What is your favorite type of mushroom, and what is your favorite mushroom recipe...

What is your favorite type of mushroom, and what is your favorite mushroom recipe? You penis shaped food loving fu/ck/ers

You made this thread yesterday. Stop it.

literally my first time on Veeky Forums in years. Just a fungi nerd that wandered over from /b/

can you link me to the thread?

I'm mostly an enoki fan. Soups, omelets, salads, whatever, they're always good.

Man i would really love to harvest something like that from some forest.

Isn'tthere so internationally available book around with every information i'll need not to kill my self hunting for them?

Omelette with chanterelles

I fucking love Maitake mushrooms. I use them in all kinds of dishes. But I love all kinds of mushrooms. I'm a mushroom whore, I'll use them in nearly anything.

Also, just FYI, mushrooms are one of the healthiest foods you can eat. But, always cook your mushrooms to get the most nutritional benefits. Mushroons have thick cell walls, and cooking them breaks those down so your body can absorb the nutrients better. Also, all mushrooms have at least slight toxicity, even plain old button mushrooms, and cooking them gets rid of the toxins.

Now I'm wishing it was Fall, so I could make my 5 mushroom soup! Delicious.

I don't have a particular favourite mushroom...
but I do have two good sauce recipes...

Recipe 1 comes from my mom, we mostly eat it on rice with pork or chicken. It can be made with fresh or canned button mushrooms. This is the best part of a good 30-minute poorfag dish.

>After frying the meat, add the finely cut mushrooms directly to the used pan (don't clean the pan)
>leave then to fry until brown and turn down the heat to medium-low
>add full/whipping cream to the pan
>spice to taste with salt, pepper and a dash of paprika powder. (optionally, add a small drizzle of truffle oil to really make that mushroom taste pop)
>let it simmer until the sauce thickens (monitor the sauce closely or it will burn to the pan).

Recipe 2 is my own development on the above sauce, containing 3-5 types of mushroom (depending on what's available). I mostly use the "mushroom mixes" from the supermarket that usually has oyster caps, shiitake and standard button mushrooms. The sauce works with many types, including enoki and chanterelles.
The recipe works well witha good beef steak and hasselbach potates.
Again, save the fluids from frying the meat, as it's vital to making the perfect sauce!

>Cut all your shrooms into fine pieces
>add them to a pot with about 200ml water or vegetable stock and bring to a slow boil. (if using stock cubes, just add 1)
>Add salt & pepper to the mix cook under lid for 5 minutes
>Remove lid and reduce over the next 10-15 mins (you need only 1/4 to half of the water, else the sauce won't thicken)
>Add full/whipping cream to the pot. Adjust taste with salt, pepper, thyme and paprika powder (and optionally truffle oil)
>let simmer on low to mdium until the sauce thickens.

as a finale to both sauces, add the fluids from the fried meat. This is the secret to making those really good sauces :-)

No sauce recipe is meant to be exact. By eyeballing, you can carry it in the direction you like. Just make sure to taste test your stuff...

>they're always good
aka, they have no taste

Suillus with potato

Smell like piss and taste naff too

THe he*ck do you even do with mushrooms other than stir-fry and spaghetti sauce

Heard this everywhere, but nobody gave me any explanations for it
Why are mushrooms so healthy and good for you?

so this is almost relevant

Can psylocibin mushrooms be cooked without losing any psichoactive preoperties?
If not, what to take with tem so as they dont taste like poo?

David Arora's All That The Rain Promises And More is good if you're in the US.

use them on salads or as a filling

the best and quickest and tastiest way I've found is to chop up your mushies good, then get a coffee mugs worth of water and bring it to a boil. turn the heat off and add your chopped shrooms. cover and let steep for five minutes. put a couple ice cubes and a few spoon fulls of sugar and stir it.
when it's cooled down a bit. stir it and drink it, shrooms and all. add enough sugar to taste decent and you'll be feeling the first signs in like 20 minutes. or just put them on some pizza. after it's cooked. but it'll be like 40 minutes till you feel funny

I like morels best. and I don't have a recipe just fry in butter and eat on burgers, steak, eggs, taters, pizza, hell anything is better with mushrooms.

mushrooms are a godsend

Black trumpets. The smell and taste are incredible, especially when dried. They grow wild where i live, but are somewhat uncommon.

My favourite dish to use them in is propably risotto, pasta or a tomato-based soup

Aw, i'm in west europe actually.
Could use a good book, something you can take with you and flip open on the go.

They contain polysaccharides thought to inhibit tumor growth, plus they also contain amino acids your body needs that aren't found in any other foods as well as being high in vitamin D. we're actually more closely related to fungi than we are to any other kingdom, as we share the same pathogens (bacteria and viruses). As a defense against bacterial invasion, fungi have developed strong antibiotics, which also happen to be effective for us humans. Penicillin, streptomycin, and tetracycline all come from fungal extracts.

Piss is good for you, user.

Morels faggot

Best edible fungi coming through

Goes well with medium rare chicken.

Fuck you Satan!

I mostly use button mushrooms in fryups, or portobello / chestnut.

I believe at one point I was eating them on a Pringle (original flavor) with Tabasco. I recall it being pretty tasty, but then again, I'm not sure how much I can trust my memories from that point in time. Perhaps you could dice them finely, throw them in some lemon juice and take it like a shot.

If you're concerned about the flavor then I think you have your priorities out of order.

You harvest those yourself?