Why did Starbucks become popular. It is known for that burnt flavor...

Why did Starbucks become popular. It is known for that burnt flavor. I realize its convenient now that a billion stores exist, but until that?

The good name attracted the right jews in advertising.

>The quality of a chain never goes down when it expands from the initial store

>make getting coffee a luxury experience
>QTs working at baristas
>serving a drug without any restrictions
>morning routines for many people are sacred and hard to break

>QT baristas

Doesn't hurt. When I'm at the mall I'm almost tempted to to walk into Ambercrombie store. I know I'd never buy anything but they always hire 10/10 bitches.

>Ambercrombie store

what are you even supposed to do? ask teh QTs what shirt would look good on you?

Well they ring up your sale... But yeah that'd be pretty stupid and is why I said I'm tempted, as in think about it but ultimately don't. In case English isn't your native language.

I used to kind of like their coffee too. Now it just tastes awful

Good quality coffee and espresso drinks were simply not available in most of the country. Starbucks wasn't all that good, but they were so much better than the standard in most places that they filled a niche. Then to continue the expansion they morphed into the upscale alternative to Dunkin Donuts.

What I don't understand is how they could expand to continental Europe. You get better coffee pretty much anywhere else.

Morbid curiosity about American things, I guess. I have no idea why you guys manage to keep McDonald's open in your countries, but they're there nonetheless. I think many Europeans secretly like trashy American shit, they just don't like to admit it.

Seems reasonable

>he buys fast food coffee

pleb

With McDonald's I think it's a combination of several factors:
1. They were the first American restaurant chain in Europe, and thus for many people the first time they came into contact with "Amercian food", or burgers more specifically. So they were sorta grandfathered in.

2. They are really fucking cheap, even compared to street food.

3. McDonald's restaurants are often the only thing that's still open at 2-5 am, so if you're drunk and hungry, there's often literally no other option.

So I kinda get how stuff like McDonald's, Subway or Dunkin' Donuts can kinda fill a niche even in Europe, but Starbucks I just don't get.

While they used to be something of a prestige brand, today Starbucks isn't all that different from a Subway or a Dunkin Donuts. Just one with an espresso machine.

In my city Starbucks is mostly filled with tourists and hipsters who simply like the fact that they can afford overpriced coffee.

pull your head out of the sand. people are not defined by the magic lines they were born inside. if people didn't like star bucks it would fail. acting like Europeans are on some pedestal is only damaging your own mental health.

>why is it popular?
pick one or more: taste, availability, ease, selection, atmosphere.

you don't like franchises, get over it already.

I don't understand why don't people just make their own coffee. Doesn't everyone own a coffee maker? It costs like $15, it may taste worse but it ain't bad.

there are a few areas of the USA that cannot/will not support McDonalds

If affluent white people like what you are selling, you're gonna do just fine

Most of the areas in that picture that have no McDonald's logo are extremely sparsely populated though... If there are no people there then of course the area can't support a McDonalds.

I'd love to be the delivery driver for this McDonalds. That must be such a long and comfy ride

looks like a fedora sitting on top of Maine.

M'aine

They're everywhere and they marketed themselves as what smart metropolitan people drink.

Yeah, the mountains and the desert.

>I have no idea why you guys manage to keep McDonald's open in your countries
yuros aren't magical elves who are immune to trashy greasy food, artistic works of fiction and falsehood.

Dazbog master race reporting in.

Of course not. But America was the early adopter of industrialized food production, and after the Depression and WWII we were happy with all kinds of poor quality shit as long as it was cheap and abundant. European countries with more developed food cultures and less money to industrialize as quickly were generally resistant to lesser quality food because they were used to better. This has changed over the years, but places like Spain, Italy and France still hold on to a lot of traditionally produced foods. I would think when you have that kind of food shit like McDonald's is just a novelty, not a day to day thing like it is in the US for a lot of people.

I didn't 'get' starbucks coffee until i had one of their pastries with a cup of it. Something about it pairs better with sweets than any other coffee I've tried, which, considering what the typical person orders there, explains everything.