Just found out 2 past PHD students under my professor killed themselves...

Just found out 2 past PHD students under my professor killed themselves. One died from intentionally breathing in Helium gas and the other died by a drug overdose shortly after graduating.

Should I be worried Veeky Forums? I mean, I am going to be doing a PhD starting in January 2018 with a fairly renowned scientist with several thousand citations.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XCgop5X35yw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

not uncommon for professors to treat students under them like absolute shit to the point where they commit suicide, just a matter of how much you're able to take

>falling for the academia meme
>being bullied / sexually harassed by your sperg professor for less than minimum wage

tippity kek

its actually kinda fun if you arent a thin skinned pussy

It's over OP.

look at the bright side OP you will likely kill yourself in an original way like by asphyxiation with helium.

>not liking to be abused by older men in positions of authority
I just don't get some people

yeah you're fucked. sounds like that PI is a slave driver.

Make it easier to yourself and do it right now.

It's almost like realizing that you have slaved away the best years of your life studying a subject 80% of the population doesn't know even exist only to get a fancy title and to never be remembered by anyone after you died and never discovering something groundbreaking like 99% of all scientists is depressing.

If you go down take them with you. Go out in style asphyxiate yourself with lab nitrogen or another piece of lab equipment. If you do it on university property university becomes sort of liable. Three strikes and they're out.

>If you do it on university property university becomes sort of liable. Three strikes and they're out.
Where did you get that from?

80%??? you kidding? I wouldn't bet even at 90%. People are getting dumber and dumber every year, it's the theory of de-evolution

>Should I be worried Veeky Forums?
better change your thesis subject and supervisor.

>caring about other people
lmao

>a PhD starting in January 2018 with a fairly renowned scientist with several thousand citations.
And this is where you went wrong. Don't go for the bigshots, they are just managers and won't give you any meaningful advise on your research. I know some students who saw their prof twice every year during their phd. For 30 minute talks. The rest was handled by overworked postdocs who will leave before you are finished and see you as a monkey that can do the tedious parts of their research.

If it's not too late, go to some other group.

AT LEAST WERE NOT ENGICOCKSUCKERS

This meme isn't very good, but the bottom panel made it even worse. Remove it

But this phd is a funded scholarship. I don't really have any other offers at the moment.

Getting harassed even when you do everything correctly is fun as long as you don't mind being harassed for things you didn't do wrong.

Well, always remember: Helium is cheaper and less painfull than an overdose

Evolution by natural selection doesn't care about intelligence. It only cares about what can survive.

What kind of cuck would take that? Just tell them to stop being an asshole for no good reason.

>You got an Arch-Wizard as your Professor.

Good luck user. You will need it.

>You got the fucking Pai Mei of Professors.

youtube.com/watch?v=XCgop5X35yw

Survive and become one with the force OP.