Al/ck/: Gnomes are gearing up for the weekend edition

Previous thread bump limit

It's almost Thursday aka tomorrow is casually hungover Friday.

What are your plans this weekend?

I will take the doggos out for a round of disc golf and hopefully continue my taper. I have already failed a few times, but wish each other luck in our struggles.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=An9FA6a8dyc
youtube.com/watch?v=SrpR1qH3NN4
youtube.com/watch?v=ByyfG5t-noM
amazon.com/gp/product/B006U8B9H4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
m.youtube.com/watch?v=UkEh5Un_Kk0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>moving Saturday

I'm hoping cravings and paws will start to subside after moving to a new living environment. I can only associate my current home with dependence and withdrawal.

Good luck. I hop the new place is great.

Goal is 5 tonight

I want to drink myself to death. Or as close as is bearable, then OD on opioids and just go to sleep. Fuck me im so cheerful. 10 days sober, and I miss the chaos, it's less vivid than sober reality. Too scared for this sobriety nonsense.

I've tried this a few times m8, one just wakes up the next day thinking "go harder next time." Then it's way, WAY to much after six or seven of those.
I love you. Your friends and family love you. user is a bit drunk, but let's change together.

Just took 28 x 5mg Valium, now going to the shop for vodka.
Oneitis made contact and it was... bad.
>salute
Good day al/ck/.

>140mg valium, adding vodka on top of it.
>Going shopping for vodka after eating pills
That's a badly planned suicide.

you're gonna OD over a girl?

peace out m8

and by m8 I mean not my m8.

What's some good stuff to drink?

Mineral water.
Stop actively TRYING to impose hell on your life ffs.

Found out I got laid off uni today. I'm down half a case of beer and some Jägermeister. I'd really appreciate it if someone could just end it for me right here

You'll feel worse once you wake up, especially drinking beer.

Hey idiots I'm newly unemployed and I'm getting DRUNK

I'm over here getting drunk, watching movies, playing video games, why doesn't everybody do this at all times?

I did, until it began to make me not be alive any more.

Laid off uni?
u wat

Is that not the point of all this? Hmmm

I don't know what else to say other than CHEERS I'm drinking vodka.

I am very well versed in the ways of getting very drunk with movies and video games. It's pretty nice most of the time really.

The problem with getting drunk and watching movies is that I black out during the movie, and then I have to watch the movie again later in order to know what happened during it.

Friday I'm making stiry fry - chicken, cabbage, onions, carrots and celery with a curry sauce. I'll be drinking lightly, probably just a six pack of a craft beer I select. Or Natty Ice. Who knows.

Saturday - getting wrecked on vodka and seltzer. Grilling some chicken drumsticks I marinated in something on friday night. Going to try to keep the coals to one side and do and indirect cook with a direct sear at the end. Just experimenting.

Sunday - Making Lentil stew and recovering from hangover. Will be eating that lentil stew for the next couple days. My kids hate it, makes me love it even more.

I was able to curtail this earlier in my drinking life through a combination of increased tolerance and light, basically non existant moderation during the night. It very rarely happens to me that I pass out during the movie now and I've never had many blackouts.

God i love you, i wish I had the will to make delicious food.

instead I make frozen packages of chicken alfredo

I genuinely don't understand what you're saying

I think a lot of it is having a kitchen that works with you. Really got to set things up right so it just flows when you work. Also, knife skills help.

I've just been drinking so long that I don't have a problem staying awake or remembering things. I've never been prone to blacking out either.

I don't understand that shit
All I understand is computers and how to exploit software vulnerabilities

i got shitfaced thursday, sat and mon. how do you alcks do it? i get mental feels so bad it will stop me from drinking. how do you cope with when you cant drink anymore after a binge?

Sorry in advance for the blogpost but I've been a lurker to this general for a while now and you guys are cool

I'm about 2 months sober and I felt fine for the first month and recently I've been feeling a lot more random sadness than usual.

Then today at work I got this surge of pure rage which I've never experienced before (randomly) and I started thinking how killing myself would end my misery. I've never had suicidal thoughts before today but the urge was fairly strong and it's still in the back of my mind now, several hours on.

you get a job and then you become a functioning member of society

stop drinking alcohol and stop using all other drugs holy shit

You need to see a psychiatrist. Amateur opinion: you might be bipolar or borderline. There are meds for both. Seriously, go see a doctor.

