Is Don Quixote worth reading in its entirety? I got through 250 pages and its the same process over and over:

Is Don Quixote worth reading in its entirety? I got through 250 pages and its the same process over and over:

DQ: Look at that thing
Sancho: That thing is not what you think it is
DQ: Shut up Sancho, we must attack the thing.
*Chaos ensues*
DQ: Look at that other thing.
Sancho: *rolls eyes.* That thing is not what you think it is.

And on and on and on...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZgQlwscDyus
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It deepens in the second part.

I don't know why people were acting like this novel is amazing and are completely in love with the characters, sure it's fun and theres lots to like about it but the ending feels extremely abrupt and OP has a point about there not being much variation for a 1000 page novel.

I haven't read it, but I agree, it sounds bad, not canonical, and I've just crossed it off my (huge) To Read List.

You and the other anons in this thread are bad readers. Maybe the consistently loved and revered novel is just better than you think it is, and it's your problem you can't appreciate it. Honestly, why do you people even bother to read? It can't be much fun.

Go back to read Rand bro.

>This novel is good because people say it is.

Who are you to call anyone a bad reader when you can't even justify its greatness without appealing to authority?

interwebz killed literature stars

This may be a troll thread but I'll answer honestly.

Yes, yes it very much is. The first part is weaker than the second, though I did still enjoy part one. The length was very intimidating, and I kind of found myself thinking what you're thinking, "Man another 700 pages of this?".

But in my journey through it, I grew to love all the characters, and I found the relationship between Sancho and Quixote to be one of my favorites from literature. The length is truly a boon, because it allows the reader to really, thoroughly establish a connection with the characters. You get to know them so well, that by the end you're just shaking your head at the wonderfully ridiculous things Quixote does, in part because you knew he would. Their more positive traits shine more too the longer the novel goes on. Honestly by the end I was almost hesitant to read the ending. I had been waiting to finish it so that I could move on to my next book, but the thought that these seemingly never ending adventures were finally and permanently coming to a definitive end was kind of sad, and it still kind of is to me.

The book is as much about the main characters as it is about the ridiculous adventures they they go on, to me at least. The more I think on it the more I understand it's importance and how it's stood the test of time for so so long.

>it sounds bad
wow
>not canonical
It is a great number of experts through a couple of centuries that decided that a book is canonical, and your feels can't change that.
>and I've just crossed it off my (huge) To Read List.
Who gives a fuck if it is huge? Go back to rėddit if this is how you approach literature.

When someone analyzes a book for someone else, it is usually because the second person doesn't know much about books and reading. That user actually thinks you're capable of analyzing it yourself and only reminds you that many other good readers did so. I also think that you can do it, if you put in a modicum of effort.

it's a good book, but the first part is pretty repetitive. people do overrate it a bit but it's still worth a read.

No, no, no, no. The book is actually good, better then you think, trust me

Retard here, what does canonical mean?
Kind of assuming its something to do with the order, and relevant with Quxiote because it consists of 2 books.

The western canon is a "list" (it's not actually written down, it's closer to an idea) of the most important and best works of western (Euro and American) literature.
The word has a several wildly different meanings in different contexts, but this one is what Veeky Forumsizens usually think of.

Cheers mate, Appreciate it.

Off topic and board, but what would be the canonical list of films or pieces of music for the same geographical and cultural area?

if your not liking it, stop. though, because it's so influential and innovation of plot, you shouldn't really read it for plot.

As I said, the list isn't particularly defined. Harold Bloom tried to write one for literature and then he rejected it. For music you might pick the most highly regarded pieces of art music. For films... 1001 Movies You Have To See Before You Die is an acceptable list, I guess.

The second book gets past that repetition. The only thing I thought that I could have skipped were those mini novels in between like "the man who was recklessly curious"

tfw you realise that everyone in the book is a demon encouraging the Don in his delusion, except Sancho who is Don's guardian angel

That's how I felt when I was reading The Count of Monte Cristo.
By the end I just didn't know what was left in my life anymore, the adventure was over.

It doesn't even trigger me when people this autistic have opinions. It's merely amusing.

Yes, OP, it's worth reading. But if you're rolling your eyes at the 250 page mark and not enjoying one of the funniest works ever written (no exaggeration), put it down and go read something else.

It's always a hearty kek when people attempt to discredit Don Quixote, one of the most referenced works of all time. What a sad lot.

it's only referenced because we live in a post modern society where science has kill god and no one knows what to believe anymore so they settle for "intelligent" self depreciating satire.

don Quixote is the original hipster 4plebs book

>it's only referenced because we live in a post modern society
Borderline stupidest thing I've ever read on this board. Your confidence in your complete lack of knowledge on this subject is astounding.

not an argument

youtube.com/watch?v=ZgQlwscDyus

arguing that postmodernism is responsible for Don Quixote's contribution to the literary tradition is asinine.

See:
Joseph Andrews
The Female Quixote
Huck Finn
Madame Bovary
The Idiot

>That speech Don Quijote gives to the goat herders over a handfull of chestnuts

Mátate, op

Am I a pleb if these parts were my favorite? anyway, If you are already at 250 it gets past that stuff right away.

see
don Quixote started the post modern thing

Completely irrelevant to this point I'm making. The amount of 'references' to Don Quixote have nothing to do with our
>post modern society where science kill god

It's contribution as a "proto-postmodern work" (this is a generous title) has nothing to do with this conversation. Also it's hysterical that people dissect Deadpool, or any Marvel film, to such a degree. This timeline is so fucking terrible I can't believe it

>don Quixote started the post modern thing
Fuck this shit.
Fuck everything.
I don't want to live in a world where Veeky Forums cretins like these determine the future of civilization. I'm going Kaczynski mode right fucking now. I hope you and people like you die of nuclear radiation.

not only that, but their citation is a Deadpool analysis on youtube

I'd like to take you to for dinner.

I hate people like you. Just finish the fucking book you bleedin' coward.

you mean the post-modern society where political ideals are more passionate and divisive as ever? where humanitarian charity is higher than it's ever been? that kind of insincerity?