Can you give me a quick rundown of this book and its author? why do i see it so much on here?

can you give me a quick rundown of this book and its author? why do i see it so much on here?

You really don't.

tao lin is so five years ago

He makes threads about himself

I have that book on my shelf, the twinkles are good conversation starter
I ask myself "Why did I buy that book?" and always think "idk"

Lol he got you

>quick

Lol those guys fucked up

>meme author
>got popular among creative writing fags and also primarily because he memed himself hard on Twitter
>dude had like 60 goddamn Twitters
>wrote silly shit in his autistic style where he just states things plainly and if he feels like he shouldn't do something then he feels like he has to do it
>shills his shit (he mentions this board explicitly in Taipei)
>gets some minor internet fame
>picked up to write a serious novel by Vintage
>it's better than his other books but still just autistic hipster faggots wandering around doing drugs, looking at the internet, and going to parties
>his dad invented LASIK and he never has to work but he works at a library so he can buy drugs with his own money
>at least two of his exes have severe psychiatric problems
>caught a whale

imo excellent author. He's part of a realist literary tradition Veeky Forums isn't familiar with

go to sleep tao lin

A whale, you say?

So... it's basically like reading the movie Boyhood?

could you elaborate on the realist tradition he's part of?

he inspired me to start writing, dont kill yourself tao lin

Yes, he went fishing with his family when he was five. His dad caught a turtle, his mom caught a snapper, his brother caught a crab, he caught a whale. That night they ate crab, the next night they ate turtle, the next night they ate snapper, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale, the next night they ate whale.

cool cover

shit book

amazing someone can make a career off such a shitty chronicle but more power to that hack faggot.

tao lin is my god lmao

fuck off tao

go back to writing "taking drugs in new york 2: gooky spooky boogaloo"

nice

Hi, Tao. Please unironically title your next book that. I will buy two (2) copies. Thank you.

It's a book that starts out pretty fucking boring and a slog to go through but then it's antics get exciting, funny and depressing. Recommend.

>(he mentions this board explicitly in Taipei)
no one can be this autistic
I refuse to belive this until I get some evidence

I actually like this
Does he have anything else like this?

I met a girl on Tinder who also liked reading a lot.

She told me she despised DFW but she had only read The Girl With Curious Hair. She recommended Tao Lin's Shoplifting From American Apparel "for some good contemporary".

I still have her added on Snapchat and it looks like she lives a pretty cool life but I judged her lit taste pretty hard after that.

nigga that's probably gonna be the best you'll find

nice blog friend

Pei Tao Lin is a shit author

Fortunately this isn't true.

I was ironically writing about the exact same insignificance and interactions as Tao Lin writes in.

You can check this yourself.

No, his other poems are shit.

"Some Of My Happiest Moments In Life Occur On AOL Instant Messenger"

i will create a new category
on my instant messenger buddy list
i will call it
'people i like who don't like me back'
and i will move your screen name into that group
and i will invite you to my house and show you
and you will say, 'if i didn't like you why did i come over'
and you will look at my face
and i will have an honest answer for your question