Eternal /coffee/ thread

How was that first cup today, lads and lasses?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TNlxTkudLYk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You're a pleb if you use a machine.

Ive been living with my parents because summer break
I forgot how shitty my moms coffee is

Although I agree, let's keep this thread comfy, m8.
Back in college, I worked at the cafeteria and we had a ton of unused machines and presses, took it upon myself to master them all. I miss college :(

Shite. I ran out of good coffee and used some pre-gound stuff a friend gave me for my birthday... months ago. Coffee is coffee, though.
>pic related

Is this the tea thread?

That one aight bad, that brand makes a chocolate flavored one that is absolute trash. Stay away from it.

This was my first semester away from home and i miss living by myself so much. As strange as it sounds i really miss having to cook my own meals and shit. I love my moms cooking but the struggle was fun

I know that feel. I didn't get a kitchen in my dorm until my sophomore year. Very much perferred that living arrangement (with one roommate) than with parents and family. After graduating I never went back home.

the fuck is that ugly monster
>first cup
thanks for the reminder though, long ass night and I'm not even remotely thinking straight

You're a megapleb if you don't eat the beans directly.

My setup

Today, I went for the Bomba instead

>not snorting them whole
lmao get a load of this mouth babby

had my first starbucks drink that wasnt the cold brew

tried the caramel macchiato. wew man what the fuck. its just syrup. and its really harsh on my mouth. hurts my tongue, gums, and teeth. fucking utter garbage.

The vanilla sweet cream coldbrew with half the sweet cream is pretty alright. Same with the Green Tea Latte with an extra scoop of matcha. Everything else that isn't straight is sugar trash

Started taking bottles of cold brew to work. Makes the day slightly more bearable, until I run out.

you can ask for half the sweet?

You can ask for pretty much anything, really. But yeah, half sweet; you can even ask for no water in the black tea, which is great because they water that down to hell and back

mcdonald's unflavored iced coffee, add 4 extra liquid sugars and 5 creamers, shot of espresso

less than $2.50 after tax and every 5th or 6th is free with the app

shit I got a headache, finna go get one right now

>kitchen in a dorm

wtf? you sure it wasn't an apartment?

i take so little coffee infrequently one small cup is enough to get me wired

I'm taking a coffee break right now and four days in, I'm met with headaches and extreme drowsiness daily. It's pretty unpleasant overall, but clearly needed to be done if I'm getting withdrawal like this

Jesus, d00d. How much coffee were you drinking?

its your stomach you idiot.

what the fuck am i even looking at? just get a moka pot you pretentious faggot

I'm pretty sure I make better coffee than you do.

>overpacked
>braun or some shit
>probably came out of a capresso grinder

That's not over packed, asshole. That's perfect for the extraction and temperature I was shooting for. You don't really make coffee much, huh? A gentle pack is done with your wrist.

here you go, shithead.

youtube.com/watch?v=TNlxTkudLYk

You see the same tamping tool? Yeah.

I have literally never seen a portafilter packed all the way to the lip like that. You have no idea what you're doing.
Watch the video YOU POSTED YOURSELF before running your mouth off. Notice how there's like 3mm clearance?

I can't be bothered with you idiots. Make your shitty coffee. No one cares.

Well yeah, but it was a dorm provided by the school. They called em premium dorms.

Eat an apple when you start feeling sleepy
That'll give you a natural boost
And for headaches, sucks.

Why you in the thread then?

Someone show me the appropriate grindsize for a moka pot

Dude, look at these assholes. They're fucking human garbage looking for things to bitch about. They don't know anything, they don't do anything, they're just human offal looking to try to feel better about their worthlessness.

Don't you know how to play Veeky Forums bingo? It's playing garbage people against themselves.

>isthisautism
yes
you still have the bunnzilla?

You can only have one of these shitty coffees for the rest of your life, which do you pick?

where is the goddamn Lavazza

Yup! It's still under the table. Still use it for brew, and will for the near future unless I stumble on a used EK. I got a Jericho as well (that's basically a rebadged Fuji Royal R-440), but it's kinda it's own thing.

I also have a new table on the way. I like this one a lot looks wise, but it's just so short for the lever.

