What country has the worst cuisine?

What country has the worst cuisine?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=onuRMxO3rg0
saveur.com/pepsi-rice-recipe
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

America. It will literally give you cancer! GMOs, chemicals, processed foods, and lumps of meat turned into charcoal unironically referred to as BBQ.

Russia, we've been over this.

> GMOs, chemicals, processed foods,

kys

England

Come on, jellied eel? raw meat? boiled goose? It's horrible shit

Refute my statements then, and stop being a buttblasted faggot.

American food will literally give you cancer unless your growing your own veggies/livestock (maybe not cows since you all have mad cow disease and chickens too because of bird flu so just stick to rabbits and hogs). I guess you could fish, but even your own government says not to eat it often because your lakes and rivers are polluted. Maybe hunting, but your deer are infected with CWD and boars are full of worms.

American standards for cheap food are really fucking low, but we also have some of the world's best restaurants and some fiercely good regional cuisines, so there's no way we're the world's worst cuisine overall. I nominate Costa Rica and the Netherlands.

Head cheese? Blood pudding?

Good traditional food.

This. Every other answer is just out of O B S E S S I O N
youtube.com/watch?v=onuRMxO3rg0

America is home of the McChicken.

>we also have some of the world's best restaurants
Like Olive Garden, Applebees, Red Robin, Outback Steakhouse, Hometown Buffet, Golden Coral, Perkins, and random Chinese Buffets?
>some fiercely good regional cuisines
Like chili spagheti, greasy NY pizza, Chicago lasgn..er I mean pizza, "Ghoulash", deep fried butter and other fair foods, etc.

ever had New England Clam Chowder?

Yeah and it's shit. Smash some tomotoes, mix with water, dump some clams and bring to a boil. Add the leftover GMO veggies from your compost pile to taste.

Manhattan chowder is tomato based not new England

Agree with the minus column, but you're way off on the plus column.
New England seafood cookery is a plus, as is various BBQ traditions, NYC Jewish Deli food, the best of Italian American cooking, Cajun and Creole cuisines, most of the New American movement, the Steakhouse at its finest and every Michelin starred place in the country.

Brazil
They make monkey soup and eat it everytime

Brazil has an OK cuisine, desu.
Pao de queijo is comfy and delicious as fuck.

>Refute my statements then

i don't deny that american food has lots of gmos, chemicals and processing. it's just not a bad thing and you're a retard if you think it is.

>raw meat

que

>boiled goose

que

always makes me lol when someone is trying to make food sound worse than it is by using disproportionately violent words to describe the process of making it

>just smash some fucking butter in the pot
>literally dumping onions into oil
>slop the sauce out on the plate
>butchering the fucking meat

youre in violation of rule 3 and deserve to be banned

>i don't deny that american food has lots of gmos, chemicals and processing. it's just not a bad thing and you're a retard if you think it is.
Your diet is going to literally give you stomach or colon cancer.

ever had any of the regions of BBQ?

Eurotrash detected. Try coming up with something more than a meme answer faggot

Then how come Denmark, France, Belgium, and Normway all have a much higher cancer rate than the US?

OBSESS

So are you saying that SOPA DE MACACO and cannibalism is good?

Can't wait till you go back to school.

It's not a meme answer. It is true.

>literally butchering the meat

>chemicals are bad

Number 1 way to spot a brainlet

>not an argument
I cannot wait for you to fuck off back to readdit.

In the developed world, the UK. It's not even in question, absolutely shit tier.

The slime tubes that they call sausages... Puke making, literally.

>Costa Rica
>worst food
I'm sincerely curious how anybody could think this. Costa Rica has beautiful produce, and simple yet delicious staples.

That's a really great way to describe food culture in America. I think you nailed it.

Meme as fuck.

