ITT: Post your bookshelves

ITT: Post your bookshelves

bookshelves this tiny genuinely make me a bit sad

yeah but 3 of those books take a short lifetime to read.

It's obviously a joke. Hence the 3 different copies of Art of the Deal and the meme trilogy.

A bookshelf shouldn't be saddening. Does the average person actually have a eldedicated book space?

I think 50% people go through a small phase of reading, where they find something of interest and run with it tirca year before stopping. They end up with perhaps 10 books, an odd few more over the years if they're gifted.

25% of people will have a small collection from school. Of no particular direction, most likely a GCSE biology book, a Hobbit paperback and half a dozen young adult they were encouraged to read in spite of their total lack of merit.

Then the other 25% of people just will not own a book outside of Mary Berry. My grandmothers don't even own that much. God only knows what they do all day.

No, because you'd make fun of me. :(

I just have a bunch of old sword and sorcery novels, and paperbacks of a bunch of sci-fi/fantasy shit.

KEK

>readings in canadian history

that book is a lot thicker than i would have expected

You're talking about the three copies of Art of the Deal right? They're so informative that it does indeed take a small lifetime to read them.

and those are mine.

and these

here. the books that i have no room for them

just wait ok

Just getting into Murakami eh?

>Trumpshit

I dont understand how this board can be filled with memeing elitists that praise really genius books, but then have Donald the duck books on their shelves.

Fuck off.

Donald the Duck is patrician as fuck.

Why bother posting a collection if the quality is so bad you cant actually tell what any of the books are?

why are you mad though?

Sideways 1/4

Sideways 2/4

3/4

4/4 the shitty leftovers edition

how's A Naked Singularity?

>pinecone and dostoeyveskskey

Shitty?

They're the leftover mass market paperbacks. Shitty quality not necessarily shitty books, though there's some of those too

My library away from home. (1/5)

(2/5)

(4/5)

(5/5)

Not featured: Amerika, which I just started.

pretty

Are you a german native speaker or did you learn the language? I see a lot of german literature

2nd language, but living in Berlin now. I translate for a living so I gotta read and keep it sharp. And lots of Walser here because I'm translating him as a pet project.

Gleiches Boot, Bruder, ich mache meinen Bachelor in Germanistik, lohnt es sich, übersetzen, als Berufsmöglichkeit in Betracht zu ziehen?

I agree. Consuming his ideas is about as intellectually bankrupt as someone can get.

Comfy shelf user

Here's mine

Ich würde es auf jeden Fall empfehlen. Oftmals kann man freiberuflich übersetzen, und dann wäre die Arbeit vollzeitig bzw. nebenberuflich nach eigenem Wunsch. Und Deutsch lohnt sich im Vergleich zu anderen Sprachen, da die deutschsprachige Länder riesige Wirtschaften haben, und dann gibt's immer einen Bedarf ins Englische zu übersetzen (wenn English deine Muttersprache ist.) Ich finde die Arbeit interessant und vielfältig, und vor allem ermöglicht sie mein eigenes Deutsch tätig verbessern.

Das habe ich auch über die deutsche Sprache gehört. Ich bin ein in Deutschland geborener Grieche auf muttersprachler Niveau, und habe ausserdem das Goethe Zertifikat C2. Im englischen habe ich ebenfalls ein gutes Niveau erreicht, aber noch kein Zertifikat.
Persönlich will ich mich mit der Literaturwissenschaft/Grammatologie beschäftigen, aber als Berufswahl möchte ich nicht lehren und da passt übersetzen gut ins Spiel.

Ich muss jetzt aber in den Unterricht, viel Glück noch, bro, und ne gute Karriere wünsch ich dir

>bob dylan

True patrician

This is now a stack thread.

that TCITR is kind of thick

why?

>Tao Lin
>Murakami
>Unread Infinite Jest
It looks good and you have some nice novels although I cannot see if you have actually read it.

Why do you post this picture in literally every thread?

>Horror novels
>Gene Wolfe
>Lovecraft
>Science books
>Cormac McCarthy
Edgy

tfw can't post shelf because all of my books are in a big cardboard box bc i'm homeless

I post my bookshelf in bookshelf threads. Seems pretty reasonable.

