Please leave the controversy aside, I just want to know if the person who asked the question has a point...

Please leave the controversy aside, I just want to know if the person who asked the question has a point. I'm not a Tolkien super-buff but I've read my silmarillion and lays of beleriand, so I'm curious. Could a male that identified as a different gender kill the Witch-King?

>could
who fucking cares. It didn't happen.

Fake news, SJWs love anything LOTR related.

You do realize this is a meme image right? Didn't happen?

>Fake news
surely you jest

how do you mouthbreathers even find this board?

>he thinks Veeky Forums's a safehaven

hello rXddit

yes i browse reddit

Please tell me this isn't real.

What? The point is that it was just a myth. It meant "man" as in human beings. It could have been anyone.

It's a call for my bros to raid

I sincerely hope the person in question dies a painful death alongside all his ilk.

what did you mean by this? a call? who are your bros?

Okay, I did a search. This didn't happen. Thank God.

heh

you'll know very soon

*disappears in black clothing*

Wasn't Eowyn a human bean? Didn't they interpret it as her having fulfilled Glorfindel's prophecy because she wasn't a man?

Please reread my post and reply as if you had read it

Ok now I see what's going on, you think it was actually just a manner of speech or some sort of hyperbole as opposed to being a prophecy made by Glorfindel thousands of years prior, gotcha.

"Do not pursue him! He will not return to these lands. Far off yet is his doom, and not by the hand of man shall he fall."

Considering it was Merry that killed the WK, I'd say the cuck in question is a retard of the lowest caliber.

It isn't. Literally just google "christopher tolkien to retire from making public appearances", no results.

Just because the story isn't true doesn't mean it isn't real.

That would be some fucking coincidence then, wouldn't it?

It was fabricated for a reason, the idea of the story and all its ramifications, implications in the public psyche, these are very real and very worth discussing. Arguably more so because they aren't marred by real politics, such a discussion exists in a purely intellectual and academic sense.

Yes, an astute observation, perceptionman

you're really stupid
PS: this isn't an ad hominem. I'm not saying that you're wrong because you're stupid. I'm saying you're stupid because you're wrong in this kind of way.

lolok

OP clearly expected a certain kind of reaction to his image, what and why that is are far more interesting than if his story were true. It's a lot like how people actually go around faking hate crimes against themselves, what seems like an insane meaningless act offers an insight into social ideations and pressures.

>Could a male that identified as a different gender kill the Witch-King?

This question is essentially on the same level as "would Superman or Voldemort win in a fight?"

As a (left) anarchist, I guess I just wanted to be the first to say that (JRR) Tolkien's politics were pretty fucking radical all told.

> Self-described Anarchist
> Anti-fascist
> Detested anti-semitism
> Hated Hitler and his bullshit twisting of the North-Western European mythic tradition
> Strong female characters
> Luddite sympathies (Remember: original Luddites were a progressive labour movement)

Yes, he was a Catholic and a pretty traditional chap, but as a basic summary, Tolkien's lefty credentials check out pretty well, even by today's standards (rather than in his own day).

He is very low on the list of old authors who are likely to cop shit for their beliefs.

"Neber speag to me or my wibe's son agen :D:DDDDD" -- JRR Dolgin

Are you also the same user who actually thought this was real?

Besides that, don't you feel incredible banal, or even boring, for making such an obvious statement. Don't you feel like this didn't really deserve the attention you gave it, the seriousness of your reply?

Dance with me, Johnny

Nah they love Harry Potter. LOTR is for misogynerds and full of straight white devils.

I would like to remind everyone that I asked that we leave the controversy out and instead focus on discussing the plausibility of a male who identifies as a different gender killing the Witch-King.

My only purpose was to initiate a discussion concerning the Witch-King and whether or not a male who identifies otherwise could kill him. As you can extrapolate from the fact that I browse Veeky Forums I am predisposed to be completely oblivious to any and all social/cultural aspects linked to the image, or any social aspects linked to anything for that matter.

No it's not possible. What you identify as doesn't matter, you still have XY chromosomes, even in magic fairy land.

Would a Maiar qualify? They aren't really men or women, are they

I think that rule only applies to mortals, the angel creatures could probably fuck the guy up anyway. But yeah, I don't think they don't have predefined sex or even a physical body unless they choose to get one.

One "don't" too much

The whole Sauron shebang really seems silly, what with the the Valar dilly dallying across the ocean, jerking it to Noldor ass. They could take one leap and give Sauron and the Wtich king a clean spanking without even taking off their belts.

Too bad they vowed not to. It's up to you now, you mortal fucks

I'm assuming the image is a shopped joke, but honestly given how some people are these days I'm not sure.

>Author self-describing themselves as a Anarchist
>radical
Literally half of all fantasy authors self-identify as a anarchist.

Radical does not mean 'unusual', 'interesting' or 'unique'.

the valar warring with sauron/etc. would have been very destructive to middle earth

Yeah. Why not. It's all technicalities. Didn't Macbeth kill that guy because he "wasn't born" but cut out of his mother's stomach?

Then Link in Ocarina of time wasn't REALLY at kotokiri or whatever the fuck.

The point is, is that it's been like this. It's all cheeky obfuscation and puns. Watch:

Evil King Faggo will die by neither man or woman hand.

Bam! Intersex/agender hero. Go for it.