How do you describe being in love?

How do you describe being in love?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DH9ouo8-Dww
youtube.com/watch?v=eWlYOPoXqKY
youtube.com/watch?v=6xcwt9mSbYE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Painful.

An user here once described it in a way I really loved. He said love was like a velvet tourniquet, with all of what that implies.

delirious desire to destroy

"woman make the highs higher and the lows more frequent"

I need it.

When you love yourself and you find someone who's happiness is the only thing that matters to you.

>or

Your brain releasing dopamine when in the presence of someone who either one, makes you feel safe; two, someone who is beneficial to your survival; and three, someone who can assure your passing of genes. The first two being extensions of the third. It can be either one or all three that cause this.

Descriptions like this are somewhat accurate, but lazy.

If you're writing a story you should be describing love through action. Someone in love is going above and beyond what is necessary. Often makes them seem silly, neurotic, irritated, etc. It depends on the character.

When u test ur bae by saying the drs to say you died in a car cras
And then ur bae jumps off the open hospital window cause his heart is so broken
Then you say no it was just a test but he really did live u so much

You and the other person are the same. After years of hard work and commitment, even though you are different individuals, you are united under the same overarching spirit.

Not going to happen to us bro, don't write about love, write about lovelessness.

a cosmic and pure connection between two human beings with absolutely no malice involved.
there is only safety and security.
the essence of two humans' very existence intertwining to create one fabric.

not lust, not infatuation. not 'love at first sight.' not admiring someone from afar. not obsession. not a one-sided possession.

light and warmth permeate through my chest, i get so excited i might vomit.
it's so beautiful.
i'm so in love it hurts.

(can you sense it?)

i forgot to write that a childlike naivety and innocence is involved in love.
when you find your love in this world, you're reminded of childhood. a sense of infinity begins to be felt. like being a kid and thinking it would go on forever.

i've never not once even contemplated doing anything that could potentially hurt my love.

>Love anything and your heart will be wrung and possibly broken. If you want to make sure of keeping it intact you must give it to no one, not even an animal. Wrap it carefully round with hobbies and little luxuries; avoid all entanglements. Lock it up safe in the casket or coffin of your selfishness. But in that casket, safe, dark, motionless, airless, it will change. It will not be broken; it will become unbreakable, impenetrable, irredeemable. To love is to be vulnerable.

Keep telling yourself that you will be crying yourself to sleep.

>mfw been there done that.

Unadulterated pleasure and happiness. Extreme pain afterwards for eternity once she leaves you.

c.s. lewis is correct; but, if one were to avoid all potential love, one will never have even a chance at finding love. i find it sad that many people wish to avoid potential love because they fear being harmed. love is vulnerable, but if you and another being are truly in love, neither party would ever wish to harm each other. that’s love. of course, many people will think they’ve found love when, in reality, they’re not even close to it. people married for 50 years often don’t love each other. all the let-downs and chaos is worth it in the end to be in love.

if she leaves you, it was never love.

bags of sand

sexual instinct

love isn't real faggot

I deeply pity you.

I believe that that was Lewis's point, that love entails suffering, but to try to avoid the suffering is much worse.

This

Thermodynamic miracles... events with odds against so astronomical they're effectively impossible, like oxygen spontaneously becoming gold. I long to observe such a thing. And yet, in each human coupling, a thousand million sperm vie for a single egg. Multiply those odds by countless generations, against the odds of your ancestors being alive; meeting; siring this precise son; that exact daughter... Until your mother loves a man she has every reason to hate, and of that union, of the thousand million children competing for fertilization, it was you, only you, that emerged. To distill so specific a form from that chaos of improbability, like turning air to gold... that is the crowning unlikelihood. The thermodynamic miracle.

Love doesn't exist. Ignore all these other cringy explanations.

a poo

Love is deeply and essentially naive. It's something perhaps best described by anecdote but I find my own too painful and personal to transcribe here.

it's like blueballs in your heart

What a load of bullshit, I hope you posted this ironically.

Love is an attempt to make something infinite finite. It will never work out

Nah man... my love left me.

it's like my uterus lining shredding from low vibrational contraction before a period starts and legs feel heavy

i meant that they didn't love you.. i think unless they still loved you but left for some odd reason outside of "falling out of love" (not possible..) then they didn't love you
i'm so sorry
i'm really sorry

For me I hate reading out loud and she will put her head on my lap and make me read to her and I will.

It's frustrating but very rewarding at times.

It's like liking someone but like liking them

>comicfags argue Watchmen is art

l m a o

blue benis :D

Second option of this plus this terrific definition:Love is just a drug, a very powerful one. Each person react differently to it's effects, some act like fools, others become angry, jealous, sad and so on... And there are others that become depressed and suicidal.

I cried. Reviewbrah and his friend

I never felt love, but I do have expectations regarding it.

I think it's something of an understanding, not being afraid of what the other thinks of you 'cause whatever it is you do, is already you. Of course this mean you have an expectation of yourself not to do something that would hurt the other. It's trust. Trust and expectation. The means risk.

