Hot sauce thread? Post your favorite hot sauces and recommendations

Hot sauce thread? Post your favorite hot sauces and recommendations.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wL4B82Q3K7E
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Ive been getting recommendations from the Hot Ones youtube channel. Pretty comfy show, but I can only find the sauces online.

which sauces? i'm hoping the sauces aren't oily becauuse those are the worst tasting

Just finished my bottle of Dave's Gourmet scorpion sauce
Currently eating 2 pepper palace sauces, voodoo reaper and scorpion stinger.

They're nice but would like if they were hotter. I thought they'd be hotter since they are reaper and scorpion based but vinegar is the first ingredient on both. Not bad but really need to eat a lot to get the heat

Who here got the new Tabasco scorpion sauce on preorder?

Feels bad I missed the first batch

i like valentinas but i def need to go to something hotter soon black label isnt cutting it no more

Can I use this thread to ask about this sauce?

I just spotted this and added it to my grocery basket online but I'm unsure if I should buy it.

I tasted regular mustard once and it was very strong and overpowering but what is this stuff going to taste like? I was going to get it for pork sandwiches.

I want to start sampling America southern cuisine, but I'm a britbong. Not sure what to expect.

Red pill me on this.

tried this, really hot. now i dont use hot sauce for dipping, if i need heat i add some ghost powder flakes

Also Brit, just buy it, it will be nice with pork, whats the worst that can happen anyway?

Heartbreaking Dawns 1498

It will be no where near as "hot" as British (e.g. Coleman's) or German mustard. The "hotness" of mustard comes from soaking the mustard seeds / power in water. You then add vinegar to stop the hotness increasing. Most American mustards skip the water part and just soak the seeds / powder in vinegar. The bottle also says "mild", so it won't have a lot of cayenne pepper either. Honestly, it will probably be pretty sweet.

Love hot sauces but I feel I haven't tried enough variations. I enjoy cooking with blair's sudden death but for toppings I'm currently using some generic jamaican habanero sauce

American Southerner here, literally the only thing we use mustard for is baked beans and some fags put it on ribs

Why you gotta go messing with the original? Add some melted butter and make your own wing sauce

Ok dude, will try it.

Good info, thanks. Sounds much more mild.

Bump

Molasses based

Best Flavor:
>Crystal
>Cholula
>Sriracha

Hot and with Good Flavor:
>Dave's Insanity Original

Goes on everything.

Going to make wings with Blaire's Mega Death. How much is enough? Is a dab enough? Or should I be cautious and dip a toothpick in the hot sauce and then put it in my wing sauce?

Really depends on how tolerant you are. I know that's a lame answer but it's true. There's sauces where like it says USE ONE DROP AT A TIME FOR A GALLON OF CHILI and for some people that's a warning worth heeding but for others (myself included) I can just pour that shit on whatever and be fine.

youtube.com/watch?v=wL4B82Q3K7E
Post your hot sauces!

So Cal favorite

Can't wait for the Portland hot sauce expo this weekend.

just found this today and its fucking insane with french fries and chicken wings

Crystals Extra Hot..nice and simple

the GOAT louisiana style hot sauce

as far as mexican hot sauces go, i like pic related

I really didn't want to like this, but it's fucking delicious.

Blair's Ultra Death

These are GOAT sauces, but for the Gringo Bandito the patrician's choice is pic related

where do you buy it at? quite expensive online and it's not in the local grocery stores yet

I didn't realize we were on reddit. Wanna talk about whiskey and how rare steaks mean you're a man, nu-male?

Not black label PLEB!

Make your own from homegrown peppers! That being said El Yucateco and Endorphin Rush are really good sauces. My Nigerian neighbor just gave me a mystery bottle of fermented stuff but it's fucking great...

The Nigerians have some of the best jenkem available, you're a lucky guy to have a neighbor give you some.

Sort of jelly here

kek, faggot. 2bh it's damned good.
ITP thai dragon, habanero, Carolina Reaper, jalapeƱo

Bit late to the party, but I'll add that if you like mayo on sandwiches as well and you find a mustard too strong for you, you can just mix them at a 1:1 (or whatever really) ratio to cut back on the intensity.

The only ones I keep on hand are a sriracha and tapatio. Foor hotter food I tend to just cook with chilis and spices or make my own hot sauce

>work at a cafeteria
>they give 'buffalo sauce' out with orders of wings
>literally just frank's red hot, no butter added

I decided to try this and I like it, but it isn't very hot.

It should almost be considered taco sauce and not hot sauce.
It is good though, it's on the table at most Mexican restaurants for a reason

Nice peppers, my man! Ferment the hell out of those globules of hot goodness with a 4-6% brine and you btfo of any pateurized shelf stable crap.

WHAT'S IN THE BOTTLE?! seriously though, tell me. and thank, going to try my first fermented sauce this year. Last year [first year growing] I just made a lot of vinegar spiked ones. Mango/ghost was a neighbor favorite.

Lately I've been forced to admit that I've become a hot sauce hipster. Mass market hot sauces just don't do it for me anymore.

For anyone who lives in the Mideast, pic related is not as hot as I usually like but the flavor is 10/10.

What's good places to buy sauce?
There's a hot sauce store I've been going to each week but they only do a good job keeping their in house brand stocked (pepper palace)

I've found some nice super hot sauce there but they don't seem to replenish too often. Walmart just stocks Tabasco tier stuff. Is the best place to get really nice sauces just the internet? If so that's cool, I actually have the new Tabasco Scorpion sauce on pre-order

>what's in the bottle

Well, it was a thread on here that got me into fermenting last year instead of doing a vinegar brine for hot sauce. Pic was just ground tabasco peppers fermented with a 4% brine. I'm waiting for my habeneros to ripen and I'm going to do a habanero/garlic with a 5% brine. I know one guy is adding tomatoes but I'm going the purity route and just adding garlic.

Came here to post this, I used to drink this stuff it's so good. Can't find anymore in my local grocery so I need to order off Amazon

GL. If you need any seeds or anything for hot peppers I'm more than happy to mail some out.

most of the ones they choose are bretty good

[email protected]
One hour. send me a msg and I'll mail ya some seeds this week.

There's a periodic hotsauce fermentation thread that i usually make once pepper season starts. So keep your eyes open for that in early September.

And for people wondering, I have yet to kill my self with botulism

>And for people wondering, I have yet to kill my self with botulism
I make my own spicy pickles every Fall. Likewise have not died of botulism.

I made homemade mead once and killed myself with botulism, so I'd recommend sticking with store bought stuff.

t. Big Mead Co.

People in a previous thread had thought I'd died after disappearing for a solid 5-6 months. Just a car accident, but my gallons of hotsauce helped with that

glad you're alive, user.

I ain't.

kek. Talking to the dead is an impressive feat even for an Ethiopian cross-stitching forum

My offer is still up. If any one in VT wants some of my hotsauce, there are plenty of breweries we can meet at.
Plz no bully : (

[email protected]
trade hot sauce via USPS? DC here.

Is that a real email? And if so totally.

Solid everyday sauce

I don't usually seek it out specifically, but whenever I'm in a grocery store I'll usually check their hot sauce selection. Local non-chain places are good, hippie stores are good, mexican groceries, etc. I found the one in my pic at a Whole Foods.

You do have literally hundreds if not thousands of sauces to choose from if you decide to just order them online but it kinda ruins the fun.

temp email. send me something and I'll reply from my real email

Already did, let me know if you got it. MIGHT have Copy pasted wrong

Got it. replied. ab to sleep but we can talk thru email now