Best- Italy, India, China

Worst- England, Canada, Russia

any protestant country

Of the places I've been (which is all of North America, Europe, Scandinavia, Japan and Australia, Greece Morocco and a little of Central America) Costa Rica was the place where the food was the most boring. Even in places like Norway or Scotland you can find something good to eat that's interesting. The only interesting food I could find in Costa Rica was a few Caribbean dishes on the Atlantic coast. The rest of it was all just bland beans and rice, tough meat and maybe some potato salad with beets in it. Or decent rotisserie chicken, which is good, but still not all that exciting. That and the Netherlands are really the only two places I've been where I got bored with the local food quickly. So they stand out to me as candidates for worst cuisine.

>
>>Costa Rica
>>worst food
>I'm sincerely curious how anybody could think this. Costa Rica has beautiful produce, and simple yet delicious staples.
I think it has to do with that hostel style of travel or something. I don't get it either. Poor folks who don't eat vegetables, or something.

Salsa Lizano > all other steaksauces, too.

Spent half of my life between Mexico and US.

Mexico has better restaurants, US has better home cooked meals (those Thanksgivings HOLY SHIT)

>The only interesting food I could find in Costa Rica was a few Caribbean dishes on the Atlantic coast.
I don't get this. Did you try to limit your food to only the traditional dishes? Did you research on tripadvisor or just eat where others ate? Some of the best dining experiences in the world can be had in a country with monied expats who dine out all the time. And, its a huge expat enclave. Fresh seafood, rainforest tropical fruits, farming galore and all zones. A restaurant will making soups daily, throwing starfruit and hearts of palm into the salsa because why not, picking limes off the tree, slaughtering your chicken right in the yard before roasting it. A lot of 5 star michelin type chefs from elsewhere with their dream restaurants in paradise, people trained in new orleans, france, and under top chefs, pocketed their dough and started out in paradise.

Even if you just ordered foods you'd order in the US, continental dishes, I feel like you'd find the produce tastes riper, the meat is fresher, the ingredients are just so farm to table fresh and homemade. I wonder if you were a child or very low budget. There is a ton of restaurants of every style, but just that everyone is so well done whether it be peruvians or french food in theme. Steak, like in argentina or brazil shouldnt be tough. That would indicate a cook that wouldn't stay in business when people dined there, so yea, your story doesn't sit well with me. San Jose even has a gastronomic district, for goodness sakes!

I like how you omitted Nanaimo bars and Tortiere which are GOAT.

>has some bad restaurants
>no way there can be any good ones because there are bad ones and good ones and bad ones cant in the same country so America bad because IM A FUCKING RETARD!

They don't die from heart disease before they're able to have it diagnosed by their functioning healthcare systems.

The U.S. people I know have shitty beige thanksgiving meals. Last year 3/8 at the table had type 2 diabetes. One of them is dead now.

>Did you research on tripadvisor
That sent me to Johnny's Pizza in Monteverde, where it looked like Connecticut and served OK pizza for tourist trap prices. The fried chicken I got in a plastic bag from a truck was more fun than that. I generally stay away from posh places when traveling because I tend do dislike paying tourist trap prices, and I don't really want to eat familiar food in the company of other tourists.

>I feel like you'd find the produce tastes riper, the meat is fresher,
The chicken was way better than in the US. Beef and pork were more flavorful, but not as tender. The seafood I had Caribbean style on the Atlantic coast was the best meals I had there over two visits.

I think the issue isn't the ingredients, but the culture itself. It's just not much of a food culture like say, Mexico is. You don't have as rich a culinary history or immigrant populations bringing in new ideas. So you end up riffing on the same thing over and over, and it's not all that exciting. The music suffers from the same problem. The only interesting local music I could beyond a reggae band on the Atlantic coast was some marimba players in off the beaten track (for tourists at least) bars. Cool, but that seemed to be the only local music going on. It felt like the Switzerland of Central America - their affluence compared to their neighbors resulted in a beautiful country, but with kind of a boring culture. But unlike the Swiss they're not rich enough to cover for that by just buying the best of everything, so it shows a lot more.

And don't get me wrong. I'm not saying the food is bad in Costa Rica. I'm just saying it was one of the hardest places I've been to find anything really good. I didn't have very high expectations for places like Germany, Ireland, or Scotland, but was pleasantly surprised in each. The vibe I got from Costa Rica was that it's a beautiful, civilized place with a boring culture, especially when it comes to food.

my man

Germany.

