Is exercise really necessary to be a healthy human being?

Is exercise really necessary to be a healthy human being?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_association_footballers_who_died_while_playing
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3772595/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

a real human being

yes

Yup.

yeah

duh

> trying to balance my studies and a 5 day a week exercise routine at once

Yep! We were always told that it was literally arterial clean up and one should do it as often as taking a shower. Which is true

No

Depends on how active your lifestyle is. A menial labour job should generally do the trick but not as good as real exercise.

Yes, don't try to scape reality

Yes. I try to minimize the time I spend doing it. Do like 100 push-up burpees a day in a 30 minute period. Feels like enough, but I'm fat so who knows.

>is fat
>doesn't do aerobic excersise
ride a bike, it's the quickest way

If you engage with the superorganism when you are young then you have a lower serum C-reactive protein levels and other immune and vascular biomarkers later in life. This is associated with a lower risk of obesity, diabetes, heart attack, cancer, auto-imune diseases, alzherimers & stroke. All of these are non-communicable diseases which we are experiencing a rise in compared with infectious disease, for some we have improvement of outcomes (ie stroke) but others not.

Many of the non-communicable diseases are strongly related to immune and cholesterol delivery related pathologies. Amongst other things beta-blockers, blood thinners and anti-inflammatory drugs were used to great effect for this kind of thing, but now we are not so sure they dont just cause people to spend more time in ill-health than not dead.

Exercise opens up the vascular system, moves lymph and allows your body to start processes like tearing down and rebuilding your body. This aids the body drain and all cellular metabolism, which is why it is protective.

Burpees are aerobic. A bike would require my to leave my apartment.

i literally only spend 5 minutes daily doing 20 sit-ups, 8 push-ups, 20 squats, and 20 jumping jacks to account for my busy study schedule. This sissy routine has become an easy habit because it's more manageable than spending an hour straight on some days. Despite the short exercise time, I notice a significant confident frame around my waist and shoulders after 4 months

The fountain of youth is daily masturbation

Yes

Yep. Don't you feel bad (e.g. get back pains or headaches) if you don't exercise?

It's ~9 o'clock.
1. Open your eyes and get out of bed.
2. 60 pushups.
3. 100 squats while brushing your teeth.
4. 50 pushups while gargling with mouthwash.
5. Put water to boil.
6. 110 situps.
7. Turn the computer on.
8. Crush coffee beans.
9. Pour water on ground coffee.
10. 50 pushups.
11. 50 squats.
12. 50 situps.
It's about 9:25.
13. Coffee ready. Enjoy it, while reading, studying or just fucking around on the internet. Do more random bodyweight exercises occasionally.

Doesn't take any effort at all if you automate yourself like this. Do random bodyweight exercises whenever you can (at home).

"Health" or "Healthy" has no strict definition. Having a good diet and doing something relatively intensive for about 30min a day and you're pretty well off.
The fact that you recommend 160 push ups, 150 squats and 160 (in ~15 minutes because you apparently do all of your morning routine within the freamework as well) makes me think that you don't exercise much. That's many times more intense than an average bodyweight routine, and extremely unhealthy and overstraining to your body. OP would be better off lifting and dumbbells and barbells three times a week.

exercise can kill you in many evil ways

100 Push-Ups.
100 Sit-Ups.
100 Squats.
10KM Running.

Every single day!

>going for a jog
>accidentally jog off a cliff

WOOOOOW HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THAT WOULD HAPPEN

I rather meant to illustrate how easy it can be to at least get your blood flowing a little bit.
It's true that there are times when I wish I could exercise more - when I go to the gym only on the weekends. But whenever I can, I try to hit the gym every day I can. I don't do bodybuilding or anything like that, so a 1-day recovery is usually enough.

But I'm actually really curious, is it really overstraining my body, what I described my morning routine to be? Do you think I'ld have more energy throughout the day if I'ld skip it? I'ld at least have to stretch for a while or something, otherwise I'ld just feel horrible.

I never saw an athlete living more than 80 years.

>literally arterial clean
You can do that by having a healthy diet and not taking unnecessary medicine.
If you do exercise everyday you are just overloading your cells so they die faster and you live less.

the problem here is that your anecdotes and desire to justify sitting on your ass all day are countered by actual collected data. Data from health organizations consistently show that life expectancy goes up as amount of exercise increases.

