How often do you splurge on "luxury ingredients"?

How often do you splurge on "luxury ingredients"?

Other urls found in this thread:

time.com/4176128/powerball-jackpot-lottery-winners/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

like good canned tuna and capers i guess
fine cheeses really

Not very, I'm tighter than a dolphins arse.

>How often do you splurge on "luxury ingredients"?
I just shop per my whim and mood. I don't do seafood usually, so I honestly can't think of anything that is a true luxury. Overpriced cheese, or little jars of this or that, but mostly I just buy what I want to eat or make.

How tight are dolphins arses?

A little less than that guy

Twice the dolphin, twice as tight... Only slightly radioactive.

why THE FUCK does someone worth millions of dollars do the shopping themselves rather than hire a personal shopper?

did she purposely do this for the paparazzi shoot for whole foods?

I literally could not let anyone else pick out my apples for me

because believe it or not young multimillionaires usually aren't lazy pieces of shit. sure, plenty of celebs won't do this sort of thing. but is it that hard to believe that a few will do normal every day things and go out in public?

no the real answer is most of them in extremely gated communities so the only time you actually ever see them out in public is doing something like this

and most of them are very much normalfags beyond their celebrity image

>normalfags
Not Tay. She's high functioning.

Sometimes ill buy alcohol that isn't just technically safe to drink

What the fuck is that

You mean like buy Dr Pepper instead of Dr Thunder?

Going to need a quick rundown on this image.

>mostly I just buy what I want to eat or make

this is pretty much what I do, but I normally let what's in season or on sale influence my purchases a lot. groceries that are in season are generally cheaper.

probably once every other month I'll splurge on a pricey ingredient that I normally don't buy. Beef tenderloin, lamb chops, or morelles are things that usually price themselves right off my radar when I'm at the market, but if there's a reason to celebrate, I'll splurge.

I think my next "treat" might be sea bass. That shit was $30/lbs the last time I went to my fish monger. At that price, it's gotta be fancy, right?

>most of them in extremely gated communities

tim cook is worth a lot more than taylor swift and he literally lives 5 minutes WALKING DISTANCE from the palo alto apple store

not in a gated community either, in a normal house on a normal street

you could literally go there and take a dump on his driveway if you wanted

What's wrong with the one on top's eye? :(

He's seen some shit

Kind of looks how i generally feel

Usually I'll buy one or two pricey items per grocery store trip.

Sounds like a plan. On and, Palo Alto is basically a gated community in and of itself.

Was it autism?

Wtf he only drives a 528

I'm at a point in my life where brand name is a luxury item. Heinz tastes better than generic, so that's one of my big purchases.

Usually every 1 and 1/2 weeks I buy more meat. & if my grocery store has its dried aged done I buy 1 or 2 steaks. If its not ready I buy a large portion of flank, or prime ribeye.

My roommate works for a wine wholesaler & often good pairing are at already in the fridge. She also gets interesting spices.

No she's just a Blondie with daddies money.

dude is a billionaire and lives in a smaller house than even steve jobs did

>be me
>move to a new area
>want to make pasta for dinner
>go shopping
>pick up a bit of parmesan cheese from the cheese shelf, don't see price anywhere
>finish shopping and go check out
>girl rings up my cheese
>"Uh this cheese costs $27, are you sure you want it?"
>already anxious from social interaction but start overloading
>"o-oh yeah that's fine"
>she cocks an eyebrow and looks at me
>"Are you sure?"
>"y-yeah heh it's fine"
>"You must really like cheese" she says as she rings it up
>"heh y-yeah"
>go home with $27 cheese
>use maybe an eighth of it, it doesn't even taste that good
>sits at the back of the fridge for months
>find it molding one day
>throw it out

this is why you buy the smallest pieces of parmesan you can find

Never. The only time I eat for more than 3 euros a day is when I have ice cream or am trying something new.

Unless you count imported Chinese tea not often.

>tim cook is worth a lot more than taylor swift and he literally lives 5 minutes WALKING DISTANCE from the palo alto apple store
>not in a gated community either, in a normal house on a normal stre
I gotta say that borders on reckless. Kidnapping is a real thing, in the US as well as in Europe.

