest and The Grand Inquisitor.

>Learn to exploit that for personal satisfaction
How did you do it?
Any good book recs?

think of me like the older brother on the scenario you've described, only instead of shouting at the xbox, i'm shouting passages from the Phenomenology and inserting expletives for emphasis.

remove his vocal cords while he's sleeping