There.

rofl fuck you john

no...not that you fucking dolt

Things with bad texture
>Courgettes cooked in any way
>Raw tomatoes
>Bruised bits of the banana
>soggy/watery fish
What else? I always feel like I am going to gag when I have these.

raw onions cut too finely. feels like munching on insects

French sticks that's left alone for a full 3 weeks in subzero temperature
I ended up having to break it with a sledgehammer

Mushrooms

Oatmeal.
inb4 faggots who enjoy the texture of a mouthful of vomit

This

stop making it with water then
Seriously just make porridge instead and have it with honey, shit is goat

Fuck off

????

>Says the guy whos only ever had Apple Cinnamon Quaker Oats Instant Oatmeal superboiled with water from the microwave

I used to think that but then realized the garbage canned mushrooms my parents kept trying to feed me are pleb tier shit. Fresh buttons or holy hell for those glorious two weeks every spring.. morels. Anyways I love mushrooms now

Tbh that shit isn't even that bad if you use milk. Fuck three bucks a bag for George RRrrrred Mill steel cut profit machine tho

you fucking retarded or something?

Says the guy that hates onions

Picky eaters deserve death. There is literally no human behavior more snowflakey than "I just can't do tomatoes" or "I can't eat ___" for some arbitrary reason or whatever the fuck. Nobody thinks that you're cute or interesting or unique because of your shit taste-- they actually despise you for it.

Being a picky eater is what led me to cooking desu

Have you ever considered people aren't doing it to be quirky and that they genuinely want to vomit when they eat certain things? You want to eat shit? Can I shit in your mouth? Would you gag? Special snowflake alert.

>I R the fattest
You disgust people

This. Most of those people only act that way if because they have a choice. I hate raw tomatos, but if it's all I've got it's all I've got and you'd bet your ass I'm eating those tomatos.

pretty sure that's you

Just because cooked mushrooms can and have made me vomit doesn't mean you have to hate me.

>French sticks
i am french and what is this?

If he wants to hate you it doesn't matter that he doesn't have to.

baguette ffs

>eating shit analogy

Go back to /v/, manchild.

No, I hate you because your mind is so far-removed from an appreciation of nature and the foods we have at our disposal that you can decide to categorically avoid certain ingredients. Let's be honest, your pickiness is childishness, a remnant of your childhood. You would think that an adult would be able to open their mind and be a little fucking adventurous.

Plus, picky eaters are a nuisance to others. If you "can't do" an ingredient, there goes a huge list of dishes and even entire cuisines. Nothing like planning an outing or starting to cook then realizing that your buddy's gf doesn't eat x ingredient for some fucking reason.

So here's a scenario. You're traveling in Italy and a local restaurant serves you and your friends a caprese salad of perfectly ripe, beautiful tomatoes grown at the foot of Mount Vesuvius. Your friend tells you, hey, these are widely regarded as some of the best tomatoes in the world, you gotta try this salad. Do you not taste the fucking salad?

>Keep being pleb you shitfucks. You wouldn't know taste if it slapped you in your hydroencephalitis-swelled head. Keep drowning your food in ketchup and ranch sauce while binge watching your favorite Netflix series, you fatter, poorer versions of Guy Fieri.

>Don't fuck with food.

>people having different opinions and preferences than me makes them childish
No reaction image that I possess or have knowledge of is good enough for what the fuck you just posted, so just imagine that I somehow tacked a living, malignant tumor to your computer screen in place of this post.

>being this mad over a guy disliking a certain food

It's time to stop posting

Here you are, on a board about fucking food and cooking, defending people who refuse to eat and appreciate certain ingredients because they're "icky". It's not a different opinion and preference, it's straight up close-mindedness.

It is not surprising, by the way, that you can't properly express yourself or defend your position without posting meme reaction faces or making references to cancer.

>heh, why is this guy so passionate about food and cooking on a food and cooking board? lol u mad tho????

You have a point, but there are some things you can do fix it.
>steel cut oats
>don't microwave them
>add nuts and or fruit

Being passionate about something doesn't mean you have to shit on others because they don't like what you do. That's called being an asshole.