>I gotta say that borders on reckless. Kidnapping is a real thing, in the US as well as in Europe.

don't know why it's never happened then

he isn't the only one to live this lifestyle

Every time I go shopping for a specific dish, or do my big shop, really.

I keep a well-stocked pantry which frees up money to buy some nice stuff once in a while.

ok just for fun I'll give two examples that actually hilariously prove your point b/c they are so far in the past:
patty hearst
charles lindbergh, jr.

when i first started cooking i was a retard, spending like 5 quid on 3 chicken breasts (where i could get a whole chicken for 2.50) I learnt my lesson, buy whole chickens and divide that fucker.

nah fuck that
i got a whole wheel when i was in italy, bought it home, used my italian neighbour's parmesan grater and bulk froze it, it can go straight on pasta or in sauces from frozen.

>How often do you splurge on "luxury ingredients"?
What do you define as luxury items?
Stuff like caviar and "name brand" champagne you'd see with nuveaux riche russians or retard rappers?
Never. (Though I'd like to try caviar, DESU)

Or just stuff the average basement dweller can't afford or sees as so far beyond his tendie event horizon that he can't comprehend it?
All the time.
If I buy some meat, it's mostly organic, I always have some high quality, expensive olive and pumpkin seed oil at hand, wine is also never cheap stuff, and so on.
But I don't really see this as luxury.

here in the US a fryer or a broiler is fucking expensive. Its cheaper to get a roast chicken from costco I kid you not.

The only thing I buy that could be considered luxurious are freshly roasted coffee beans

I live in the Bay Area and tech companies are literally everywhere. They aren't jerks if you walk in either. People think that they are monolithic soulless corporate giants but they are pretty nice and do listen to walk ins. I was at the nearest Carls Jr. like a year ago and remembered Youtube was the building right next door so I went over and told them something that was bothering me about Youtube. They filed it as a legit complaint then gave me free juice and a frisbee. They may have shredded it after I left for all I know but at least they were nice.

I went to high school with her. She was a freshman to my senior. She performed in the talent show and someone told me that she got a record deal and I lold because her performance was poor.

Luxury goods that I buy?
>Cheese
>Salmon
>Steak
>Venison
>Chocolate
>Coffee

i generally try to buy the "best" of whatever it is that i am buying. that´s not always necessarily a luxury good, but, for example, at least here in europe the epxensive parmesan cheese generally is miles better than the cheap stuff AND you need much less, so it does not even come out that much more expensive in the end.

P.s. Carls Jr. on the left, Youtube on the right.

I was also at this starbucks getting one of those thai chicken peanut roll things the other day. Twitter on the left.

Corporations are not people

You should try caviar sometime, user. Treat it like oysters, something special. Really is worth it.

this

sometimes i spend a lot on cured pork or a nice cheese from the deli

I used o spend about $2-300/mo on scotch but the doc said I inherited a gene that fucks with my liver and that if I continue drinking I will get both liver and lung cancer. Now the most expensive things I buy are good oil and vinegar.

That is one lanky transexual.

But that's wrong, my mentally challenged friend.

Only thing more annoying than that lanky cunt is her fanboys.

Corporations are definitely people you racist. What shithole country do you live in?

But that's wrong, my mentally challenged friend.

Why does it seem like every celebrity shops at Whole Foods?

Less poor people than other stores

Found the jealous roastie. Your boyfriend thinks of TayTay when he fucks you.

We'll leave you alone if you don't talk shit about our girl.

these are examples of rich/famous people's relatives being abducted, not the rich/famous themselves

so the rich/famous have nothing to worry about.. only their family members

If you spend shit tons on money on ridiculous services like a personal shopper then you won't be a millionaire anymore

>how poor people think: the post

To be fair, she does look like a duck.

How much do you think it would cost to have someone spend an hour or two a week getting groceries? I think the millionaires will manage to budget that 300 bucks a month.

I don't have luxury ingredients. I have ingredients. If you can buy it in a supermarket, it's not a luxury.

Honestly, if I became rich, I wouldn't suddenly start buying mansions and supercars. I'd get a nice reasonably sized house or flat and a decent car, some nicer suits, etc. But I wouldn't go splurging on ridiculous stuff.