Reminds me of the audiophile threads on /g/

fuck man not even lavazza, the insets coffee is the only one I have seen there.

This is literally what that is.
He's a coffee audiophile.

In the "willing to spend several thousand dollars for a relatively smaller increase in quality" sense, absolutely. But not "lol cables effect sound quality" tier. I can measure my extraction yield objectively.

there's that misused "pretentious" buzzword again
it's called a hobby you fucking moron

Ha, I wouldn't post here if being called a pretentious fuck annoyed me. It's just more fun than "how do so many people have Slayers" HomeBarista and "we'll suck your dick if you have anything nice than a porlex" /r/coffee.

Also here's some normal coffee. Brewed in a Bonavita Immersion dripper with Kalita 103 filters. Ground using the Jericho because I made it at 5:30am and the Bunnzilla is loud as shit. BaristaHustle's Hendon water recipe. 21% exty. Wait, shit, I made this autistic too.

>fersken og jasmin
Does it actually taste of that? What the fuck?

Fersken is Norwegian for peaches, the resemblance to other words is just an unfortunate coincidence

>They're fucking human garbage looking for things to bitch about. They don't know anything, they don't do anything, they're just human offal looking to try to feel better about their worthlessness.
Sounds like you're talking about yourself

I know. I'm Danish.
I'm asking if that's actually peach and jasmine flavoured coffee.

>not roasting your own coffee

Get on my level

This intrigues me - what is the end product like? Can those small roasters get an even product? Is the freshness worth it? How tweakable is it?

Ahh, and here I thought it was a dick joke!

It's a more subtle coffee, but there are definitely fruity notes. I think I'd have gone with peach to describe it as well. Jasmine I'm not sure of, since I'm not big into tea. There's some pleasant floral note. It could be dead on jasmine, but it could be anything floral for all I know.

Now the coffee in the jar in this post , it taste like straight up berry juice. It's also a full natural process (as in not washed), so it's no surprise it's less subtle. than a washed coffee.

I frequently do. I just also like to try other coffee. After all, these guys roast more in a few months than I will in a lifetime. I use a rostbiene drum roaster. Here's an old picture. I've added some shit to it since then, but don't have any good pics.

The Ikawa is certainly neat though. I like the idea of being able to do smaller batches to have more variety throughout the week. 60g is just an awkward size for me, if it were just like 70g I could get four shots out of it. As it is, it doesn't fit my needs.

I hear the results of the Ikawa are pretty damn good from the roaster. I've talked to. They've become pretty popular as sample roasters.

The Ikawa is pretty good. All controlled by app, you can simply alter the curve and it will pretty much follow it. Roasts evenly too.

The only downsides are that for whatever reason the app only exists for apple devices. Why they alienated half their market I don't know. Also the price, shits expensive.

Your setup looks pretty sweet. Is coffee just a hobby for you or work?

Just a hobby. Much as I'd like a shop, I know fuck all about business and would be absolute shit at dealing with non enthusiast customers.

Also note, the home Ikawa has an android app, only the professional one doesn't. I think because it's a pro thing they feel like they can say "you also have to buy this $600 device to use our shit". Personally I'd be a bit worried there wouldn't be a working app 15 years from now regardless of platform.

Guys I don't like the taste of coffee and as such don't intake a notable amount of caffeine regularly. I function well and once I'm awake I have a pretty consistent level of energy throughout the day. Given all this, would you suggest I try to acquire the taste and get into coffee? The only immediate benefit I see would be social, where I could go get coffee with coworkers and junk

Most coffee sold outside is fucking awful and the only reason creamer became popular was so you could soften the awful taste of diner coffee stewing and fermenting on a hot plate all day.
The only chain that manages to serve consistently drinkable coffee is mcdonalds and I think that says a lot.

That being said, once you figure out a favorite brewing method and grounds to water ratio, you'll enjoy it on it's own merits.
Good coffee isn't supposed to be bitter or acidic.

If you want caffeine then don't bother with coffee and just take caffeine tablets. They're cheaper anyway.

The only reason to force yourself to get a taste for coffee would be the social angle. Depending on your situation that may or may not be worthwhile.