What if heaven isnt real but hell is?

what if heaven isnt real but hell is?
im fucking serious, how do we know that when we die we wont wake up screaming in a pit of fire?

You can't have one without the other, you dumbass. You have to be at least 18 years old to post on this board.

but what if heaven is here, on earth? what if what little joy we have in life is the heaven compared to the suffering in hell?

>You can't have one without the other
Why?

DUDE LMAO

Then we're fucked. Nothing to be done

You're wrong, kid. If anything, earth is hell, for we live in a perpetual state of sin.

How about you read the Bible, you fucking knob.

Dubs confirm

Who said anything about this being the Christian hell, you fucking knob?

Hell was invented as a threat, thats all.

Christians didnt originally believe in a hell, Jews still dont.

Woah this is what they hid from me in church, I feel enlightened :)

>implying Christianity isn't the ultimate truth

>Jews still don't
>what is Sheol

but what if the idea of hell, which 2as used as a threat, turns out to be right? what if sinners in the hand s of an angry god was jonathan edwards channeling some deep esoteric knowledge but the only catch is that god doesnt give a fuck and just drops us into hell?

Kindly dispense with your meme arrows and weeabo deviancy, you fucking knob.
He is watching

Then it fucking sucks to be ever have been born. But what are you going to do about it, fucking kill yourself? It hell exists and all goes there, then it's just too fucking bad. End of discussion

God have mercy on you

Heh, and theres a lot more than that too kid

That is not hell, its not a place of torture and fire

Also
>he doenst know that half the described "afterlifes" of ancient people were actually literal descriptions of a grave that were taken as a myth by retarded "historians"

stupid questions

>That is not hell, its not a place of torture and fire

That's a common misconception of what Christian hell is, you fucking knob. All hell is, really, is an entirety without God.

Try reading the Bible before spewing drivel, you wank.

You dont have any reliable evidence of either, so it's reasonable to assume neither exist until evidence is presented.

Even granting the possibility of, lets say, indefinite "perceptual continuity" after brain death, there is no reason to infer that such a state has to be determined by a person's actions, or lack of actions while they were alive. Without evidence, it's just as reasonable to say "a superhuman force" punishes virtue and rewards vice.

Basically, there's no way to know and if it is the case you're up shit creek anyway so why bother worrying? Stay alive as long as possible.

Shut up, loser

We have evidence, dontcha know? it's called the BIBLE, geeze.

Some people can be so stupid

>this damage control

you're in hell already, kiddo

get used to it

You fucking knob

Nothing happens after death. If your "soul" is a part of you, then it too ceases when you die, because death is the end of you entirely.

This argument is an utter waste of time. It will never have a logical resolution; people will believe all sorts of mystical prattle because shamanistic hocus-pocus is appealing

Thats not really hell then... you dumbfuck

>logic is good
>death is the end of everything because muh memes

diocesedevestated papist detected

>death is not the end of everything because muh memes

What if your mind is the sun and your body is the Earth? What if limbo is the waking world? and heaven is your mind's release from your body as your mind, and everyone else's minds, continues its radiation towards the Sun-- all the minds becoming the one true god of Man who was split into earthly, bodily experience; and hell is the core of the Earth, where your body, with all the other bodies, will soon decay and dismember as it rides the flowing tectonic plates of the Earth's burning, purging, and recycling core.

epic stoner philosophy dude

>>logic is good
Nope.
>>death is the end of everything because muh memes
Death will be the end of me, I know that. You can believe whatever prattle you please, clearly I won't be able to stop you

>you fucking knob
holy... you just pulled a Gregory Berrycone on him you did.
i want more

That'd be pretty cool. Too bad the scenario is basically pulled out of your ass.

>Implying Christianity invented hell

Lurk more

Seems like you and I are just some cool guys

in the Year of Our Lord 2017, he unironically hasn't'd've'nst read Phaedo

come on man... why are you even posting on this board?

a rare good post from a tripfag

this

I didnt imply that

Because hell is other people user.

Is it? The metaphysical world doesn't give a fuck about what you think you are-- just remember that. Keep an open mind, is all I'm saying. Don't waste time living in scary thoughts. Heaven and hell are just as easily states of minds as they are what I said before. Or they're nothing at all. And in none of these instances am I right or wrong.

Okay, here we go. There are different aspects of every religion: High and Low. Simply put, looking at our current world and the way it is, do you think the true, metaphysical aspect of religion and tradition that has actual depth and any relevance to the divine has even remotely survived up to this day?

Also, do you think a very simple story of God's Son came to earth to save mankind and if you don't believe in Him you are going to a pit of fire for eternity given that the rest of the world is so mind-bogglingly complex?

Pro tip: it has ;)

>heh, nothing means anything but I still write posts and you should take my advice hehehe kiddo

nevermind it wasnt satire, tripfag is just retarded

You have to agree with certain premises for that nonsense to work, e.g. that the "opposite" of living is dying. "Dying" is not part of any system like sleeping-waking: it is stasis.

>come on man... why are you even posting on this board?
Because it's bamboozling haunted fucks like you amuses me

My point went over your head.

My point really went over your head.

>heh, im too smart to be understood, get on my vibration level kid

Have fun torturing yourself, kiddo. Come back when you can have real hypothetical discussions without needing to be right.

You don't go anywhere when you die. You just lie there and rot.

We like to assume that consciousness leaves the body, because reactions stop at this stage, but we have no way of knowing for certain.

If there's any sort of "afterlife", it's almost certainly a vague awareness while worms eat your flesh, until you're digested into dirt and completely dissipate into the universe.

The bible pretty much describes earth as a battlefield between heaven and hell, but one would argue hell has dominance of the earth for most of its existence

especailly right now - look at the layout of DC, the owl on the whitehouse lawn, the emails from wikileaks . . . god certainly isn't here.

Im scared of death bros

The purpose of philosophy is to prepare you for death - i think the best way to avoid hell is to be completely truthful in your life and to think everyday about the world. Grow your knowledge more and more until death comes - live a life of positive memories and you'll have nothing to regret in the end

try reading the text instead of a wikipedia summary

oh sorry i forgot, your arbitrary axioms are inherently superior.

worst thread ive ever read on Veeky Forums

>The bible pretty much describes earth as a battlefield between heaven and hell

does it

What does this thread have to do with literature?

Definitely not.