How come in age of particle accelerators, gravitational waves, fibre optic broadband, OLED displays, solar cells...

How come in age of particle accelerators, gravitational waves, fibre optic broadband, OLED displays, solar cells, virtual reality, holograms, electric cars, electron and atomic microscopes, sex robots and gene editing, there are still MILLIONS of people in this world who genuinely believe the Earth is FLAT?

I am truly flabbergasted Veeky Forums.... Do they not realise that the very computers and internet that they use to spread their flat earth beliefs were invented based on all the accumulated scientific theories and knowledge that they are unironically trying to disprove?

there's like 2 of them and the other millions are trolls

No I'm serious. Head down to any state in the deep south and if you ask people if the Earth is flat or round they'll say "they don't know"

Ever played an online-game? These are the same people.

The whole older = smarter is also nonsense. People don't get more intelligent, older just means more likely to compensate for lack of intelligence with trained behaviour through trail and error but there is no way to train people on such topics as they will never get punished for believing in one over the other in their lives.

they don't know because how the fuck should they know? They haven't been in space. They probably haven't ever been in a plane. Nor do they have the kind of education that supports the idea as an "obvious" conclusion. More likely, they don't give a fuck, because whether it is or not doesn't affect a damn thing about their daily life.

if this was pre information age this point would actually have merit, but since its not and the sum of human experience is available to virtually everyone not having a basic grasp of the principles that enable our society makes you a willfully ignorant dipshit

Tbf id rather have them say "I dont know" rather than spouting a bunch of unsupported stuff that someone pulled out of their ass. Stuff like the earth is flat, religion and most of anything said by politicians.

>there are still MILLIONS of people in this world who genuinely believe the Earth is FLAT?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, no. Atheists are the most retardedly autistic people around. They still can't tell that they are being baited by trolls.

Many people are unable or unwilling to grasp abstract relations and are only able to learn through rote memorization ("facts"). They value any sort of theory in terms of how practical it is in their daily lives. And guess what, to the average brainlet the shape of the planet is completely irrelevant

flat earth is an Illuminati psyop so you hear much more about it then you should because it is promoted hard by them to discredit truthers, it is not is prevalent as you think, same with communism

both is mostly kikes and Illuminati shills trying to make people think it is a thing with really stupid people joining in with them (this goes for both communism and flat earth among numerous other psyops they are always running)

dont know why people get upset about this...just means yoiu have an edge over so many

How does one prove to a flat earther that the Earth is not flat?

One can't just refer to the satellite videos because they will call them fake and I am not good at physics and all that jazz.

So what are some good arguments?

pls respond

the sun rises and sets you can prove the earth is round with two sticks their shadows and simple geometry

the Coriolis effect

first you have to get them to settle on a concrete definition for what type of flat the world is, and you can debunk it because no flat earth model is consistent with reality in terms of the actual straight line distance between points, what angles the stars are at two given points on the surface, where the sun rises and sets and the arc it travels in throughout the day etc. You likely won't be able to tell you what type of flat the world is however, since they never actually gave any thought to what shape the world is, it's just ALL A CONSPIRACY

Funny thing a person I know told me that he believed the earth was flat and I just told him he fell for a joke and that he should just take this to an expert (a physicist for example).

Yet he just responded with: "That's the problem it was a scheme that dates back to pythagoras and the first philosophers".

I don't know what he really meant. I guess hes trying to tell me its all a conspiracy that dates back to the times of the ancient greeks?

I guess he's saying that math and geometry are all made up, if you measure shit with rulers it's all lies and 1+1 isn't really 2 if you take something and you get another one and you think that now you have 2 of them you've just been bamboozled by the ancient greek illuminati who were lying because reasons

>there are still MILLIONS of people in this world who genuinely believe the Earth is FLAT?

Yup, don't listen to the anons saying it's a bunch of people "pretending" to be retarded or trolling. No, they actually believe in flat Earth or some bullshit alternative theory.

And honestly it doesn't surprise me the least bit. Hell the average person can't even be asked to check their own mental fallacies in any given situation. What makes you think they can work up enough logical agency to realize the very technology they use invalidate their personal belief.

Just think about it, there are people who believe in flat Earth right now using GPSs to navigate themselves on the road. That's like having anti-vaccine people bragging/bitching about how diseasesd third worlders are.

The sheer ignorance and hubris is palpable.

there are millions of people who believe in god, and really flat earth is the same as believing in god

Not really. There's no evidence for God, but no evidence that the universe wasn't created by some omnipotent consciousness. It's just.. very far fetched.
There's shitloads of evidence against flat earth. It doesn't hold up to basic observations of distances between two points and various angles, observations you can do yourself without any kind of training.

Round Earth can be easy proved with sea and an ship; God existence can't be easy proved.

>electric cars
They are bad for ecology, because their accumulators are toxic and their life is short.

>>electric cars
They are bad for ecology, because their accumulators are toxic and their life are short.

ha ha haa he blew you the fuck out

This Pic proofs

did he really? :/

Can't we use Halo to pretty easily disprove the Earth being flat?

With the Earth being a sphere makes it convex and a ring type structure like Halo makes it concave you can discern that on a spherical planet that you are only able to see a couple miles in either direction but with the Halo ring you can view the entirety of it from any point being inside its interior.

I would imagine if the Earth were flat that its appearance would take a form that looks somewhat like a mixture of the two.

It is a reasonable hypothesis, although obviously false if you think about the implications.
But just consider that there are still people in the American media that go on about "Russia hacked the election", which is a conspiracy theory just as baseless and nonsensical, but still was promoted by the media.

And? What makes you so sure that the earth is round?
"I do not know" is the most honest answer you can possibly give, unless you had a serious look at the available evidence and thought about it, something which these people most likely do not give a fuck about.
I see nothing wrong with it.

99% of the knowledge is held by the 1%. The knowledge bourgeoisie, if you will. This is what capitalism causes. Create a communist government so that everyone goes to the same school, the same university and everyone is able to learn the same things. Seize the means of deduction. Then we will have knowledge equality.

Nobody in power wants people to be intelligent

this is fucking wrong, I live in the deep south and people know the earth is round because of cape carnival

this is an awful troll thread, can everyone please report it

20+ years worth of pushing conspiracy theory bs and a few documentaries by Eric Dubay is enough to convince an idiot that the Earth is flat.

They feel liberated by the idea of the Earth being flat and feel that they are a part of something. I am just sad that this anti-science movement is growing exponentially.