Pinpoint the moment when everything went wrong in Western philosophy

Pinpoint the moment when everything went wrong in Western philosophy.

Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

jstor.org/stable/20130496
docdro.id/71iS3yd
twitter.com/AnonBabble

unfortunately... relativism. nietzsche was the peak and the descent to madness

the enlightenment

Bertrand Russell. And it's so obvious.

>Hegel published his proof that there must be exactly seven planets just a week before the discovery of the eighth. The matter was hushed up, and a new, revised edition was hastily prepared; nevertheless, there were some who scoffed.

was it autism?

Good thing richard rorty came along and saved it

Hegel is a favorite of mine, and this is hilarious if it's true.

KANT motherfuckers

According to some Harvard article I found on Google this is bs, but it was boring so I didn't read most of it but I'm going to accept it as a true.

This.

Bullshit, it has to be Socrates. The Sohpists were more advanced than our fucking post structuralists and it has taken us over 2000 years to get back to their ideas, all because one guy had to be a massive fucking troll.

Source:

Bertrand Russell, Unpopular Essays (1950), Chapter IV, Part iii, p. 75

Harvard is shit

Bertrand Russell is shittier

Enlightenment
Scientism

>imfuckingplying

pic related is where everything went wrong.

"But what if what is is not?"

"Oh Socrates, you are so wise!"

this reminds me of Husserl's argument against heliocentrism

Heliocentrism is wrong.

Can you talk about that a bit?

are you a geocentrist? because Husserl was

Are you the Husserl scholar who's forced to flip burgers because he can't get hired?

>implying i believe in a 'center'

i don't really want to, but you can read the same paper i read: jstor.org/stable/20130496

no, is that a specific poster on Veeky Forums?
Husserl's cool, but i wouldn't devote my career to him

Pluto is now not a planet, so Hegel is actually right.

The planet writing did happen. Hegel presented it at his appointment ceremony.

It was in a thread recently and some user spams the question whenever Husserl is mentioned.
>hahah us lit posters right

I uploaded the pdf here in case anyone who wants to read this can't get past the paywall: docdro.id/71iS3yd

there used to be 9 planets you absolute fucktard, without pluto there are 8

I swear the average IQ of this board drops by a point every week

9-1 = 7

ok

That doesn't really have anything to do with IQ.

average fagel reader ladies and gentlemen

>Women may well be educated, but they are not made for the higher sciences, for philosophy and certain artistic productions which require a universal element. Women may have insights, taste, and delicacy, but they do not possess the ideal … When women are in charge of government, the state is in danger, for their actions are based not on the demands of universality but on contingent inclination and opinion (§ 166).

Literally BTFO Schoppy in the domain the latter is worshipped on Veeky Forums.

Literally the first reasonable Hegel line I've ever read.

In actual philosophy Schopenhauer blows him the fuck out a hundred times over

This

>universality exists

>he thinks whites aren't smart and spiritual enough to grasp the ramblings of other races in all time periods

We were chosen by Geist user. Why do you think it was europeans who mapped and constructed the histories of the other civilizations,

What about the moment when everything went right?

I swear to God you are the only Whitehead poster in the entire board.

Give me cliffs about that book

I need an objective, scientific answer: are ideas like this just old-fashioned and sexist, or is modern society just censoring them because of political correctness?

ty

secularizing christianity was a bad idea all around.
Kant is directly responsible for Hegel

It's Hegel but for smart people.

>more advanced
>advanced
>talking/thinking in reductionist terms of linear time and advancement/retardation

oh I'm laffin

old fashioned and sexist.

seconded

You were close OP,

Pic related

Good reference, you get top marx.

So women are just as smart and funny and capable as men in all intellectual pursuits and it's just our patriarchal society holding them through the use of physical strength? That is the only thing I can infer from this, because if women were intellectually equal to men they'd have figured out a way to achieve equality.

Marx did nothing wrong neither did Frankfurt School

That does now follow from what user wrote. Apply yourself.

wow wrong reply sorry

wtf i love bbc now

Women and men are intellectually equal, but tend to have different interests and different ways of engaging in those interests. So that's why, when you use an average statistical number, you'll get a disparity between men and women in most areas.

>Women and men are intellectually equal, but tend to have different interests and different ways of engaging in those interests.

Which is just another way of saying they're not equal.

nice newspeak

Well, on average, obviously not. I mean, do you really expect men and women, two bodies who have entirely different biological functions, to also have the same behavioral tendencies? That'd be dumb.

>entirely different
weak b8 m8

The latter. It's pretty obvious that men and women don't think the same, and pretending that they do will have disastrous consequences. Same thing applies to race.

>either women and men are exactly the same or every sexist thought put to paper by 18th century autists is accurate
>there is no inbetween, you must choose

These questions are answered by simply looking at the theory of evolution.

If women's role is child birth and being attractive, I don't see how natural selection gives us more intelligent women or women who can advance the human race.

you have a pretty poor understanding of genes then

How is this a bait? You don't need a society to "dictate" males and females acting differently. That's precisely what you see in the animal world. Lions, tigers, hienas. In every single one of those, each sex behaves differently from the other. The same translates to humans, only we have a wider variety of behaviors, but that still doesn't exclude the biological and therefore biochemical difference in our bodies, which accounts for an "average male behavior" and an "average female behavior".
But just like I said, those are averages. It isn't a rule.

plato

If men and women are equal except in physical differences and there are more men in power that means the only thing men had to leverage to gain this power is the physical advantage.

In other words, men used their strength to gain power over women, both politically and in the corporate world.

That does not compute. We're not in the middle ages anymore, if women were smart they'd figure out a way to contribute.

>entirely

Mental capacity is similar. The drive to use it or the way it is used is the thing that differs. Not hard to get.

suck a dick

Hegel was low iq
Marx was neanderthal
Nietzsche was a literal monkey

Socrates

when academic institutions became donimnated by a neo-liberal, customer-product dynamic.

once universities started looking at students as customers and knowledge as a product western thought was fucked

kek, good one

ITT: people who never read a single word of Hegel

>implying I didn't read like half a page once in the library

>and if they did it was some shitty translation

It kind of boggles me that despite a clear awareness of the supremacy of language in reason and thought, we still assume that we can just translate abstract philosophical texts to state the same argument in a different language.

nigga that aint a philosopher thats god

What does Plato's just man have got to do with downfall of philosophy?

t. HusserlAnon

>ITT: bitter pseuds try to tear down those who are superior to them but can't defend themselves because they are dead