Short stories > novellas > plays > novels > poems

Short stories > novellas > plays > novels > poems

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OdahSTbhU7g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Poetry > philosophical work > plays > essays > short stories > novels > novellas

Don't post on my board again.

>pure plebbery

>philosophical work

Fuck off, Reddit. Philosophy is rendered pointless by God and the Bible. You're probably an atheist, too.

>Poetry > philosophical work > plays > essays > short stories > novels > novellas
>Don't post on my board again.

Novellas:
Animal Farm
The Little Prince
Metamorphosis
The Old Man and the Sea
Sorrows of Young Werther
The Pearl
Turn of the Screw
Death in Venice
The Overcoat
The Time Machine
The Dead
Heart of Darkness
Siddhartha
Of Mice and Men
Death of Ivan Illych

punch yourself in the nuts, pls

So are you going to post some good novellas or are you trying to prove his point?

ITS LITERALLY BACKWARDS.
change those fucking signs around RIGHT now.

>inb4 poetryfags autismal screeching

Poetry is a dead form

So are plays.

poetry > poems

ancient poetry>novels>most poetry>novellas>plays>essays>short stories>reading movie or tv scripts>contemporary poetry

Although exceptions excist, e.g. Shakspere.

poetry > everything

BTFO

No wait, I fucked that up.

Modern poetry > Ancient poetry > Contemporary poetry > e v e r y t h i n g

I get overexcited by glorious poetic prose to the point where it physically releases positive hormones and is better than any drug I've ever tried.

But I just can't get into poems. I read them over and over and just think they're stupid. Not a tingle or a wiggle of excitement.

youtube.com/watch?v=OdahSTbhU7g
godtier

novels > lyric poetry > novellas > short stories > epic poetry > plays

I relate with this completely. I am ecstatic when I read good prose, but I'm yet to read a poem that produces any sort of reaction in me.

You probably read poems that are translated

here goes:

poetry > short stories > novellas > novels > kino > plays

I'm glad someone agrees. I think that it's potentially to do with prose having some form of intent. I know it's trying to get somewhere, to a particular point or development. If it does that in a magical way then it's like a journey. With poetry I often find that to me it feels like language for language's sake and a lot of poets try too hard.

Was metamorphosis really that good?

agree t.b.h

sometimes I read short stories by authors that never really grabbed me and I end up often liking them a lot more afterward

>Translation: I really don't have the attention span for novels, don't understand poetry, and get bored watching plays. The internet is to blame for my generation's ADD and ignorance.

>citing all the novellas you had to read in world lit in high school
Great job buddy, you sure showed him.

Novels > Novellas > Plays > Epic Poems > Short Stories > Poems

good stuff =/= bad stuff

Patrician detected

>