WOW

youtube.com/watch?v=jFxWXbdqGIg

MARX IS DEAD

Will he ever recover?

>righties criticize lefties for being a bunch of safe-spacing echo chambering ideologues
>while watching these echo chamber safe space ideology videos

really.....

makes you think!

More like the School of LIEfe

>no communist country has ever been at the forefront of giant leaps in technology

the soviets were the first in space. I mean, I'm not commie, but god damn this guy's argumentation is grade school level.

that's engineering
but ussr was pretty good in math and science as well

Will Marxists ever recover from this devastating critique?

This is what bugs me about anti-communist arguments. They're hardly ever intelligent points. Capitalists don't go around citing Adam Smith or learning extensive, intellectual, pro-capitalist arguments (largely because most of them suck, but also because capitalists don't bother critically examining the system they admire so much).

To be a capitalist all you need is to accept the status quo as it is and watch a few dumbass Steven Crowder videos.

To be a communist you have to actually read and learn things and critically examine everything. A major philosopher, journalist, economist, and social scientists isn't the same as fucking Steven Crowder. That's like comparing Freud with Dr. Oz.

both are total faggots

Sounds like you have to force yourself into an ideology desu senpai.
A capitalist will say that Mao and Stalin proved that Communism should not be tried ever again. That's, from an empirical point of view, the strongest argument because facts trump theory.

>A capitalist will say that Mao and Stalin proved that Communism should not be tried ever again. That's, from an empirical point of view, the strongest argument because facts trump theory.
But that's a shitty anti-intellectual argument.

>the roman republic was incompetent and murderous
>republicanism is an empirically failed form of government

Empiricism trumps theory. Always.

Read the Gulag Archipelago, 5 pages in:
"For several decades political arrests were distinguished in our country precisely by the fact that people were arrested who were guilty of nothing and were therefore unprepared to put up any resistance whatsoever."
"These quotas might be filled on an orderly basis or wholly arbitrarily. In 1937 a woman came to the reception room of the Novocherkassk NKVD to ask what she should do about the unfed unweaned infant of a neighbor who had been arrested. They said: "Sit down, we'll find out." She sat there for two hours — whereupon they took her and tossed her into a cell. They had a total plan which had to be fulfilled in a hurry, and there was no one available to send out into the city — and here was this woman already in their hands!"

This is political and ideological failure. Arresting unjustly people to fill quotas is what happens. Look at the consequences of the ideology rather than just making intellectual claims that "it can work if enough people do it".

>the roman republic was incompetent and murderous
>republicanism is an empirically failed form of government

Oh look, another communist acting as a broken record. What a surprise.

what's a communist?

Being a communist is stupid but being conservative is even worse

The German's were the first in space...

>Capitalists don't go around citing Adam Smith or learning extensive, intellectual, pro-capitalist arguments (largely because most of them suck, but also because capitalists don't bother critically examining the system they admire so much).

Accept for, you know, the entirety of the Austrian and Chicago schools of economics... and basically ever other non-marxist economist for the last century and a half. Try taking your head out of your ass for once.

Actually Turks were the first in space.

>Austrian school
>Intellectual arguments

No it was two Americans and a Frenchman.

Sorry comrade I forgot only commies can be intellectual. While at the same time not being the establishment. Sorry comrade.

I'm not a communist.

>While at the same time not being the establishment
What did he mean by this?

Good for you.

What did I mean by that? Do you also have the same victim complex?

>Do you also have the same victim complex?
What did he mean by this?

I haven't watched the video yet but I have the feeling that Crowder only conceives of Marx as something to be pulled down as a totem of the enemy team. Boring exercise. The new rightist populism seemed invigorating to me before but's tiring me out now.

He makes some good points.

school of life is garbage

Commies have a victim complex...

why do we discuss youtoobers here? They're the complete antithesis of literature (image and soundbite orientated media format).

>debunking an ideology by analyzing a youtube video explaining a figure you've never read before

>Debunking Karl Marx and communism at large in 16 minutes

Yeah, not gonna watch it

I sincerely doubt that Steven Crowder has read a word of Marx.

this

this

>Russia is wrecked by WWII
>further wrecked by the demands of Cold war

>DUDE COMMUNISMS FAULT

>Veeky Forums

Don't try to make a historical argument for communism please, it's just pathetic
The theoretical arguments have some weight to them, but not this

He's talking about normies dummy. Marxist normies are still expected to study all this shit. Pro-capitalist normies always use the worst arguments that any honest economist would laugh at.

e.g. capitalism has existed forever, capitalism is voluntary etc.

>louder with crowder

That only makes it better. Someone like Marx deserves to be slandered.

>most

The word "most"--that's what you missed here. You thought I meant "All capitalists ever" but really, I clearly, specifically, said "most capitalists." Some rare academic schools of thought have tried (and failed) to debunk Marx rationally. MOST people who call themselves capitalists don't use rational arguments, they use silly nonsense things like "Mao killed a billion cajillion people".

>louder
>chowder

How would a communist society deal with people like that? Would they just be developed normally from a young age and so wouldn't exist?

>commie societies invaded/bombed/sanctioned/embargoed from day one
>lol, commies so poor

To be fair... if commies were so great, they'd be the ones doing it. But they ain't.