Beer Thread

I realize that there is an alcohol thread, but I haven't seen a good beer thread lately. I bought a couple of image fagmiliar. Recommend/post some stouts that might be available in the southern part of the US, please. Also, what's your favorite beer? I know IPA, but after that...

Other urls found in this thread:

craftypint.com/beers
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

And no... I don't have a fancy tulip glass to drink from, sorry. Maybe I'll buy one eventually.

Holy shit that beer fucking sucks.

I choose to ignore your instruction, and instead I'll tell you that I'm currently drinking blackrocks grand rabbits "dry hopped cream ale". It's pretty good

Sounds good. I wish I'd picked up several different stouts instead of two of these. I like it, but it's got a tad too much alcohol content for it's flavor.
That being my opinion, I can see how people enjoy stouts with higher abv. This one just ain't my bag. It's not terrible, though.

it's relatively low scoring on a couple of websites compared to the stout i got. do you think that's due to there being beer trends or something else going on with the ratings yours received?

ayyyyyy Mississippi on the glass

>I just luuuuuuv IPAs
>Let me tell you all about this beer you've probably never heard of

Nah, you're alright OP
I'll just have a normal beer thanks

I accidentally walked off with it from a bar.

No idea, I bought it in the city it was brewed in, and I don't rely on websites to tell me what to drink. Imo there are unquestionably better beers available (including many from the UP), but it is extremely drinkable and has a good if mellow flavor. If you had a friend who drinks macros and wants to get into craft/micro it would be a good option to share. You're not looking at something as hoppy as say an IPA, or heavy as a stout. I guess you could call it a session beer

It sounds good to me. Ive never made a purchase based on a website. Only recommendations from here or friends. I'm going to ask the guy at the beer store next time to recommend me a good range of different styles and have a friend or three do a tasting with me. I'll make another beer thread then, or post on one of yours.

ayyyy stack of cash

it's a notepad. one side is blank.

Honestly if you're interested in that brewery imo their best is honey lav, it's a good "drink ice cold at the beach" summer beer. I thought I'd hate drinking lavender flavor but I'll be fucked if it isn't great. Anyhow I could gush about UP beers lots but piss on that idea. I will say upper Michigan is worth it if you're into beer tourism. I've always liked bell's Oberon/Two Hearted/other Kalamazoo options but damn their new upper hand lineup is phenomenal.. like two years old or so. If you find yourself in escanaba, do yourself a favor and get a pint at Hereford & Hops. I've not met a beer of theirs I didn't love but their crown jewel/popular offering is whitetail ale (it's pretty good but not their best). I recommend Cleary Red

Outstanding. Thank you very much, user.

There is more good beer in the areas bordering Lake Michigan than there is near either salty coast

Had a few of Summit's Oktoberfest tonight. Good shit

What's your guilty pleasure, Veeky Forums?

Happy bachelor party niggers

Yupper what

I really wish I could have one. Anything that's even remotely cheap here in Finland isn't very pleasant compared to the more expensive stuff. And what you Americans consider cheap is always expensive here.

drinking this

blue moon with a slice of orange

>Also, what's your favorite beer?
probably at the moment tripel karmeliGOAT

australia has no good beer and it makes me sad. What can i drink in australia that doesn't taste like piss ladds

there's loads bro
what do you like?

typically i drift towards stouts and brown ales. I like wheatbeers as well.

I had a few good pale ales back in california but i've yet to find a decent one here

there's been loads of good dark ales released recently.

maybe find a decent bottle shop. you won't find much good stuff in liquorland or bws. what state are you in?

Did some light beer shopping today
Extremely glad that I found a few bottles of Double Jack now that they stopped making it.

Jever Pils good shit

Nice burn stains on that poverty carpet

This was the last beer I had. Good stuff.

Also anything from Bell's brewery is good. I don't drink dark beer. Makes me feel like shit.

It's some fluff from one of our cats on the lino kitchen floor. Nice projection though. I'm in a big country house full of beer and weed, which is presumably better than your current life circumstances.

>cats
Sure kid, just admit it's weed residue. I've lived in enough "luxury apartments" to know the classic ratty rug and generic floor-length blinds leading to the balcony combo

Epic my man
Here's some more in the fridge.

Beer room in the cellar.

Belgian/Trappist shelf

only the best for me friend.

Summit just released their fall seasonal. Seems early as fuck but I don't mind bc it's one of my favorite beers from them. Drank three last night.

>drinking stouts in the dead of summer
I can't believe people actually do this. Brown ales I can understand a bit, but stouts? Goddamn
Hamm's. It's the best shitbeer

I've noticed that in the last month, Timothy Taylor have changed their label designs. What's with all these companies having these established labels and such and changing them now to try and fit in with the craft beer crap?

Steel Reserve. Cheap and does its job well.

Cheers motherfuckers

Meh. I can get Pliny the Elder on draft any time I want.

Looks like communist propaganda

Exactly. This is what it used to look like.

And Boltmaker for good measure.

Hey I did the same. I like schells oktoberfest better, but at 7.1% summit will get you there while still being decent

user it's beautiful

2.5/6 through a 6 pack of that right now.

Drinking this for the first time right now. First IPA I've ever had. I like it.

can anyone suggest a beer that is high ABV but goes down really easily?

Pic related (9%) if you like wheats (or lagers), or Brother Thelonious (10%) if you like dark beers

It's not exclusive to beer.
They're adapting to the slick minimalism style that is everywhere.

this place is in my hometown

IPA fag here. All things being equal, my brew of choice is Commodore Perry IPA from Great Lakes brewery. If I had unlimited funds and unlimited liver capacity, I would go for Harpoon Leviathan IPA, but as it stands, I save that one for a special occasion.