I think the base thing is to get ~10 recipes you know how to make, that use basic ingredients: celery, onions, carrots, chicken, potatoes, etc... then just add to that. I wont make something if I have to buy exotic shit.

I do IT as well, sysadmin, but cooking is actually enjoyable for me.

no im asking how can they do it with those feels you get. im not alck. there was just lotsa parties last week

Sounds good. I'm sober 10 days so I'm eating non-stop. Prepped a couple of Ramsay's dishes in the night, now leaving them to marinade for a couple of days before eating the lot by myself. Smoky pulled pork, chicken stuffed with chorizo (etc) and his Christmas ham chutney. It'll make a nice change from eating a bite of peach maybe twice a week, then typically throwing it up.

You need medication and some chicken.

That looks amazing. Like how the chicken is sitting on roots.

I don't know what feels you are referring to.
But if you're talking about feels that occur only after you've had an alcohol binge, then I recommend stopping the alcohol bingeing.

Honestly I don't know what feels you're talking about. I've never had feels after an alcohol binge, even as I continue to binge on alcohol.

Your dishes will likely be delicious. I want them and I don't want to have to do anything to get them.

the bad mental feels you get after drinking lots and often.

like how people do it?

I used to want to purge and whatnot and sometimes I do when I drink too much.

Been taking phenibut for the last 3 weeks. Urge to drink is almost none, but I still have a few each night and it hits you way harder.

That is a huge meal you made.

I don't get those, but I suppose other people might?

i have almost all those stirfry ingredients too. mite try it

Yeah the chorizo and the smoked paprika are crazy tasty. Here are the recipes
youtube.com/watch?v=An9FA6a8dyc
youtube.com/watch?v=SrpR1qH3NN4
youtube.com/watch?v=ByyfG5t-noM
Only got the chutney done for the last one, but I've got a 2 kilo gammon in the kitchen waiting to be cooked. Feels so fuckin' nice actually having food in me for a change. Should give me a bit of an energy boost in preparation for my next relapse.

Need a wok! Get a carbon steel one, make sure to season it.

amazon.com/gp/product/B006U8B9H4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That's mine. Pretty great

i have shitty teflon one. still will brolly try

Withdrawals?
You have to taper, and stop drinking.
Or drink daily.

Yeah right!!
Depressive people, stop being depressive and stop bein little whiny pussies.
Junkies, stop using drugs, it's like totally bad, imma right??, just get fit
Hey faggots, stop being gay and fuck pussy. lmao XDDD

Yeah that's what you sound like.

Got gnomes hard. Drank 3liters of Evan Williams and 7 peach four lokos over the course of two days. Now I'm at work
I am certain alcohol poisoning is not how I wanted to spend my off days.
At least I have mouthwash

uma delicia

Thanks user.

Jesus dude and I thought I was bad

But you were 90 miles away from home, with 1,26$ in your pocket, last I heard, how did you reach home?

I didn't mean to but I left the state to safely drink without gnomes and now I'm back 55-60hours later and the gnomes are taking advantage of me. They are happy to have a weakened target. Ny blood pressure is fucked at the moment.

I just winged it man. Happily had enough gas and coasted quite a bit to save gas.

It's all I know

FUCK u

You have Bacchus as an guardian angel, wish you all the best.

Oh and fuck gnomes!

You got back home!
What job do you do?

Drink beer. Beer is good.

You're not drinking enough user

Dishwasher, and what's a baccus?

>that first beer when you've waited until sundown to start drinking
tastes like heaven. god i wish my state had 40ozes, perfect amount of beer to start out the night

>That first beer when you've waited until 10am to go to the store for booze because of stupid alcohol curfew laws

>label on the bottle says to serve chilled
>drink it at room temperature

and fuck the revenue agency too

I need a drink

>tfw too intelligent to drink alcohol

>fell off the wagon
>forgot meds during bender
>schiz is really acting up now

halp

Know what you mean. Don't drag that ball and chain with you.

Lentils are amazing. Love everything about em.

Well he did get satanic trips

Ernest Hemingway, Alan Watts, Edgar Allen Poe, Tchaikovsky, Ulysses Grant, Van Gogh, Winston Churchill, blah etc.
Now stfu and stop repeatedly posting this.

Manny?

Time to attempt beer taper again.
Too many gnomes.
Need them to leave.
I need to be a better man for my wife and squirrel.

No. There's another schizo around here?

Fuck this shit, I'm just out of benzos and the thunderstorm outside certainly doesn't help.

