What's the best one? I thought 8 was so god awful that I bought it...

What's the best one? I thought 8 was so god awful that I bought it. I know I won't be bothered by messing up this book by scribbling on it, tearing it or adding stickers on its pages.

1 and 3 are best 4 is fine too

I don't get they put a pumpkin colored skull in the Brazilian cover, but I dig it. It's better than those goofy clouds.

mine is 4

fucking plastic is freely peeling off the plain white cover, so I'll just have some pure white book at some point which I guess will be kinda cool looking.

Seven is disgusting.

>The book that changed the rules

What were they thinking?

>the book that changed the rules
huh

I like the British cover which is 4. Maybe I have some slight favouritism towards it because I own it but I think the cloud cover is pretty ugly

I own 4. Always thought it looked bland in comparison to 2 and 3 which I prefer, but 4 isn't ugly. Not as ugly as 6, 7 and 8.

mine is 5

5 is the best cloudcover desu

4 is really bad dude

>it's the color of tennis ball fuzz

wow i cannot believe how stupid some ppl are

lol shut up he's right

4 isn't that bad to be honest. The bottom row is just terrible in comparison to the top row.

Going to have to go with 3 and 4 are the best

>preferring altocumulus clouds over mammatus clouds
lmao what a pleb

but the colors are awful

i like the feel of 5. melancholy purple clouds.

They look exactly like the sky described at the end of the book.
Maybe you are the infinite jest

you should choose 3 for the ultimate meme experience

outta my way cloud fuckin shits

Where does 7 come from? It looks like some cheap self-published ebook

uk 10th anniversary paperback i believe

>lot of post-it notes! You get it? Because there are notes on the book :D
Trash

3 is the best
it should be the image of our sticky

>la broma infinita
Why

I do like the French cover

Boring and generic.

Because it's a translation?

Because we sure want a boogy-woogy fabulous cover for IJ.

3 is obviously the best.

8 is awful but it's what I got (when I ordered a new #3)

>translations
half if the book's comedy would be lost on a French person because of how entangled with American culture it is
not to mention all the phonetic slang
not even worth reading most likely

8 is actually perfect

That was my thought yeah, friends offered me the French version, but i felt like i couldn't dive into this kind of books without the original text.
I worked in a bookshop and IJ sold like shit in France even thought it took years for it to be published.

>Not understanding the reference to the multiple and pivotal scenes where clouds are present and mentioned in crucial context to IJ's narrative themes
Embrace cover design that is faithful instead of hot
>not the case of companhia das letras
>Só porque alguém folheou as primeiras páginas e leu que o livro tinha referências vagas ao Hamlet decidiu que uma caveira era uma uma escolha fixe

they get progressively worse

In Italy they kept the english title (it's 5)

the third one from the left on the top row was the one I read for the first time. still my favorite.

>the third one from the left on the top row
you do realize the editions are numbered right

It's a skull-shaped videotape, you idiot. Not bad.

The only time clouds come up that I can remember is the decor in CT's office. What am I forgetting?

I think there's some descriptions of the sky outside the bathroom window when Joelle ODs. There's also the first section in which Hal's perspective of the sky is described while he's being put in the ambulance.

I haven't finished IJ yet but those are two off the top of my head. Also, not that user.

That's fucking ridiculous, though.

These are the first drafts for the Brazilian edition. I prefer the clean skull-tape.

5 without any fucking doubt. Italians=Aesthetics.

1 is best, 3 is good too
Everything else is shit and if you think otherwise then you, too, are shit

6 and 8 because they actually have something to do with the plot.

It's not a requirement for the book cover to be plot related but better than a generic, mspaint-esque backgrounds that most of the others have. Also the skull one from bazil is decent.

I own 3 and love it senpai

4 and 8, by far.

5 > 3 > 2 > 8 > 1 > 7 > 6 > 4

Do you mean the end at the beginning or the end at the end?

There are no thematic connections with clouds. At least nothing significant.

3 is the most aesthetic

>le infinite comedy

I laughed harder than I have since 2nd grade reading this and I don't know why (I know everything but let's just say)

i had number 2.
bought it when it came out, I think.
no idea where it is now.

Amazingly, this is also my ranking for JoJo parts.

1. alright
2. fucking awful
3. shit
4. mediocre to shit
5. very good
6. alright
7. fucking awful
8. alright

t. hobbyist graphic designer who doesn't know shit really

How come no one posted this cover?

I like 4 a lot.

The thin lines come together to create a bigger, more abstract line, just like how the narrative is written in such a way that parts of individual scenes opaquely form a larger story.

#4 is the thinking man's cover.