Lately times have been tough (sigh) and I am stuck drinking swill. Steel Reserve tall boys. It's basically carbonated bourbon in a can, but it *will* get you drunk.

You'll find a better beer.
You'll find a cheaper beer.
But you'll never find a better cheap-beer, than Yuengling.
Cheers!

know any of the brewers?

I'm down in melbourne, supposedly tons of micro brews here but i've found that they all taste the same so far, a new bottleshop opened up near my work so i may wander into there soon to see what they got

God tier tastes user

This is objectively the best IPA

Which should I try tonight? Never had any Sam Smith's or the other two.

Glad you asked, OP.

I am currently enjoying the GOLDĀ© Standard of "Beers"!!

hahah fuck off.

oh I have some of that Westmalle also. same one.
seems to have a whole lot of sediment. how does it taste?

hef then chocolate

i actually put a couple in the freezer to chill em a bit before i try, and that's the two i chose.

>i may wander into there soon to see what they got
that's the best way to find new stuff
i also keep an eye on craftypint.com/beers to see if there's anything that sounds interesting coming out

in VIC i like 3 ravens, mornington peninsula, boatrocker, bridge road
moon dog make a lot of experimental stuff, they're hit or miss though

the chocolate is actually not too bad. i like it. it goes well with my monte.

The one beer I cannot get around here. Makes me sad.

The Midwest staple for me

I liked it, but it wouldn't be in my top 5 list.

This is great if you can find it, it's expensive but worth it.

I hate IPAs and really like Stella and Yeungling, any of you guys got any craft beer recommendations?

You could always try German or Brit beer. It isn't stupid hoppy, but still flavorful

I shall try this.

i agree

Clean your glass you disgusting animal

I work at two breweries local to me. I brew a beer at one, an oatmeal Baltic Porter that is my pride and joy. Look it up on untappd, it's called Jormangundr.

Currently drinking a gose from my other brewery, as I am also a huge fan of sours.

If you pour it carefully it's lovely. You absolutely need a clean glass though, otherwise the head won't form properly and it will taste tart. It's up to you whether to pour in the sediment or not. If not, leave about 1cm of beer in the bottle.

>you

I always found it a little lacking compared to something like St. Bernardus Wit. Then again I'm not a huge Witbier fan in general, I much prefer German Hefeweizen. Still quite pleasant though. I wish my supermarket stocked more Japanese beers than just Hitachino Nest and the standard macros.

Here are a few to get you started, you should be able to find most of them at beer shops or supermarkets unless you live in the desert or something.

Belgium
>Duvel
>Chimay White
>Delirium Tremens

Germany
>Jever
>Franziskaner
>Weihenstephaner

Czech Republic
>Pilsner Urquell
>Budweiser (original Budvar, not the piss from Burgerland)

UK
>Fuller's ESB
>Greene King Strong Suffolk

Nah it was from an ATF thread on /k/ I posted in a ways back

I swear if you put the Rochefort anywhere near a freezer I will find and kill you

you're missing out man
>pour rochefort into a bowl
>put it in freezer until almost frozen solid
>must that shit up
>eat it like ice cream

it's room temp. when im ready to drink it i will. ill let it get down to about 50 or what ever the suggested serving temp is. i dont remember.

This is the best

Has anyone tried Troegs Troegenator? It smells like wet dog for whatever reason, but it tastes okay.

These guys just started distributing shit to my area. The artwork is gimmicky, but kind of cool. The names are fucked, but the beer is pretty great. Their saison is made with rye so it has that spice to it and it works really well.

I'm not sure why, but I've actually never had anything from Schell's. I'll grab their oktoberfest next time I see it.

Why do people hype up IPA's so much? Every single IPA that I've tried tasted horrible to me.
In contrast, the best beer I've had so far was a Scotch Ale out of a brewery in Indy. I've only recently got into beer, but I just don't understand why there's such a contrast between IPA hype and my personal experiences...

Picked up a couple 4 packs of this

No one hypes them up, they're just common. Avoid west coast style ipas and you'll probably find one you might enjoy. If not then go try other beer instead. No one cares.

Pretty much anything Belgian or Belgian-style. Delirium Tremens, Duvel, various Trappist beers, etc.

i wish Americans had become obsessed over Bitters and not IPAs.

traditional bitters are super bland and boring though

It's possible that you just don't like IPAs while other people do. I know it's a bit shocking to find out that different people like different things, but it's the truth.

Slick minimalism is great and all, but it doesn't work when you get rid of a well-designed or iconic emblem in favor of something that you hope will attract hipsters who've "never heard of" the product.

I've had Eliot Ness and the Christmas Ale, maybe Fitzgerald porter too, but I don't recall. Aside from Perry IPA, anything else you'd recommend from Great Lakes? I'd like to go there next time I'm in Cleveland.

Just, why?

You're at the other end of the spectrum is all. IPAs are super hoppy, Scotch ales are super malty. I can appreciate both but some people have tastes firmly in one camp or the other.

Any good? I can get Central Waters around me but I haven't really loved anything I've had from them yet.

I love a good ESB

if you don't recall if you've had the Edmund Fitz porter, you owe it to yourself to get it again. One of my favorite easily available porters.

Any barrel aged central waters beer rules. Also their coffee stout is great

I'll keep an eye out. Definitely interested in the barrel aged quad if I can get it

Best beer reporting in