Writing APPS

what are some good writing programs i just set up thinkpad t430

Other urls found in this thread:

epubfilereader.com/
vim-voom.github.io/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Don't die on me now faggots

I know it's a bit late, but I personally use Stylewriter 4 for my novels. It is basically like grammarly on steroids and not cancerous

i use libreoffice if i'm feeling fancy

i usually just use notepad

which novels did you write?

I have 5 published right now and one more that will be published in about a week or so, after I put it through the final edits. I actually just started a thread on it, but here's a summary if you're interested and have time to kill:
Edison Elder wanted nothing more from life than to escape the commoner class. While it was in better standing than the peasants, there was still no opportunity to advance or become successful. There was only a single opportunity to escape its life ending grasp- to take a Deal and become a Gamer. The subject of great awe and envy, Gamer teams could adventure as they wished, completing jobs for the kingdom to grow in fame, power, and riches. At the age of sixteen, children of all ages and classes were sent to an Awakening Chamber, a room where hopes came true or shattered instantly within the timespan of a single Dream. Some unlucky souls never fell asleep, and left the room with crushed spirits and a lost future. Those that had the luck to enter a Dream were offered an ultimatum- take the Deal offered to them by the strange race of curious creatures called the Beings and receive powers beyond their comprehension, or deny the Deal and join those that had failed to enter the Dream in the first place.

Edison gets the first half right, but the Being that stepped forth to offer him a Deal had other plans for him. Given the choice between great power at the cost of his own death, or leaving the room as a commoner, Edison found himself trapped between failure and the ultimate price- his own demise. However, The Being had overlooked a crucial detail. Through a morally questionable loophole, Edison survives the Deal, but leaves the room a broken man.

In the aftermath of the damage done by Edison's choice, the Kingdom of Caldan awakens in panic after an assassination within the Awakening Chamber. As the kingdom desperately searches for the culprit, Edison was assigned to a Gamer team. Through a stroke of luck - or misfortune - Edison and his team were assigned to track down the assassin that killed the Prince of Caldan, starting all three of the new Gamers on a job that the world would never forget.

so basically you write YA?

Yep. I'd say it would be targeted a little above standard YA novels since my MC is legitimately a dick with very few redeeming qualities, but that's the gist of it.

This is probably a stupid question, but what program do you use to read .epub files? I don't have any Apple devices to put them on.

epubfilereader.com/

>No timestamp

Sorry, newfag here. Why are you asking for a timestamp?

You must prove you are this lettered, red haired woman.

Gjots2 is a no frills god tier editor, if you know what I mean. Else, use LyX, another god tier editor most used for academic papers because is a LaTeX editor.

Calibre all the way, but just read on your tablet user.

I am most definitely not a woman. Perhaps you misread something I wrote, or I just didn't come off correctly? I'm just a random poster that has written some books.

Vim

scum

Vim could be used to write big novels with the right addon thou, and I know which one.

do tell

where do you live and describe your lifestyle please

vim-voom.github.io/
If, and I really mean IF, you understand and use an outliner for writing stories, this is pretty good.

An easier alternative is Gjots2.

Emacs

Timestamps are necessary for us to believe that what you say is in fact the truth. A timestamp with a small script or anything alike will suffice. No need to show your face. After said timestamp is provided, actual questions and maybe memes will ensue. Who knows? Maybe we'll get a good discussion going on.

Sure you meant "emacs with org mode".

I'm the USA and a student. I'm in engineering but I spend my spare time writing.

>he fell for the chinkpad meme
>he fell for the hobby os made by autism meme
>he fell for the 40 year old lisp virtual machine made for developing itself meme
>he fell for the 40 year old text editor made for remote editing over a 300 baud connection meme