Hey Veeky Forums are there some books to learn how to chit chat? I'm so fucking boring

Hey Veeky Forums are there some books to learn how to chit chat? I'm so fucking boring

Leave the house you bum

He probably has otherwise he wouldn't know he had the problem.

>I'm so fucking boring
What does this mean?

Learning to chitchat does not make you interesting. You want to know the golden rule of chitchat? People love to talk about themselves. You just need to cultivate an upbeat and curious attitude when you talk to someone.

I'm not a very talkative person and I don't like to talk about myself but I can still carry a conversation for an hour or more just by asking the other person about her life and being a good listener.

>there are people who read how to interact with people and such
It makes me sad guys. Not even being an asshole. That's depressing.

Just start small
Find people you know that share your interests

what interests

Don't do it. It's useless and vapid.

Literally just be yourself. Boring people tend to censor themselves too much, either out of fear or in a misguided attempt at social harmony.

Express more of yourself -- your true, inner self. Let out hints of your fears, passions and anxieties.

Also, when you tell anecdotes, make people feel the emotions. Don't just say "it was pretty exciting", walk them through how it made you feel.

Read Alain de Botton. Sure, people make fun of him all the time and he isn't a real philosopher. But his self help social relations stuff is top notch.

>Read Alain de Botton
Why would anyone do that instead of, say, killing themselves?

When I say walk them through how something made you feel, I mean just put them in that position. People won't laugh at your anecdotes, or feel what you felt if you just tell them the facts straight.

If you almost fell off a cliff, don't just say "I almost fell off a cliff. I was scared." Say "I was dangling and my hands began to sweat, so they were weakening and I was beginning to shake, the humidity in the air wasn't helping. Off in the distance I could hear the other tourists, but I couldn't make out what they were saying. My heart started beating and I was sure I was going to die."

>Say "I was dangling and my hands began to sweat, so they were weakening and I was beginning to shake, the humidity in the air wasn't helping. Off in the distance I could hear the other tourists, but I couldn't make out what they were saying. My heart started beating and I was sure I was going to die."
my sides

Is there a book that will let you talk like a normal person and not like a stuttering, mumbling forgetful faggot?

talk about traps, lolis, anime, etc

that's how you get women

be yourself.

>traps, lolis, anime
i'm not interested in those things

are there books about the art of conversation?

watching people die on liveleak in amusement, clogging your arteries with junk food, jacking off to sexy women whispering, etc.

yes. All the self-help books seem to treat other people to be dominated and subjucated to get your own wants and desires.

I'd like to learn how to enjoy the company of others and take pleasure in banal chit-chat

i'm not interested in those things either

It's not a social thing. I can barely talk straight with my own mom.

How to Win Friends And Influence People

there has to be something like an art of small talk that people have written about

>yes. All the self-help books seem to treat other people to be dominated and subjucated to get your own wants and desires.

>How to Win Friends And Influence People

>the humidity in the air wasn't helping

Have you tried microdosing LSD?

drinking water, pepe the frog, curing cancer, etc.

i'm not interested in those things (i do drink water but i don't find it interesting)

does it make you anxious. I'm of quite an anxious disposition

>(i do drink water but i don't find it interesting)
OK, you can work with that. Just tell them you drink water.

who

>just by asking the other person about her life

Nice projection my man

human person who has been birthed

No, the opposite in fact. A microdose, which produces no hallucinations, will produce a confident and jovial mood, and will make you more creative in your use of language.

i don't see such any person person (except myself)

wrote person twice by mistake

practice in mirrored self speaking of the action of consuming water, then travel to a parent of self and do unto them as you have unto the mirrored self

>1/4 of blotter is microdosing

go outside

It depends on how much acid is in each blotter, of course.

i told my mirrored self that i drink water but it didn't have anything to say in response
done. i didn't see anyone there either

do you live in a post-apocalyptic wasteland?

no

Wow, you're so clever. I can see how people would not enjoy talking to you to be quite honest

>you're so clever
i don't think i am are you sure

you can't really know how much acid is on each part of a blotter, it's not spread evenly

Pretty sure that person was being sarcastic.

oh

this thread..

Huh. That's good to know. Thank you.

>i don't like to talk about myself
>just let them talk about themselfes

what exactly makes you think you are the only person that doesn't like being the center of attention 24/7? what makes you assume that a good conversation shouldn't be people exchanging informations mutualy?