>I generally stay away from posh places when traveling because I tend do dislike paying tourist trap prices, and I don't really want to eat familiar food in the company of other tourists.
What, a place that is posh doesn't mean it is a tourist trap, they are not the same things at all. You sound cheap and not into good food experiences, honestly. Costa Rica is so cheap too.
I seek out posh places that are 1/10th of the prices of elsewhere such is the best of Costa Rica, oh so affordable on an international scale.
I hit up the Top 10 whenever I'm in Mexico City for instance, too. It's not like it has to be every meal, but in the restaurant world avoiding posh places isn't what a foodie would do for part of their trip, it's what a Real Traveler TM would do.
Try traveling when you don't hate spending money on fine dining sometime and seeking out good chefs.

Germany surprised me many times. Best bread and stuff to put on it in the world, which is why it's difficult to find examples of good German cooking beyond schnitzel, but you can find it if you look.

Shit, apparently we should stop importing Mexicans and bring in some folks from the EU for picking our fruit, because if this autist is any example, they can pick cherries like a motherfucker.

I live in NYC. I can do all the fine dining I want at home. In fact I did, and I'm really over it. When I travel I'd rather not rub elbows with the elite. I did more than enough of that here, and it's not all it's cracked up to be most of the time. I'll stick to more street level places when traveling. If a country doesn't have good street level places you can't say it has much of a food culture.

>Proud EU Citizen
>People still took the bait
Jesus christ.

>I'd rather not rub elbows with the elite
>Implying you've patronized NYC's best-of-the-best establishments where a bill is almost guaranteed to be north of $500 for one person
It's cute that you think you have just cause you're a new yorker though

In my 30's I had a very well paying job and freakishly cheap rent (before that came to an end and I bought my place). I ate at a lot of one star Michelin joints, and more than a few two star places back then. These days I get more excited about stuff like pupusas, hand pulled noodles or biang.

Head cheese is nice

Shepherd's pie, beef wellington, cornish pasties, mac n cheese, meat pies, fish n chips

I'm not saying it's the world's greatest, but there's no need to focus only on the awful stuff

Schnitzel is Austrian.

Butter tarts are awesome what's your problem op

for me, its the UK

>Dutch food
>Bad

S T R O O P W A F E L

Britain
>chip butty
>toast sandwich
>beans on toast
>star gazy pie
I could go on

Maybe so, but it's become as German as kebab.
I did not say Dutch food is bad. I just said the Netherlands were a difficult place to find an interesting bite to eat compared to other places I've been.

>why it's difficult to find examples of good German cooking beyond schnitzel, but you can find it if you look.
leberknudelsuppe mmm

But if you cherry pick the worst dishes from any cuisine it seems awful. You could say:
America:
>Skyline Chili 3-Way
>green bean casserole
>Chex Mix
See what I mean?

>The U.S. people I know have shitty beige thanksgiving meals

Thing is, traditional Thanksgiving meals consist mostly of indigenous ingredients. Turkey, cranberry and corn-based stuff. The standard American Thanksgiving meal is truer to native cuisine than just about anything served in modern-day Mexico. Maybe your food was beige until western Europeans improved it.

German bread is good by North American standards but average by European standards. Poland/Ukraine and France have better baked goods I found.

Also, Russia has the worst cuisine. I've actually been to Russia and ate local food. I travel a lot and always make sure to eat local food when I travel. If you spend 2-4 weeks in a country you can usually try a lot of different things and find some favourites and not get bored of a cuisine that you don't really eat back home. In Russia I basically gave up after a week of trying.

Green bean casserole is the only actual national American dish that you mentioned, you stupid fuck
Skyline chili and Chex Mix are a restaurant dish and a brand of snack respectively
Also >implying Chex Mix isn't the shit
Go suck on a teabag, britfag

What raw meat does England serve?

The fuck is your issue with Skyline chili 3-way...I can't get that shit, cause Canada, but holy o fuck I would if I could...
You must be a faggot...

