Found some pork bangers from a british food store. Fried them up, but they tasted terrible...

Found some pork bangers from a british food store. Fried them up, but they tasted terrible. They were so weird and mushy on the inside. Did I cook these wrong, or are they normally like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=stUSw3M-IPI
youtube.com/watch?v=YirehcKwXi0
meatsandsausages.com/sausage-recipes/fresh/uk/bangers
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Harold Wood's

Never urd' of em sausages before.

Those are literally some of the shittiest sausages iv ever seen, no wonder they were awful.

Go to a butchers, buy fresh (not frozen) and make sure they have a high meat content.

Decent UK sausages should be dense and snap when you bite in to them.

Frozen sausages like that are the kind of thing are government use to poison poor school children on the sly.

Inb4 404
British """"""""cuisine"""""""" threads are not allowed at Veeky Forums, because it's not food

Sounds like you bought some shitty sausages.

If the sausage meat isn't kept properly cold while the sausages are made the emulsion splits. That wouldn't affect the flavor, but it does create an awful mushy texture. The same thing can happen by repeated thawing and freezing.

UK Vs US food threads though fun are starting to get a bit had now imo.

I think both nations are world leaders at creating shit food.

Those sausages look like the frozen ones you can buy for £2 for 40.

>high meat content
As opposed to what?
You do realise what you're implying about Britsausages, right? That your sausages are routinely made with high amounts of notmeat, yeah?
Not even that guy, but no wonder no variety of Britsausage is world famous while everyone knows Polish, German, Hungarian, Slovenian etc ones: because they're made mostly of toast, just like your sandwiches.

get to a farmer's market lad. fat, fresh juicy sausages to be had.

>As opposed to what?
>You do realise what you're implying about Britsausages, right? That your sausages are routinely made with high amounts of notmeat, yeah?

As apposed to utter shit buy some decent sausages.

Shit is shit where ever you go.

It would be the same if i posted (see pic) a really shitty burger then bleated on about how shit American burgers are compared to UK ones.

You seemed to have failed to grasp that you've admitted that Britsausages are routinely made with high amounts of notmeat (presumably egg and rusk IE toast because I Brits love putting rusk places it doesn't belong). Not a single variety of sausage in my country is made with high enough amounts of any nonmeat ingredients where we need to do research beforehand to make sure we're not getting meatjewed when visiting the butcher.
But hey: you enjoy your shitty meatloaf tubes, if you like them.

>That your sausages are routinely made with high amounts of notmeat, yeah?

That's really a thing. Cheap sausages will contain lower quality meat, or fillers like breadcrumbs, oats, etc.

For example:
youtube.com/watch?v=stUSw3M-IPI

though ironically, a "Banger" should traditionally have some filler. That's where the name "banger" comes from--the high filler content would make the sausages burst during cooking, hence the "bang".

>You seemed to have failed to grasp that you've admitted that Britsausages are routinely made with high amounts of notmeat

No i haven't user, iv admitted that dirt cheap shit sausages are full of no-meat filler, no matter where you are.

Those are not in anyway traditional British sausages, they are so shit tier i doubt they'd even be served up in a British prison.

OP here. The pic shown isn't one I took, but they looked similar to the ones I bought. I do think I remember seeing it was filled with flour with the meat

I'd guessed, perhaps incorrectly, that they were called 'bangers' because they're shaped like fireworks, which go bang. Or like dicks, which 'bang' things.
Sausages I'm used to are always /at least/ 90% meat, which sausages towards that lower number, like our versions of hot dogs, typically being emulsified sausages. The extra notmeat ingredients are typically binders for the emulsion IE albumins and potato starch. Sausages made from straight mince need no such binders, so they're typically of higher meat content, like 95% and up.
Unless you're considering the fat portion of mince separate, cuz the mince for our sausages is almost universally 35% fat, with a few going as low as 20%.

>Sausages I'm used to are always /at least/ 90% meat

I m in UK and Sausages from Butchers or Supermarket are typically about 85% + meat content here.
Yes you can buy cheaper sausages with more filler but honestly the only time i ever have them is on the rare occasion i have Sausage and chips from a Fish & Chip takeaway.
Meat content aside i do have a nostalgic affection for the cheap ones with chips, even more so in batter.

Sounds like you didn't cook them long enough. Or maybe they were higher fat/rusk content than other sausages. Stop whining desu.

t. Nigel

Backpedaling a bit, I was mistaken with my 90% figure. 80% is more typical for emulsified sausages and 85-95% for other types. Just remembered that caramelised onion or roasted garlic are added to a lot of emulsified sausages, and they add another bit of notmeat mass. Still no rusk, tho. That's for meatloaf.

the lowest and nastiest American trash food is still infinitely better than the slop you Brits consume

I have seen this ladies meme cooking videos.

She is an anomaly and in no way represents normal British cuisine.

You can bind a shitload of water to minced meat with phosphate. I think even 60% water content are not noticeable when you compensate with seasoning.

user, you should never eat meat from England because you could get mad cow disease from their slimy BSE meat.

To be fair, they look like awful, cheap shite.
Wound not buy/10

Get some proper sausage

KAYS GOOD COOKING

Kay is the queen of Veeky Forums and the official ambassador of fine British dining to the world!

RAVIOLI:
youtube.com/watch?v=YirehcKwXi0

No bully!!

OI 'AVE YOU TRIED THIS SHITE? IT'S BLOODY DELICIOUS MATE

OI BRUV SOME BLOODY GOOD STUFF RIGHT THERE INNIT?

>Kay is the queen of Veeky Forums and the official ambassador of fine British dining to the world!
>OI 'AVE YOU TRIED THIS SHITE? IT'S BLOODY DELICIOUS MATE

Will investigate further.

pork is forbidden user

>>He thinks bangers are a beef sausage

Any Brits looking for a decent sausage at the supermarket, iv found ones in pic to be best imo.

I've made this recipe for Bangers from this website which is pretty authentic in their international sausage recipes and it uses 60g rusk to 1kg pork. The rusk is such a small amount you don't even notice it and could easily leave it out. Primary spices were garlic, pepper, marjoram, oregano, savory and thyme. As an american, I think it's a very nicely flavored sausage.

meatsandsausages.com/sausage-recipes/fresh/uk/bangers

pretty racist desu

You bought shit sausages. If any part of the name is in quotations, it will be a shitty knock off.

i.e. don't get "Cumberland" sausages, get Cumberland sausages.

>make sure they have a high meat content.
>when buying sausages

just british things

>be bong
>put oats and shit in your sausages
>put tobacco in your marijuana and ONLY smoke it this way, argue with every single person that they're doing it wrong despite only europeans doing this

>drink beer warm because haven't figured out refrigeration yet

For the record OP brought those utter fucking shit sticks in the US.
I dont think the manufacturer is even British desu.

it wasn't OP who advised himeslf to buy sausages made out of meat

Clearly, as his picture evidences.

Honestly i feel disgusted that companies are allowed to smear our good name by selling that shit as 'traditional British'.