Seabass is good but it might have been priced that way due to availability.

This, I don't want all my shit spread out, I want it all in one place. Why buy a big house when you can spend the money on a nice small house and a lot of cool tech.

Someone who hires a personal shopper probably has a bunch of other unneeded expenditures. Maybe a chef, a dog walker, cleaning services. They add up fast.

I would have some impractical cars, but I'm a racing fan. I'd go with a reasonable house too, just want a pool and a nice home gym. Most of my spending money would go towards races, football games, and Taylor Swift concerts.

>Veeky Forums - where poor people try to validate being poor

Of course it was for exposure. Swift only cares about being famous and getting more money, just like any other celebrity. All the shit she does for her fans and all the fights she gets into with other musicians are just PR stunts.

It's staged shit for PR purposes to make them look normal. I used to work at a Whole Foods where we had celebs (Jennifer Lawrence came to ours multiple times) do this too. They have one of their people call in a few weeks before, we'd let them in a hour before the store opens. The "people" in the store are screened actors they bring in, usually only 4-5 people and maybe 2 kids or babies to make it look legit.

Just look at lottery winners, they spend all their money on shit they can't afford and end up in debt two years later. If I were rich, I'd hire a financial advisor so that didn't happen to me.

Maybe I'm just naive, but I don't understand how you could do that without being literally retarded. At worst, you should have to sell your mansion and supercars to live a comfy upper-middle class life without working.

It's true, they spend their money frivolously and give a lot of it away to family members who all magically show up with their hands out. The lottery winner ends up worse off than where they started after a couple years.

time.com/4176128/powerball-jackpot-lottery-winners/

Corporations are comprised of people, though. Some of those people might be nice.

If i could afford a personal shopper i wouldn't trust them to not fuck up my groceries. I'd probably just send them out to buy me apple cider, eggs, and bread.

Whenever I think Tay could touch it

bought pic related because i wanted to have it with my salmon. thought the price was $3.99/lb, but it was actually $3.99 per little rubber banded bundle. paid $8 for three servings of fancy broccoli. never again.

I wonder if I sent food to TayTay and asked her very politely to rub her feet all over it, that she'd do it.

There are people in my area who use private shoppers and it's a middle class suburb. For an A list celeb it's literal pocket change.

I wouldn't hire one if I were suddenly super wealthy. I'm not familiar with the girl's history but I'm guessing she grew up doing her own shopping and cooking and she just stuck with it.
Hiring people to shop for you and wipe your arse is more for folks who were always rich, I think.

On topic, I don't go cheap on cheese and meat. I go very cheap on the rest but still try to get good quality stuff; fresh in-season vegetables etc.

Him and all those silicon valley types have bunkers filled with food and guns awaiting the day when anti-proproietary pitchfork peasants come for them

Water tight

Whoooaaa! Easy there Rockefeller!

I feed two people on a budget of about $40 a week, so I'm not splurging on much in the way of luxury ingredients. The splurge money is the wine bill, which ends up being $75-$100 a week. Rather drink good wine with humble food than luxury food and mediocre wine.

She probably gets someone else to do it 90% of the time. And I'm sure she wouldn't be cooking more than 1-2 meals a week. But I imagine celebs would feel like doing normal people things every now and then.

Have yet to find coffee under $12/lb that doesn't taste like charred rat shit.

>If I were rich, I'd hire a financial advisor
How to lose half your shit without getting a divorce.

Being temporarily poor is understandable, but generational poverty is a product of poor financial decisions. I had some tenants who would always pay rent late and complain about having trouble putting food on the table when they had obviously spent their paychecks on a new ATV and shit.

Not very often.

My main splurges are USDA Prime beef, good wine/beer, and pricey cheeses, none of which are really used as ingredients, but rather enjoyed mostly as they are. The only thing that I use as an ingredient that I pay quite a bit for is good parmesan.

I just bought a tiny amount of parmesan / Italian style cheese for 2 euros just to have some pasta.

I miss the cheap Kraft parmesan of the US.

A chicken is cheaper than an appliance, no shit.

Unitasker doesn't mean you should use it only once you humongous donut.

Wow cool gif you should post it on /r/Veeky Forums for some sweet karma