>pffft those children, not liking what I don't like
>OH MY GOD STOP IT STOP IT YOU HAVE TO LIKE WHAT I LIIIIIIIIKKKKKE
Lynch yourself

>It's not a different opinion and preference, it's straight up close-mindedness.

Oops, sorry Johnny, user said you should eat these peanuts even though you're allergic to them because it's childish to not eat them

I can't eat squid. When I was younger I ate what I thought was an onion ring and it turned out to be squid. The taste doesnt' bother me, but the texture kills me.

raw figs

uuuuggghhh

I tried eating apple sauce when preparing for colonoscopy. It tasted fine but it felt like wet sand.

This. Picky eaters are always white kids too, fucking spoiled faggots.

>French
>Sticks

Holy fuck Americans need to burn

No self respecting adult cares what some aspie on Veeky Forums thinks. Quit projecting your immaturity onto us. It is painfully obvious you want to seem mature for validation. Go away.

Pineapple on pizza, it's not a meme. The texture of the pineapple is the worst part about adding it to a pizza. If the pizza is cooked with the pineapple on it, it gets snotty and horrible. Even if you add the pineapple after the pizza is cooked, it's an unpleasant soft crunch.

I didn't say that people can't have allergies, so I'm not sure what your hypothetical scenario is supposed to illustrate other than the lengths you will go to defend picky eaters.

Wow, what an amazing argument. "WAA WAA" + "kys" + frogposting. How will I ever recover?

It's more that people are missing out on nature's bounty and good cooking because of their close-mindedness. It's the same story every time:

>kid gets fed x overcooked vegetable, y unripe fruit, z low-quality meat
>decides they hate xyz and will refuse to eat it
>kid gets older, but still won't outgrow their pickiness
>competent cook prepares quality xyz
>now adult manchild won't even try it
>"how do you know you don't like xyz if you haven't even tried it like this?"
>I just don't like it

Never stopping to consider that maybe the world is a bit bigger than their little bubble. Nah, fuck that.

All I really got from your post is "you aren't allowed to disagree with our little circlejerk of pickiness, you're just lording over us" when picky eating is a real topic in the food world and parenting world worthy of discussion.

O A T S L O C A T E D

>Wow, what an amazing argument
You argument is literally stop liking whati don't like because I deem it childish you troglodyte.
Jesus wept these people breathe and vote.
In four posts you have mentioned childishness/adulthood 5 times. We get it, you have a need to feel more adult than the next person. Disliking an ingredient doesn't make you a picky eater. That you think it does makes you autistic.
I'm capping this so I can look back on it and laugh at the fact that people like you exist.

Fucking this, jesus fuck that is getting so old

Ten to fifteen percent of adults gag when they eat certain soft foods you retarded faggot. Not everything boils down to how adult you are (or try to be).
:^)

mushrooms are god-tier texture for me

you talking bout cracking a boon?

I have disliked risotto and oatmeal since I was a child, but I changed the way I cook oatmeal and now it is my go-to breakfast (my roommate had a couple lbs of oats and I was looking for something quick, relatively healthy and warm to cook in the morning that went well with whatever fruit I had handy.)

I go for a 1.25 : 1 proportion of oatmeal to water by volume (usually I cook 1 and 1/4th cup of oatmeal), I first bring the water to a boil with 1/4 tsp or a little less of salt, and when I add the oats I cook it just long enough for the water to absorb with a couple of stirs, when it starts sticking to the pot a little it is done enough for me. I put on a slim shaving of unsalted butter and a teaspoon of brown sugar that melts from the heat, and layer whatever fruit I have on hand (usually half of an apple I've diced beforehand) The proportions scale up pretty well, at least to four servings though I don't have an amazing gas range and the timing on plating and getting everything just right is trickier for a group.

This is all with "old-fashioned" oatmeal, aka thick rolled-oats, it still has some flavor, not really nutty like steel-cut, but I don't like the texture of steel-cut oats or the longer cooking time. I've even tried going with a pressure cooker, I don't have that much time in the morning to fuck about and the results aren't worth it for me.