>blood sausage
>black/blood pudding
>numerous other offal related "dishes"
Get your shit together, britbongs

USA easily.

What the fuck is up with you lumbermouths and baked beans? You consider that shit some kind of standard breakfast fare. God, English breakfast makes me want to heave

>Proud EU Citizen
Finally; a voice of reason appears.

Finnush food is either white or brown. I'm surprised it hasn't been mentioned yet.

I'm American, you idiots. I was just proving a point.
You are particularly an idiot, because green bean casserole and Chex mix have similar, particularly 20th Century American reasons for their popularity. They were recipes used to sell more convenience food products by using them as ingredients in other dishes that never existed before the convenience food product itself. Marvels of advertising and the corporate test kitchen.
Skyline chili is a great American story. Greek immigrant ends up working at a chili joint in Ohio, longs for a pasta dish from home. Recreates it with what's available and passes it off as chili because that's what is popular at the moment. Topped with pile of American cheese because that's the only cheese that was legal to sell during WWII.

They have great desserts tho.

NYfag is right, you can't defend the food culture by looking at high profile restaurants and famous chefs.

The whole point is to look at the food culture accessible and made by those who live in such a country, and spending a lot of money on fine dining isn't representative of that.

Thanks. If you're rich enough you live in a bubble, and eat well no matter where you are. I'm sure the food on a Linblad Expedition to the Antarctic is just fine. Actually I have a friend who has done that, and she said as much. In the rare occasions when the rich are stuck eating shitty food it's at least in an environment so exclusive that they don't mind. But looking at a culture in terms of food the top places can sometimes be misleading in more ways than one. When I was in Fez, Morocco the deliciousness of the food was almost inversely proportional to what I paid for it. Little cheap places in the medina were amazing, but the more upscale places served bland shit in opulent settings. A fine dining scene is kind of a must in any world class place, but if there's no good food at street level it's not much of a food culture. And if, like in NYC many of the rockstar chefs are looking at the street level food in the immigrant neighborhoods for inspiration for their fine dining places I'm at the point in my life where I'd rather just go to the places these chefs are eating at. I'm beyond caring about the rest of the trappings.

nailed it brother

>still implying chex mix isn't awesome
Green bean casserole isn't the worst thing ever either. Also you're not gonna find anybody that considers Chex Mix an American cuisine. It's a snack food made by a company. If you're gonna try to shit on American cuisine you could at least bring up the terrible obsession with aspic we had in the 50's-60's. But that's again, something from back in the day. Meanwhile you've got brits today eating their stupid toast sandwiches and bean toast and "chip" sandwiches.

>norwegian food
>literally just unsalted fish and potatos and shitty traditional tv dinners

Philipines.

Name good dutch food that isn't desert or cookies. Protip: you can't

Did you just misingredient my chowder, shitlord?

Stamppot with meatballs and jus is pretty tasty. Great when it's cold and rainy. Grillwurst is also wonderful. And the salads they have for sandwiches are simply joyful.

Second - except the"Philippine breakfast": dried fish, scrambled eggs, and garlic rice. I love that

I tried making hutspot recently and I've become fond of it. Simple but delicious. Boerenkool is also pretty good, even though it's basically just colcannon.

>Russia
Is this a joke? Russian food is a million times better than Italian. Rich soups, hearty meat and vegetable dishes, a million ways to make pancakes (sweet and savory) and a million more salads. Russian cuisine is the food of emperors. Italian food is peasant food.

But it does have a bit of a poor reputation, apart from stroganoff and borscht. Which other Russian dishes would you recommend? You seem to be quite a fan.

Haiti. Nothing quite like eating literal dirt as food.

but it's just so plain. at least everything i've ever seen. it's like medieval cuisine. really basic ingredients and overly reliant on stews and soups and boiled food in general. and they don't seem to use any spices besides salt. i like fish pate and caviar and other garbage like that but their dishes are weak imo

What the fuck

Excellent job of shifting those goalposts

Netherlands, believe me.

This

Filipino
saveur.com/pepsi-rice-recipe