I know a schizo who went awol who posts on Veeky Forums, was just wondering. He's also an alc who abuses benzos

>Alan Watts
I suddenly very a lot better about my boozing.

is your wife that fat sack of shit you posted with the squirrel on her its back?

cough syrup tripping two nights in a row? y/n?

Day 15. First time I ever wavered. I don't mean I thought about drinking alcohol, but I saw a he'll of a deal and morned.

16 inch pizza with amazing topings from a non national chain. Something I would consider already. But the fuckers added two free beers. Fuck me.

But an hour later I was needed. If I was not sober I would have caused a bad situation. But while sober I did good, and the satisfaction that gave was better then any buzz those two beers could do.

Stay strong friends.

Nobody can seem to give me some type of advice

>I'm turning 30 soon
>Make roughly six figures and govt takes a big chunk
>Moved half way across the country for my career
>Ended up becoming successful and finally finding happiness
>After a few years of having a lot of money you see that I'm still alone
>I have nothing but a career
>I'm a workaholic
>I work a lot, and have dedicated my life to a career
>I just want a gf, or a friend again
>But these days I find reasons for not making friends
>I have no idea what to do anymore
>The nightly /kino/ nights aren't helping either
>Just cant take my mind off of being alone anymore

In Japan people like me are called salary men. These are men who spend their whole life working for a company

No you dick, thats a co-worker we brought over and we thought it was cute Abe was climbing her.

dude its a gnome

what is up guys

Yeah alcohol killed him in his 50's.
There's a lecture on YouTube he did named "outwitting the devil", which while subtle, drawn-out and not immediately obvious, gives some excellent advice on how to tackle psychological addiction. 'Just do it without deciding to do it'; without thinking about it, that's the only surefire way to achieve it. Otherwise your constant thinking about it will eventually provoke the devil in you to give in to temptation, is essentially what he says.
He uhm, phrases it rather better than I can. The man was a genius. Love all of his stuff.
Shame it didn't work for him, but he did also say that it's better to live a short life doing what you love, than a long life lived miserably.

I wanna do DXM with Erin. And put my genitals into her genitals ;_;
m.youtube.com/watch?v=UkEh5Un_Kk0

I think it's because you're used to using alcohol to deal with your emotions. You need to find new strategies. I'd avoid the diagnoses like 'borderline' or taking meds. The medical system is basically a sham when it comes to this stuff.

Start a social hobby like martial arts or something.

I dont know though m9, I too am a workaholic with no friends or gf. I play video games I don't enjoy with my friends across the country and post her for my socialization.

did you ever have a gf?

doesn't necessarily solve anything vriend

phenibut addiction/withdrawl is bad. be careful with that shit

Hit a milestone? 30 days is good shit

Shit is no fun trying it every other week.

You will at best get all the side effects with no high.

If you are unlucky you will hit the dreaded double dip. Do you like fighting demons with your eyes closed?

>every day wake up to hurting sunlight shaking, nauseated and gagging
>open one of the bottles of vodka up and chug some of it
>change my feces infested sheets and clothes
>walk around the house with phone or go on computer to type, talk or play online
>get so violently drunk i smash shit, often get avoided from people and need to buy new equipment

Go for a hike

Going to ATL to visit my brother since my mom will be there. 2 weeks sober, no real urge to drink but this will be the first time being around lots of people drinking so hopefully I dont blow it. Plus drinking on the porch with my brother and sister was always one of my favorite parts of family get togethers...fingers crossed.

Buy some damn good soda, local lemonade, shit that is a treat. Remember you don't need to fix your family, just enjoy in the small time you have left to have a nice time with each other.

I dont eat or drink sugar. Basically water, unsweet tea, seltzer and the guilty pleasure diet dew every now and again. I'm not worried about them, the problem is all on this side.

Any of you al/ck/ies get drunk on just beer? Or am I just the anomaly here.

>to further the anomaly, it's light beer

You don't really OD on benzos. More like he's going to blackout for several days, and wake up without his wallet or keys, in jail or a psych ward , with several tickets (if lucky) or felonies (if unlucky).

You absolutely OD when combining massive amounts of benzos with alcohol, its literally russian roulette every time you do it. Fall asleep, stop breathing, die. Most of the time you'll be ok, until you're not

Nobody drinks themselves to death because they love drinking.

It's my life goal to do precisely this. I just want to be drunk for every moment of the rest of my life, then check out on a cosy opioid OD when the pain becomes unbearable and drinking no longer stops it. If I had the money I'd begin right now