I always imagined cartridges to look like Gameboy Color carts

I have 4, I like 4

>'An actual genius... My literary hero' - Jaden Smith
Really makes you think

4 is horrible, end of discussion.

well I prefer 2 but I like 4

a bit pulpy but i like it

Unironically top right (4)

I'm prepared to fight

5 is pretty nice

I had never actually seen that one before

///SPOILERS///
There are multiple instances where characters (Steeply comes to mind) refer to things - depression and addiction specifically - 'coming out of the blue' (he even discusses this english expression with Marathe who close to the end of the novel even has a conversation with Kate G. who is telling an anecdote and he mispronounces this expression)
>He wasn’t thinking of a drink and then all of a sudden he thinks of a drink. This guy.’
‘Out of a blue place, in one flashing instant.’
‘Exactly. But the insanity is after all this time in hospitals and losing his business and his wife because of drinking he suddenly gets it into his head that one drink won’t hurt him if he puts it in a glass of milk.
There is a scene that i can't find on my copy because I didn't mark it but It was about some character relating that depression came to here assuming the form of a cloud as she was looking at some air vent. I think there was some mention of violins or something (she was a violinist?)

Anyway these are the most relevant scenes where he uses BLUE, WHITE, SKY,CLOUD images.
P.16 - Hal is on the ambulance after DMZ incident at the end of the novel.
>The jet’s movement and trail seem incisionish, as if white meat behind the blue were exposed and widening in the wake of the blade. I once saw the word KNIFE finger-written on the steamed mirror of a nonpublic bathroom.
P.239 Joelle is overdosing
>pale blue smoke from the elephant-colored rubble of ash and little blackened chunks in the foil funnel’s cone, the smoke’s baby-blanket blue that’s sent her sliding down along the wall past knotted washcloth, towel rack, blood-flower wallpaper and intricately grimed electrical outlet, the light sharp bitter tint of a heated sky’s blue that’s left her uprightly fetal with chin on knees in yet another North American bathroom
P.240 Joelle's overdose cont. the last bit of the chapter
>and is knelt vomiting over the lip of the cool blue tub, gouges on the tub’s lip revealing sandy white gritty stuff below the lacquer and porcelain, vomiting muddy juice and blue smoke and dots of mercuric red into the claw-footed trough, and can hear again and seems to see, against the fire of her closed lids’ blood, bladed vessels aloft in the night to monitor flow, searchlit helicopters, fat fingers of blue light from one sky, searching.
P.509 - Hal is in a ETA waiting room after Eschaton incident
>“The following things in the room were blue. The blue checks in the blue-and-black-checked shag carpet. Two of the room’s six institutional-plush chairs, whose legs were steel tubes bent into big ellipses(...)“Though the magazines’ coffeetable was nonblue — a wet-nail-polish red with E.T.A. in a kind of gray escutcheon — two of the unsettlingly attached lamps that kept its magazines unread and “neatly fanned were blue, although the two blue lamps were not the lamps attached to the two blue chairs.

cont.
(excuse a fail in the previous post, Marathe's dialog was supposed to be greentexted)
It's difficult trying to search, copy paste and edit text in a 2X2cm window on your computer.

And but so

P.509 - Hal is on the ambulance after DMZ incident at the end of the novel
>And also the overenhanced blue of the wallpaper’s sky, which the wallpaper scheme was fluffy cumuli arrayed patternlessly against an overenhancedly blue sky, incredibly disorienting wallpaper that was by an unpleasant coincidence also the wallpaper in the Enfield offices of a Dr. Zegarelli, D.D.S., which Hal’s just come back from, after a removal.
this last bit is arguably the most important because it is here you realize there is a conscious intention by DFW to use these images in a lot of scenes (regardless of my personal interpretation)
>No one’s sure what C.T.’s choice of this wallpaper is supposed to communicate, especially to parents who come with prospective kids in tow to scout out E.T.A., but Hal loathes sky-and-cloud wallpaper because it makes him feel high-altitude and disoriented and sometimes plummeting.

There is the mention of ETA's past and present alumni's pictures being hung on these walls and then there is a huge footnote describing these pictures.

1, 2 and 3 better than SBR?
awful taste

>There is a scene that i can't find on my copy because I didn't mark it but It was about some character relating that depression came to here assuming the form of a cloud as she was looking at some air vent. I think there was some mention of violins or something (she was a violinist?)
I think you're conflating Geoffrey Day and Kate Gompert, specifically their conversation on p. 649 where Day describes his depression

>'As the two vibrations combined, it was as if a large dark billowing
shape came billowing out of some corner in my mind. I can be no more
precise than to say large, dark, shape, and billowing, what came flapping
out of some backwater of my psyche I had not had the slightest inkling was
there.'

Yes exactly, thanks for pointing the page out, now I can get to it easily

reddit tier "witty" cover

3 has tons of misprints on the inside

jsut as DFW intended [sic]

>Skull is top three symbol in book referenced all the time
>doesn't get why it might be on cover