How long until humanity runs at odds with an intergalactic or interdimensional peacekeeper...

How long until humanity runs at odds with an intergalactic or interdimensional peacekeeper? What are the chances that we'd win a confrontation?

What level is our technology during this encounter?
Because at the moment, we'd be utterly fucking blown out of the cosmos.

Let's assume we have 100 colonies, otherwise why would anyone care about us.

Zero chance. First to create AI autowins. Also look up exponential growth.

wouldn't exponential growth be an advantage for us? we have no idea how other civs would function

Why would AI want to grow? Seems like you're projecting.

Exponential growth gives all the advantage to the first species that creates AI. You can't really catch up, ever. If humans are the first sentient species in the whole universe, then we will win.

It's not like two or more species will have a similar technological standing. Universe is too old and evolution of intelligence too rare for that to happen. It's basically rocks vs godmode. Anything in-between is just a blink of an eye in geological time scales.

I'm not saying AI wants to do anything. We will use AI to advance science and technology. We will also us it to make self-replicating robotic workers. Exponential growth in these endeavours will mean that we will soon hit max level.

no guarantee that tech has no ceiling

SIEG FUCKING ZEON

Humanity will win because we are ordained by god.

Even if it has no ceiling, the first one wins due to exponential growth in research capability.

what if humanity has hit the ceiling already when they confronts another civ that has also hit the ceiling?

You would need to be a ceiling hitter to answer that.

It's possible that you could just annihilate the entire universe or selected portions of it by a press of a button so that anyone who pushes first wins the war.

I don't find it likely that there would be spaceship armadas. Something along the lines of relativistic weapons maybe. But we can't really know yet how it will work.

It's also very possible that there can only be one civ that has reached the ceiling and it actively keeps others from reaching the same level by either annihilating them or manipulating their research or something.

it won't ever happen it seems to me. Why bother spending hundreds/thousands/millions of years sending a ship to Earth, and it's not like they would have any support form the rest of their species for another 2(hundred/thousand/million) years

I don't even understand the question. An "intergalactic peacekeeper" would be obviously specialized in eliminating any kind of advanced civilization. Literally the only way we will survive more than a day is when they decide to keep earth perfectly intact.

>Max level

>Soon

What is she doing?

Trying to whistle. Don't tell me you never did this? Try it without the grass, if you do it properly it sounds like an owl. If you put a piece of grass and do it properly, sounds like a whistle.

It's really loud, and if you do the right thing with your hands and mouth, making the sound start really high and drop quickly you can draw in a horny male elk during rut season. Actually, after listening to some elk noises on youtube it might not matter what noise you make with the grass blade. If you actually do call in a horny male elk, be aware they can get close to 1000 lbs. If it wants you it will have you. It also might get mad you're not a lady elk like military guys do when they find out they brought home a ladyboy.

"Soon" is a relative term but I do think hitting max level does happen quite soon compared to what most people would think. Not saying we are getting close to max currently but that when we get AI it won't take that long because research will be super fast after that.

There maybe some millions of scientists and engineers on this planet but most don't do research. The ones that do, don't do it 24/7. I don't know how many research-hours are being performed but I bet it's way lower than what a billion or a trillion AIs would be accomplishing. Many orders of magnitude difference.

that's one intense blow job

Then AI obliterates us with its army of terminators because it realized that humans are good for nothing meatbags

I really enjoy a nice blowjob

Never. Read the Bible and go to /pol/ Christian generals.

we'd meet pirates long before peacekeepers got here

>yfw you realized the speed of intergalactic travel will never exceed C
>yfw humanity will never contact species from outside the solar system
>yfw humanity is doomed never to leave Earth

Why does speed matter that much? Relativity allows for your local time to slow down. If you could build a spaceship that accelerates at 1 G you could travel to the ends of the universe in about 50 years (your years). (although not the parts that will expand away FTL or at high speeds).

Tech will allow you to live forever and probably allow to change your perception of the passage of time.

VR will allow you to visit other planets without all the hassle.

Races, if there are others out there (I doubt it, multiverse will have 'em though but can't travel between those) can also be contacted using probes. Von Neumann probes can map the local cluster in a few million years.

0%

>yfw you realized the speed of intergalactic travel will never exceed C
how do you know?

>Yfw you forget about LIGO
>Yfw we can build inter-dimensional transporters

>yfw you realize you can exceed the speed of light, but this happens only on quantum scales
>yfw the human race is not technologically stagnant