Basically I'm making toasted oatmeal without the toasting because: lazy, also toasted oats don't absorb the liquid the way I want. They make a good nutty topping though.

And to get the texture I want I need a liquid that is boiling hot, milk doesn't work out that well, yes I've tried different starches to prevent separation, or cream, no I don't add salt to milk at the start, tried tempering and whatnot, I'm happier with the results I can get with plain 'ole boiling water.

I have this one.

Texture affects flavor, and our perception of flavor. Also, expectations are an important factor to consider when you're cooking something. Sometimes it is pleasant to surprise somebody with something savory in a traditionally sweet dish, but not everybody is going to like every variation.

Dry? Cooked? Raw? I personally dislike a mushroom that has absorbed only enough liquid to get slightly viscous, it has to have cooked a little more (to the point where it is letting go of its water content) or been fried, something you know? Raw is fine too. Maybe because I associate the slightly-wet texture with a mushroom that has gone off.

Why don't you eat nothing but McDoubles? Stop being a baby, your tender tastebuds can't handle it?

are you implying texture doesn't matter?

Large pieces of fat, connective tissue, or cartilage always throw me off.

Then I really fucking want some insects.

when i was in asia someone presented me a drink that was some sort of soaked fruit seed or something that had the consistency of those little slimy bath beads, thats the only time i couldn't consume something because of its texture.

if anyone knows what that drink is actually called that would be nice

chicken salad

I think you might be thinking about boba. Also fuck you, boba's great.

>eating a soft, malleable burger, with soft gooey cheese, sandwiched between a soft bun
>bite into a crunchy onion
>instantly ruined

Hello, you appear not to understand what the word "texture" means. Shall I translate it for you?

Mashed potatoes always makes me gag because of the texture.

>crispy onion ruins a burger
>crispy lettuce gets a pass
ok

>entirely soft burger with overly melted goo cheese and crunchy insert topping here
shit like this is what made me start cooking more when I was younger
>Tfw firm burger with crisp lettuce and jalepenos, red and green bell peppers, with pepperjack cheese done just right

the difference is the ratio of soft and crunchy user. the opposite of this is like biting into a piece of steak, but you don't see that you got a huge fat part so most of the meat is engulfed by the jello like disgusting fat.
that said fat isn't bad on steaks, but you can't just have it all in one bite
sounds pretty good

I hate gnocchi's texture honeydews and raw tomatoes. Sorry for being a child

God forbid someone not like a certain food.

It'd be closed minded if someone absolutely refused to even try a certain kind of food. If they've tried it, didn't like it, and don't want to waste money/food on something they are sure they will probably won't like, then it is the exact opposite of inconsiderate. If I make someone something and they end up forcing themselves to try it and barely touch it because they don't enjoy the taste or texture, I'd be way more pissed off than if they just told me their actual preference. Making yourself sick out of some fear of disrespecting your friends is retarded.

lol I'm still not eating raw tomatoes

>9256882
wont even give you a (you)

If you put ranch anywhere near my food I will tell you to go fuck yourself. Deal with it.

the one wear he reviews a penis?

fucking love a big bite of beef fat

What a coincidence, me too.

Basil Seed Drink. It's certainly an acquired taste.

Mushy grapes. Eating from a bunch of grapes is like playing Russian roulette.

>white kids are picky eaters
That's cause blacks are too poor to afford anything more than fried chicken

please be bait

>"good morni-"
>me: "Ah ah ah no talkie till ive had my morning ritual"

You have to go back.

Hey OP, I guess you like that disgusting gelatin shit around liver patte? Yeah. I don't. Do you know why? Because I don't like the fucking texture. Because I want patte. Not fucking gelatin. If I wanted gelatin I would have bought cherry jello.

Ranch eaters are the guys posting in this thread.

Pretty embarrassed that an adult would gag when eating a tomato I hope you're a woman.

that means he fucking hates you and have prepare mentally for the rest of the day with your bullshit

Are you a common opinion? Not guy your referring to but it is literally the only thing that has ever made me gag besides rotten squid and drinking too much alcohol.

Racist much