Imagine a swing next to a ravine. You get your momentum. You're sitting in that unstable little shitty swing, going out in the middle of nothing, with just a ravine under you. Hoping the swing won't tip over from the weight of your love. That you won't love too much, that you won't smother, that you won't allow to be ruled or governed by this other person, that you still have something of yourself.
Then the swing goes back into reality, and you have your moment of clarity, when you can have the chance to stop the swing back into the ravine, but instead you rev up, and hope for the best. There's no real way of avoiding that pain, just prepare to swing back, don't fall into the ravine.
I'm not a regular at Veeky Forums, I'm just drunk after St. Pat's and got lost here. Hope you lot don't mind a /co/mrade popping by, and I hope I made some sense.

The only non-cringe posts in this thread (yes, including mine)

Nah, mine was pretty good. le cringe le x le d le kys

I guess the concept of natural selection didn't appeal to Alan Moore

>Muh happiness is dopamine meme

No it was cringe.

being in love is just like my manic episodes

the happiness of someone sharing their life with you
the weakness of you sharing your own

kek'd hard

it's a quote you retard

It's like you just beat your personal best in snatches and all your bros saw you doing it.

from my one experience that I don't wish to repeat, it's sort of like you feel as though your ego merges with another person's and there's quite a profound sense of being the same person in two bodies along with your partner. There's a point at which you feel quite incomplete when not in that person's company, and being with them doesn't even require any communication there's just a very pure tranquility almost like being alone but without the negative feeling of loneliness.

Then comes the crumbling of your reality and the erasure of your past, present and future when they betray you and you very quickly figure out that while you thought you were the same person, neither of you were ever quite able to peak into each other's little locked boxes inside each other's heads and your perception of who they were, especially in relation to you, was actually a total falsehood and suddenly appears like a very flimsy mask that fooled you, and you feel like an utter fool. After that's all sunk in, it becomes impossible to ever take another woman at all seriously.

What jesus felt for humanity

becoming self-absorbed to a point where if there existed an instrument to measure such a thing, it would be incapable of doing so

a thing that's going to pass, another meaningless thing, all women are whores

When it's good it feels like taking a very small dosage of MDMA.
When it's bad it feels exactly how you would expect, not good at all.

Which video is the gif from?

i want a gf so bad ;_;

They only bring pain when they inevitably cheat on you with some random tattooed guy.

With Taylor Swift

>This is me praying that
>This was the very first page
>Not where the story line ends
>My thoughts will echo your name
>Until I see you again
>These are the words I held back
>As I was leaving too soon
>I was enchanted to meet you

Love is like keeping your eyes open when you know a jump-scare is coming, and still getting scared and upset when it does.

retrospectively.

Seconding this. Want to know

so true

absolute slavery

youtube.com/watch?v=DH9ouo8-Dww

One of his more surreal pieces

I wish I knew

this is legitimately a deeply affecting video. reviewbrah is a genius.

youtube.com/watch?v=eWlYOPoXqKY

baby, don't hurt me no more

Love evolved as a way to lock the male to the female so that the male would actually stick around long enough to raise the kid. This is why females cannot love the way males can. They have no such mechanism.

t. STEMlord

Love is like being a ginormous whale in space that eats the stars with a woman clasped to his back, giddy with delight as you swim the expanse. With each swallowed sun you feel yourself grow warmer and warmer until the stars burst from your belly consuming you and the girl in their fire, writhing in pain as you are consumed by what you had once consumed.

What will romantic love do for someone that a close platonic one won't?

Good Luck with women/men, user. I hope you're right and find love who doesn't leave you.

Hook me up with your dealer's number plz and thank

Like this youtube.com/watch?v=6xcwt9mSbYE

this is tight

It's washing the kidney stones out of your rectum, without complaining.

Abject mockery.

>life is the real curse waaaaaaaaaah mommy
>living is inherently suffering and that's a bad thing waaaaaah
Gnosticism is a meme

"Heroic" types are the ultimate confirmation of the Gnostic tenet of absurd suffering in the Material world. Even one's whole life spent on the treadmill did nothing to mitigate it, to change it, or to end it.

I don't know but when i feel love for someone i can't look them in the eyes because i just want to punch them in the face and run away

You realize that you're not your usual self, but you don't really mind. You like this "different feeling" a lot. It's something new. It's a change that you really need. You find yourself wanting more. As you get closer and closer, your emotions transform into a runaway truck. You still don't mind because it feels so damn good. It's like a syringe of the good stuff. Just like with the good stuff, however, you cannot live in between intoxication and sobriety. You either seize love or you fail. If you seize it, the pleasure continues until something goes wrong. If you fail, the runaway truck zooms off the cliff and comes crashing down in a horrific, deafening catastrophe. If it doesn't kill you, it will hurt very bad for very long.

You're all going to hate how vulnerable it's going to make you.

What the fuck did I just read?

I already do.

I wouldn't know

wat a puss

tell that to the man who got his life destroyed when his wife divorced him, took his money and kids and lives with another guy.

>marriage
>having kids
he brought this on himself.

i hate being callous and bottling it all up more desu.

there are also degrees of vulnerability. it's not so black and white that you go from a light-hearted relationship to sheer dependency.

You're just lonely. GFs are overrated desu sure you can find a good one every so often but how likely is that?

Show don't tell

Describe your loneliness and depression and then just invert all the words.

Mai waifu