I was homeless for a little over a year. Stay strong user it gets better if you don't quit like all those pussies you see screaming at the sky outside the corner store at 3am.

You're not dolan, he upgraded that pic a bunch of times

Some people are adults and don't ruin their novels when they read them. This meme, it's dead.

How's The Terror? Found it at goodwill the other day. I loved Hyperion, does it hold up?

1/2

2/2

>Not bending in the spine, using the pages as their own bookmarks and writing comments in the margins.

Full pleb.

There are about 200 more books at my dad's house, plus a nice set of encyclopedias.

what the fuck is going on with that copy of gravity's rainbow

you're pretty embarassing

Sorry, haven't read it yet.

>The legend of the 10 elemental masters.

I'm a bit jelly desu.

My favourite work of literature

Why not just get it? He still sells it on Lulu.

>tfw I have a signed copy
>tfw his name is just in print because I don't think he actually knows cursive

OP you made me laugh out loud with your pic, well done.

Shelf at the head of my bed, containing most of my current favourites. I'm actually pretty proud of it. Can I get some recs?

gay fiction, pleb non-fiction, "weed cures cancer"-tier guides.

fucking dropped.

Self-Harm for Dummies

memelord $$/10

shitty camera ?/10

extensive and diverse, a pretty good shelf. the worn copy of "Atlas Shrugged" is a worrying sign. 7.4/10

pretty vanilla with all the standard memes, i'm tempted to question whether or not you've read many of the books on that shelf. 5.9/10

evident patricianhood. You clearly have a defined personal taste but are also not too pretentious to enjoy the classic Veeky Forums memes
8.7/10

it doesn't seem like you've been into books for that long, so you're doing fine. there's nothing wrong with entry-level stuff as long as you branch out eventually 7.1/10

shitty quality which makes it difficult to see most of the titles, but I love Robert Graves so I automatically assume your patricianhood 8.2/10

last rating meant for

R8 me, m8's. Pls b kind, this is my first time

Also add Steppenwolf, The Dead, and The Metamorphosis (not pictured)

also, these r my favs i will keep for long time only; not including booqs i did not like or couldn't finish bc they were memes or i just couldn't get into them (such as Infinite Jest, all the beats, Dellilo)

>r
>favs
>long time only
>booqs
>bc
>implying Steppenwolf is anyone's favourite past high school
>implying Steppenwolf is even good by Hesse standards
I r8 it b8/8, m8

i have that copy of jurgen. did you read job by heinlein? jurgen seems a bit simple and... juvenile? i haven't been compelled to complete it upon taking it up several times. i wish you luck.

jurgen is an interesting pick. i could take or leave the rest. 1/8

jim carroll is really overlooked. solid 2nd wave ny poet. probably top three behind alice notley and ron padgett. good choice. mother night is vonnegut's best. you got good judgement. have a 10 bruh.

How are you liking Amerika so far? Are you reading in German or English? It left me underwhelmed relatively to the rest of Kafka's works.

Post Office by Bukowski is pretty good

I just started it in German, and am only a couple pages in. Its opening isn't really the same immediate splash of cold water as the first pages of Metamorphosis, the Trial, or some of the stories, but I'm enjoying it a lot. Seems maybe more straightforwardly narrative than his other things? But I really have no idea. I just jumped on in and was kind of intrigued by Kafka setting a story somewhere he has never been.

>inb4 hipster

Most of the vinyls belonged to my grandma. Don't feel right throwing them out. Except Black Star and the ATCQ anthology. Those are mine.

He want's to show us how many he has.

You are British.

>100 best beatle songs
>beatles only recorded 237 songs
This seems a little easy and cheap.

Another niggershelves threat. What else is new?Ur such a fuckin fgt

you do realize that most people will never read a decent piece of fiction for most of their adult life. us readers are a dying breed

I see you have the same problem I have and prefer getting the same series from the same publisher of an author.

Do you like your women this thick too?

>pure filth
Appropriate

why 6 copies of the hobbit

I fucking hate shelves arranged by size like this.

because fuck you that's why

Just started my shelf but I'm pretty happy with it so far.

Well meme'd

>Basic writings of Nietzsche
The cherry on top of this quality meme.

judge me, Veeky Forums