EEK THAT BANANA HAS BROWN SPOTS IT'S ROTTEN THROW IT AWAY

>EEK THAT BANANA HAS BROWN SPOTS IT'S ROTTEN THROW IT AWAY

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RFDOI24RRAE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i hate the taste of ripe/overripe bananas. they need a lil' green on 'em.

Truly the patrician way.
But still, throwing out bananas with brown spots is just wasteful and picky.

True, but overripe bananas are good for cooking/baking.

>too poor to afford fresh food
Didn't know life is that bad in europe.

I live with a raw vegan and she gets a massive box of bananas that are on the verge of turning over ripe for £10 and stores them in our garage. Every time I walk into the garage I gag from the stench and she ends up throwing most of them away because she bought trash in bulk

The best time to eat a banana is when it's still got that little green tinge around the stem.

I do that but I peel and freeze them when they're ripe so I have some always available.

Also not raw fad vegan. Just whole food vegan. High nutrient density eating is gud.

This. If they get overripe but you don't want to bake immediately, pop em in the freezer. They stay good practicaly forever that way, but you have to use them as soon as you defrost them. Makes GOAT banana bread.

>Yay! Banana bread!

Banana bread is just an excuse to make cake. Most of the sugar isn't from bananas. With 100% of the hydration from bananas, it's not nearly as sweet as most people want banana bread to be. I make mine that way and use it as regular bread. 400 grams bananas ~ 300 grams water.

That squiggle means "approximately", btw ;)

I'm sure she does that and she even gives me a bunch weekly and I freeze them for banana ice-cream but we currently have limited freezer space. If we had a chest freezer then it would be a bargain and no stenches , but during summer I have to deal with that and the flies

>Throwing them away
>Not making it into a smoothie

You could dehydrate them? Make banana beer?

:D

>stop by white suburb's annual celebration
>not even the smoothie stand has ripe bananas

v(^_^)v

Not knowing the banana song
youtube.com/watch?v=RFDOI24RRAE

If i don't eat any bananas that have turned too brown, i freeze them and make smoothies or banana bread with them later.
Really damn good, recommend it if you won't eat them otherwise.

amateur common sense tip: slice frozen bananas before putting in blender so they don't just bounce around on top of the blade

I cant be the only one who waits till they're kinda like this and sucks out the brown parts

>she gets a massive box of bananas that are on the verge of turning over ripe for £10 and stores
does she compost them?

That's a lot of misinformation from one anthropomorphic banana.

Everything she said was correct though. Only white people are dumb enough to insist on eating unripe bananas.

He said she was a vegan, she's too fucking dumb to think of that.

>sucks out the brown parts

We have those types of bins but they usually end up in the green trash bin (for food/garden waste) instead

Ive thought about getting some brewing equipment before, if I get some I will try it

They're much better when they're spotted. Softer and sweeter. They taste like grass when they're not yet ripe.

>Tfw working in hotel and some arab spring fucker tries to tell me we're serving rotten food cause the bannana's got speckles and the oranges got soft spots
>also claimed in his review he was being picked on for being Arab when our system automatically authorized his card to cover his complete stay
>like it always does

Seriously though people wasting the bannanas drives me nuts

Next time don't be so racist to the goatfucker?

this

grass is delicious

Brown bananas smell and have the aftertaste of nail varnish
Those are for pbj sandwiches
Green but yellow bananas don't have much flavor, but are sweet enough for milkshakes and snack eating

isn't it a little late for cowposting, you dumb cute slut?

velvet underground & nico is the GOAT

Just cut off the brown parts.

I had someone look at me weird when I was eating a banana in the break room at work. Because I didn't wash my banana before eating it.

not really

I once sang this song to my mother when she argued that brown spots are sign of rot.
My mom actually only eats pure green bananas though and doesn't like them yellowed at all.