The effects are even more pronounced for people who are overweight. Being obese completely fucks your life expectancy.

Of course, there is a limit. You should go full meathead and use steroids and spend hours at the gym every day picking things up and putting them down or your heart will explode. However, that's like telling somebody they shouldn't drink water because if they drink 6 liters of water in one sitting can kill you. Like water, you need to do an absolutely absurd amount of exercise for it to actually reach the tipping point where it's bad for you.

*you shouldn't go full meathead i mean

>real exercise
going to the gym is "real exercise"??????

Gym exercises are usually designed for long term health and improvement. Manual labor jobs usually involve a lot of actions by necessity that are horribly bad for your knees and back in the long run. For example, if you're lifting weights in a gym they stress using proper form and stance, but in an actual job that requires lifting heavy objects like hay bucking or mechanics, you'll often need to lean over something and lift it at an awkward angle

>who is Zyzz

He died from drugs, not exercise. He was juicing.

alright.
how about this then
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_association_footballers_who_died_while_playing

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit I can barely do 5 push ups.

>Data from health organizations
Yeah those guys definitely don't have a special interest.

Do 45 minutes for moderate aerobic activity every other day.

Why? Strong evidence demonstrates:

lower rates of all-cause mortality, coronary heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome, colon and breast cancer, and depression;
are likely to have less risk of a hip or vertebral fracture; exhibit a higher level of cardiorespiratory and muscular fitness; and are more likely to achieve weight maintenance, have a healthier body mass and composition.

These guys go too hard! Seriously. The human heart is not built for such prolonged high intensity as footballers/marathon/elite athletes &c.

People who do sports usually care more about their health as well, so these correlations are shit since it can be anything else but sports. The overweight group is the opposite. Meds like antidepressants and contraceptives can give you thrombosis and heart attack any time, so who knows?

good goy you need to go back to your containment board friendo; i thought we banished you with the cigarette threads

I think you're the "good goy" here, pal. Have fun wasting time and money on gym memberships and exercise equipment.

clearly an eng frend

yes.

anyone who answers no is a fat shit

True. It's probably exercise combined with healthy diet and general lifestyle, that makes the significant difference.

Physically
>yes
Mentally
>yes

consider glucose uptake. over time, your body will wear down its mechanisms that allow you to properly respond to insulin release, and exercise can slow that wear and tear. exercise can help you prevent the diabeetus

also it's good for circulation and other things

No. You have to work out when you get there.

I only go to the gym to stare at butts.

Male, female, doesn't matter. A butt is a butt.

Not really exercise, but balance.
If you want to be healthy but not exercise, don't expect to be eating much either.

I once searched for randomized controlled trials and exercise didn't really have much of an effect on lifespan.

I bet there are correlations but those are useless.

this stuff happens during moderate exercise too

Yes.

Interestingly many other animals don't. Cats being the most familiar example.

Thought is that it may be an adaptation to high human metabolism, you only keep the parts you use running.

Maybe humans have a more flexible metabolism that helps us cope with starvation.

Wait, what? Cats need exercise, too.

You ever seen a slob housecat? The poort thing has its tummy almost touching the floor and can barely jump up the stairs.
Plus, heartattacks are quite common among cats.

No.

It just seems that way because every other retard is a disgusting obese slob and so exercise (more technically, losing weight) adds back those years they shaved off from being fat.

If you aren't a fat POS, exercising will have marginal benefits.

if you think this "exercise" makes any difference for you you're retarded
to get any significant effects you have to do very intense cardio for 45 minutes every day
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3772595/

weightlifting has literally no effect on your mental health, and very little on your physical health
the only thing it does is increase muscle mass and therefore confidence, that's it
cardio is the only exercise that has tons of proven benefits, including physical and psychological

> DYEL: the thread

It's like you guys don't even want gains and better health.

Would you happen to be an engineer, by any chance?

Nah we're just redpilled, bro. Don't fall for the exercise Jew.

Weightlifting increases bone density, which prevents osteoporosis.

no. it is a myth perpetuated by the extreme left health industry to sell you expensive "active" products

Exercise is not only good for maintaining bodyweight/building muscle. It also affects the endocrine system (obviously).