Pocket philosophy thread, also infothread yous choose

Pocket philosophy thread, also infothread yous choose.

Philosophy of logic and mathematics is the only acceptable philosophy.

>Karl Popper
what a pleb

>Karl Popper

Kill yourself.

What does it even mean to be tolerant then? Isn't tolerance to endure something unpleasant? If someone tells you you can't get rid of that which makes your life worse and then gets rid of you if you object what are they really telling you? Sounds to me they want to shaft you while you shut up and take it.

>Isn't tolerance to endure something unpleasant?

No, it's to live in harmony with different people.

If there's something to tolerate how is there harmony?

>advocates of tolerance calmly explain why tolerance itself is a stupid concept and discrimination is necessary

By not being a douche.

ITT: /pol/acks get confused by baby's first philosophy

>ugh you just don't understand, even though we're discriminating against those we deem unacceptable, silencing them and giving preferential treatment to those we like based on our arbitrary standards of race and whether or not the have political opinions we deem socially acceptable, we totally have the moral high ground because we call ourselves tolerant

I wonder how many people will agree when you present it this way

Was literally about to make this

This is correct because at the fundamental level tolerance is a peace treaty. So naturally once someone starts being intolerant then you're not required to tolerate them as they have effectively violated the terms of the peace treaty.

Can you define 'tollerance' and 'intollerance' in such a way that you can aply them in the real world to arrest people for their ideas?

Holy shit.

Islam is more tolerant than nazis though. I dont see muslims supporting ethic cleansing

This tbqh senpai senpai

That is somewhat true. For now. But the current age of muslim violence will only grow as long as Israel rests in the levant. In time, they may grow to be as genocidal as the nazis. They are even performing the cardnial sins of demagouges. Non-recognition of states based on ancient texts rather than political phenomena, persecution of jews and people like jews. Enslavement of their people to suit their needs. ISIS and similar organization are also attempting to carry out ethnic cleansings like with yazidis.

yeah they just want you to convert or die, and live under sharia law, and that women are men's property.

>Levant
>demagogues

Kys pretentious faggot. You don't sound dramatic or smart. Poltard.

>if I support israel im /pol/
you must be fucking stupid.

Not sure though. I wouldn't be surprised that if/when the muslims finally defeat Israel in a war, they'd kill all the jews who don't convert. Also I'm fairly sure ISIS ethnically cleanced Middle Eastern christians.

No ethnic cleansing, but they seek to abolish all other religious groups, even through violence. The ends justify the means in islamic caliphate expansion. Just like how hitler wanted to rid the world of jews for ethnic reasons, Islam wants to rid the world of jews for religious reasons. Of course, not all muslims, but a grand majority support their religion being forced onto all societies, not just western.

Don't forget throwing gays off buildings. So tolerant.

sleep tight popper

this
also analytically approached metaphysics

I haven't seen Nazis killing women because they were raped or pouring acid on their faces because they sucked some Chad's dick

But there's no objective standard to what should be tolerated and what shouldn't. Ethics can't be based on muh feels

>Kurds
>Israel
>But user those are not the common muslims

Nor are the other the "common nazis"

Do we start accepting that there are no exceptions in tolerance or then it stops being tolerance? Or we have to enter a race to see which group is less moral and somehow deserves more represion?

Because thats what we are talking about here.

This isn’t a philosophy thread this is a ethics thread
Get it right

/pol/ can both support and be against Israel, depending on what's more convenient and fits their narrative better at the time

That's not harmony. That's forced cooperation, literally like an antonym. Idiot.

>fits their narrative
and what narrative would that be?

This is glorious.