Would you eat these?

Would you eat these?

Are you in the south, OP? I know people down there like koolaid pickles.

Nope, I'm in the Midwest US. Never seen anything like this, but I can believe they'd be popular there.

I'd try atleast one

I've tried a homemade Kool aid pickle, wouldn't trust premade ones though

No, I don't eat Wal-Mart on principle.

is that what "Great Value" means? I can't keep these generic brands straight

Yes.

I've lived in Louisiana my whole life and have never seen these. Seen pickled pigs feet but never kool-aid pickles.

Cold, crunchy, sweet. Sounds fine to me.

This is some hardcore negro food

I feel like a child buying "Nice!" brand but it's so damn cheap

The natural flavor of cucumbers would go well with that flavoring, so I probably wouldn't hate them. Most people saying this looks disgusting are probably just associating the flavor of dill pickles with this.

No, that sounds fucking disgusting.

They should make them cook with that crap on chopped.

If they weren't made by WalMart, sure. I'm guessing that's a jar full of corn syrup.

They're called koolickles. They kinda remind me of pickled ginger.

So, kool-aid pickles? Yeah, I'd eat one, but NOT fruit punch flavor. I've made kool-aid pickles before. My favorite flavor is lemon-lime, fruit punch is gross.

I'd try one. If they're good I'd probably try making some of my own. It's just kool-aid and cucumbers, right?

>It's just kool-aid and cucumbers, right?
It has to be cheap pickles, and not garlic pickles. The garlic kosher dill clashes flavors, so I think all kosher pickles are garlic by definition. Be careful which you buy.

Basic dill pickles only. And, someone mentioned lemon lime, sounds like they really don't like kool aid pickles at all. It should be horrendously fruity and a bit sweet and sour.

Raised in Arkansas and I've never even heard of these.

I'd try them, I always wanted to try pickeled watermelon rinds too.

Are these supposed to be sugary? Like you replace half the brine with a similar sugar solution? Or is this like just classic salty pickle brine with Kool-Aid added?

Might taste like a pickled plum, I really like those

rural people like sweet pickles and relish.

fucking discugsting. anything pickeled should have a light vinegar taste.
this is why relish is a terrible conidment for hot dogs.

Thanks! I might just try this next week.

>Fresh Pack
...do they sell rotten packs?

Basically. Buy pickles, remove half of brine, replace with koolaid. Let sit.

Yeah. Did this with a jar of Vlasic Originals and Cherry Koolaid. Not bad, a nice novelty I guess but I never cared much for sweet pickles.

It's supposed to be cherry. Shit is crazy. I've seen it in North Carolina. Never tried it. Blew my mind when I saw pigs feet done the same way.

Watermelon rinds? I've tied them and they're refreshing, and great in hot weather.

This crap is absurd and not the same thing at all. It's a cucumber with a sugar syrup. Eh...not just no, fuck no.

does americans really eats this?

Maybe in the southeast. I'm from the northwest and I think it's fucking repulsive. We don't like sugar though. Or at least, not as a regular thing. Savory foods rule the day here.

>We don't like sugar though. Or at least, not as a regular thing. Savory foods rule the day here
same for me
>Maybe in the southeast
just looked up the southeastern states on a map. do people like this stuff there because of all the blacks?

Maybe man.

I give up on fried chicken when it gets honey or maple syrup on it. I just don't dig sweet food.

I'd try one out

Kool Aid pickles are more of a lower class inner-city thing
T. Grew up in south Dallas

Where at? I was born in eunice, great place when I was younger felt like a town out of the 50's. It's changed now though

I know that the ingredients sound bad it it is DELICIOUS.
It has a cold, crunchy, sweet, custard-like texture. Wow. I can't even understand how it tastes so sweet with all those vegetables in there.