What are the long-term implications of vilifying white people?

What are the long-term implications of vilifying white people?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/09/donald-trump-white-house-hillary-clinton-liberals
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

White people say "fuck it" and become actual villains.

we can only hope

8 years of Trump then another 8 years of whoever he chooses as his successor. So we should encourage anti-whiteness.

>Here is the scary truth: This is the election in which a vocal minority of white people began to see themselves as a minority, and to act as a self-conscious minority group, with interests that are separate from those of other ethnicities. White Republicans have voted that way before, but with more subtlety. Trump traded the party’s dog whistles for a bullhorn. The white nationalists who emerged to cheer him on were just a fraction of his support, but the worldview they articulate resonated with many Trump voters, even if they weren’t quite ready to articulate it.

Joan Walsh, The Nation

Also Huntington is important in this analysis, as is Fukuyama in regards to tribalism and perceived culture war. Essentially, if you play Identity politics in a country that is 70% white with a black population that is socially regressive and conservative and a sizeable catholic latino population (legals), you are going to get crushed.

Also OP, if you are going to make a thread, at least link a fucking book.

I'm aware of the /pol image and I apologize in advance

Nigger I'm studying for my master's. As if I have time to read political hogwash on the side (especially when all you posted is just standard Veeky Forums race realism sentiment in a more academic tone).

Mixing of races and gradual annihilation of the concept of race altogether

Nah its cool, its not inherently /pol/

But it's not the annihilation of the concept of race; it's the concept of race strengthened.

>Be white
>Don't feel villified in the slightest

Eh

>Reductio ad Hitlerum

>hogwash

Your anti-intellectual attitude is garbage, and "hurr im going to school I cant read" is an argument made by undergrads\ girls studying sociology who drink too much.

but here is a liberal hack saying the same thing.
theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/nov/09/donald-trump-white-house-hillary-clinton-liberals

In not so many words "if you want to play identity politics, be prepared for identity politics"

Literally /pol/ in all its cringiness

I'm speaking about the product not the mechanism

An excellent letter published in the atlantic

not literature

I just took this test.

A-anybody else get 99% turbulence?

That guy is a solid American.

Fukuyama even notes this in The End of History and the Last Man. There's a part in that book where he says that the struggle of the civil rights movement was the effort by black Americans to be recognized as "Americans", but that the advocacy of the late 80s and early 90s was for black people to be recognized as "Black Americans", who took issue with or rejected "white values", and he warns that this could be a problem for liberal democracy.

>What are the long-term implications of vilifying white people?

angry, self-aggrandising, self-pitying neets scapegoating non-whites for their own, personal inadequacies

This is what happens when you constantly spout off about white privilege and when you celebrate demographic change. A major part of the left's platform is to bring in more non-white immigrants to vote for them.

Is it really that unreasonable for white people to be a little concerned? Maybe if white people weren't always told to feel guilty just for being white, they wouldn't start developing a racial identity.

whiteboi goes quietly into the dark

Political Decay points out at the end that liberal splintering has significantly hurt unions and workers rights legislation.

Also, pic related. I am not a fan of the "those were my votes!" argument, but a consensus candidate instead of a party faithful whos turn it was would have been much better if the democrats had actually seen trump as what he was.

There was a major change in how we see race. Since the end of the civil rights movement, most of us were just told "don't judge people by their skin color, judge them as individuals". I think this is great advice, and it was working out great; racial relations steadily improved each decade since the civil rights movement (with some blips in the early 90s).

But since around the mid 2000s the message suddenly changed into stuff about identity politics and white guilt.

This might seem sophomoric, but I think the OJ Simpson Trial and Rodney King events were that exact turning point.

The "end zone" celebration of blacks over the release of an obvious murderer alienated moderates everywhere.

What are the long-term implications of insistent shitposting?

op clearly is not a board regular. He could have pulled an NYRB and found a book that mirrored his opinion, and made the post kosher. as is it will be deleted no matter how many books are cited.

>Political Decay points out at the end that liberal splintering has significantly hurt unions and workers rights legislation.

I agree with this, the Democrats essentially abandoned labor issues after the Clinton triangulation, and their own efforts at curbing illegal, and even legal, immigration, were stunted by the fact that they had brought Wall Street and various advocacy groups, ones which were opposed not just to limiting legal immigration but to immigration enforcement in general, into their coalition. I don't particularly care for Chris Hedges, but he is correct in The Death of the Liberal Class that greed and social separation has been disastrous for America.

>tfw INTJ masterrace